• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

JAXXX

Terra powers could be dope...

Screenshot_2015-11-22-19-51-19.png

Screenshot_2015-11-22-19-51-29.png

NRS designs are hot and cold for me.. Tremor did NOTHING for me(his powers could have been interpreted better) But both Ferra/Torr and Devorah designs were great IMO.

Terra and Atlee could be premium skin of one another .
I think she offers more than Starfire( no offense to those who want her), how is she gonna to be different then how NRS depicted a water down Firestorm?

Village

Terra powers could be dope...

NRS designs are hot and cold for me.. Tremor did NOTHING for me(his powers could have been interpreted better) But both Ferra/Torr and Devorah designs were great IMO.

Terra and Atlee could be premium skin of one another .
I think she offers more than Starfire( no offense to those who want her), how is she gonna to be different then how NRS depicted a water down Firestorm?

Its not the powers part, the the shit character part.

Can I just get the rock ninja from MK, and his intro to be throwing terra in the actual literal garbage.

Alienous

My DLC character picks:

New
Starfire
Terra
Etrigan
Star Sapphire
Sub-Zero

Returning
Deathstroke (more melee focused)
Killer Frost
Raven
Zatanna
Martian Manhunter

That seems like it's be varied. No real new Batman characters. Maybe a tad high on the Teen Titan representation, but I think they each lend themselves to interesting gameplay, and would provide visual variety in the effects they use.

Pretty balanced hero/villain ratio.

With Zatanna maybe I'd go with Circe instead, for Wonder Woman villain representation.

vg260

Brainiac's intro sounds like he's about to vomit.

I wasn't expecting the projectile stuff. I wonder if those are gear moves. He looks like he's got a few tentacle moves. Hopefully they are part of his base moveset. I like his super. Overall, pretty rad. I could see myself using him a lot.

vg260

His stage looks a lot cooler in this than when first shown. They are killing it with the stages. These have some of the best looking stages in a fighter to date.

I do think the supers tend to be a bit long though.

delSai

Mmmm, during the watchtower last week Tyler said there would be a stream this Thursday but not a watchtower one. This might be that?

That seems to be the case, didn't Tyler mention that he's traveling this week? I hope we get to hear about something we haven't before, i don't expect too much though.

Q8D3vil

The stages design and art are miles ahead of any other fighting game its not funny to compare them. The difference is like comparing between a ps2 remaster game to ps4 game.

Brainiac's super looks insane. Seriously. We actually saw part of it in the Shattered Alliance trailer; there was a brief scene that showed Cyborg, surrounded by the drones.

The stages design and art are miles ahead of any other fighting game its not funny to compare them. The difference is like comparing between a ps2 remaster game to ps4 game.

So true. Street Fighter 5 looks like a fan project compared to Injustice 2.

Also its great to see Netherrealm always getting better and better and trying to improve and invent new stuff in fighting games.

vg260

Also its great to see Netherrealm always getting better and better and trying to improve and invent new stuff in fighting games.

I wouldn't go that far, but I think we're seeing what an AAA budget can do. The improvement from the first one to this is massive, especially in terms of the areas where people had complaints about the first one.

Do you think we'll see a new engine with their next game? I mean, the game is obviously beautiful and their modifications have been so heavy it's barely basic UE3. I'm just a little curious.

I honestly see no reason for them to switch to a new engine if this one keeps meeting their needs. They have the financial and technical ability to keep modifying the engine as they see fit and the results speak for themselves.

delSai

The one thing i still really want to know is if they plan on updating the game with gear for characters that aren't DLC. We know the 9 new characters will get their own gear, but will i dunno, Swamp Thing get new stuff down the line as well? NRS could keep people playing for a long ass time if they supported it the right way. Maybe they already talked about it and i just forgot.

JAXXX

Variation System seems to be superior to the Gear System if you are a Competitive Player.
Alot of the neat stuff wont be seen at the pro-level / maybe at Combo Breaker where they had specialized tournaments.

Variation System seems to be superior to the Gear System if you are a Competitive Player.
Alot of the neat stuff wont be seen at the pro-level / maybe at Combo Breaker where they had specialized tournaments.

I don't know why they just don't have it so you can turn off stats but have the abilities unlocked from the start and be separate from the gear.

Or hell, just have a gear system for visual purposes only and have variations. I kind of hope they do that for the next MK.

Tyaren

That was exactly what I was thinking a couple of seconds ago.

In general fighters this generation have imo been disappointing what graphics are concerned. In earlier console generations fighters were always among the best if not the best looking games on a system. No wonder, if there's just two characters at once on screen and that in a small, enclosed stage, you can pump all power a system got, and all creativity a designer got, into it. Strangely this generation was still pretty disappointing in that regard. The best looking games, with the most beautiful characters models and animations as well as environments are still games that are way bigger in scope and technically much more demanding. Some are even open world, like Arkham Knight, FFXV or Horizon Zero Dawn.
Injustice is the first fighter this generation, where I actually multiple times said to myself: Wow, that looks really good. O: High polygon characters, great textures, shading and lighting, beautifully animated, imaginative environments full of detail and atmosphere and many stage transitions and super moves that are simply jaw dropping. On top of that it's coming form NR Studios. A studio that I avoided for a long time exactly because I thought their games, especially the characters, looked unappealing, even repelling. Props to NR Studios and whoever/whatever inspired that change. Injustice will be a visual feast. :)

Finaika

That was exactly what I was thinking a couple of seconds ago.

In general fighters this generation have imo been disappointing what graphics are concerned. In earlier console generations fighters were always among the best if not the best looking games on a system. No wonder, if there's just two characters at once on screen and that in a small, enclosed stage, you can pump all power a system got, and all creativity a designer got, into it. Strangely this generation was still pretty disappointing in that regard. The best looking games, with the most beautiful characters models and animations as well as environments are still games that are way bigger in scope and technically much more demanding. Some are even open world, like Arkham Knight, FFXV or Horizon Zero Dawn.
Injustice is the first fighter this generation, where I actually multiple times said to myself: Wow, that looks really good. O: High polygon characters, great textures, shading and lighting, beautifully animated, imaginative environments full of detail and atmosphere and many stage transitions and super moves that are simply jaw dropping. On top of that it's coming form NR Studios. A studio that I avoided for a long time exactly because I thought their games, especially the characters, looked unappealing, even repelling. Props to NR Studios and whoever/whatever inspired that change. Injustice will be a visual feast. :)

KOFXIV?

vg260

Yup, but maybe if they had to balance all that stuff, they wouldn't have bothered. (assuming they're not going to spend a ton of effort balancing them). I could see them needing to prioritize other efforts for the first year with so much DLC, so maybe that wouldn't have been feasible even if they wanted to.

Maybe if the game starts to get stale down the line, and they let them rock for a while to see how they're working, they could do a refresh and balance to enable them in a competitive fashion.

Ryce

I honestly love the way both SFV and Injustice 2 look. There's no need to shit on one to elevate the other -- there's room for both.

Top Bottom