• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

JAXXX

No I wanted something like that.

667917e733c840df574722b77cea59aa.png

or that

aa11a158cc00c9804ed2eeaaae84efa4.png

the top one doesnt even look like starfire or realistic. looks like an orange barbie
The bottom one looks like what you got.

She's not gonna have huge eyes with teardrops on her forehead when she thinks.
NRS clearly went the classic comic route..
GalleryChar_1900x900_starfire_52ab8c3e6890f3.78689696.jpg

I'm sorry you dont like her, but i think she looks amazing. But you dont like any IN2 characters design?

SpaceWolf

Banned
Despite this game literally revolving around an incredibly elaborate and multi-faceted gear system which revolve around hundreds if not thousands of different geat pieces, people are still complaining about the character's starter costumes.

delSai

Stream starts in 15 minutes. Cant wait to see Darkseid gear.

And i hope they show off Joker gear we haven't seen yet.

fernoca

Despite this game literally revolving around an incredibly elaborate and multi-faceted gear system which revolve around hundreds if not thousands of different geat pieces, people are still complaining about the character's starter costumes.
Yeah. I still roll my eyes when I read some complaints.

I don't like the colors...well, change the colors.

I don't like the face...then, slap some mask or helmet.

From the very first reveal, the keyword was customization. Yet, every character is followed by a complaint by someone not liking something.

Slaythe

It's not like you can change their faces though, when it's a character without helmet it's quite a problem if the design isn't to your liking. (if they don't have make up/hair gear like canary and joker)

the top one doesnt even look like starfire or realistic. looks like an orange barbie
The bottom one looks like what you got.

She's not gonna have huge eyes with teardrops on her forehead when she thinks.
NRS clearly went the classic comic route..
GalleryChar_1900x900_starfire_52ab8c3e6890f3.78689696.jpg

I'm sorry you dont like her, but i think she looks amazing. But you dont like any IN2 characters design?

She looks nothing like bottom one though. She does look like your classic look, I don't really like her that way though. She looks super old. I meant I disliked how the DLCs looked.

I like Robin Superman Supergirl and Black Canary designs. And Batman/Harley I guess. I like the Joker too. Aquaman is alright. That's about it. That being said most can be tweaked greatly with gear so we'll see.

Makes sense she's old. She's 10 years older than when we first saw the universe and Nightwing etc had been heroes for years already.

CryptiK

It's not like you can change their faces though, when it's a character without helmet it's quite a problem if the design isn't to your liking. (if they don't have make up/hair gear like canary and joker)

She looks nothing like bottom one though. She does look like your classic look, I don't really like her that way though. She looks super old. I meant I disliked how the DLCs looked.

I like Robin Superman Supergirl and Black Canary designs. And Batman/Harley I guess. I like the Joker too. Aquaman is alright. That's about it. That being said most can be tweaked greatly with gear so we'll see.
Its fine you'll be able to dress her up like every other hero.

JAXXX

Makes sense she's old. She's 10 years older than when we first saw the universe and Nightwing etc had been heroes for years already.
exactly- Damian Wayne isnt 12 years old in this.
he even mentions in one intro that he's old enough to drink.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

delSai

For some reason i thought they'd show Joker during the stream, turns out thats not true lol.

It's Darkseid, Green Arrow and Green Lantern.

Just dropping in to say, as I just took a peek at my youtube subs and found myself greeted by an ad for a DLC pack for a game that hasn't even released yet...

Fuck off WB.

Just came home from work.

Holy shit. They are going all out give the 2 most requested characters at the start.

Also dem teases. Great to see Black Manta also gonna make it.

vg260

cross-quoting:
The silhouettes are the same as in the trailer, with two exceptions: Raiden is missing his hat and the third character from the left is completely different.

yTIwT0w.png

I'm starting to think silhouette #3 is Rorschach with the brim of his hat clipped off. It looks a lot like him when added back in.

jfPtJMH.png

vg260

It seems to have been removed in the Twitter image (the image you quoted, between Red Hood and Starfire).

Maybe they're backing down from two Mortal Kombat characters? Probably not...

I'm starting to think they were toying around with chopping off parts of the character silhouettes to make them less obvious, but decided to go ahead and show the full Raiden and Manta ones.

Alienous

I'm starting to think they were toying around with chopping off parts of the character silhouettes to make them less obvious, but decided to go ahead and show the full Raiden and Manta ones.

That seems about right, seeing as Raiden and Mantis are front and centre. "We'll confirm one from each of the unrevealed pack, and leave you guessing at the rest".

That would allow Ed Boon to still tease potential characters on Twitter.

GeeTeeCee

Even the Azrael silhouette looks like they just took the Arkham Knight Azrael render, turned it into a shadow, and removed/smoothed out some of the more obvious identifying marks (like the gauntlets).

I don't know what's happening anymore.

delSai

2 streams next week, the Gear stream on friday where they'll show stuff we havent seen yet, and one on wednesday for the Mobile Game.

Ryce

Even the Azrael silhouette looks like they just took the Arkham Knight Azrael render, turned it into a shadow, and removed/smoothed out some of the more obvious identifying marks (like the gauntlets).

I don't know what's happening anymore.
The silhouette is definitely Azrael. It looks like the Arkham version of the character with his classic bulky gauntlets.

Bk2hD9r.png

B00TE

Oh man, I am so on board with the multiverse mode. I hope there's plenty that let us use the characters we want.

JAXXX

Serious question...but why is Red Hood so popular? Batman has alot of amazing villains but what makes him stand out to this fanbase so much.

No I wanted something like that.

or that

How people who asked for Starfire in Injustice kept expecting animu style will always be a mystery for me.

You know how the game's models look like. You know the general aesthetic of the series. You know who is developing the game.

Top Bottom