• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

Compbros

NRS always does this. They have heavy reveals early on, a couple months of interviews and information with maybe a reveal here or there, then around January they go into overdrive for the final 3-4 months. Expect 2 more characters or trailers this year and be pleasantly surprised if it's more.

J-Tier

I personally have no real interest in playing any other Super family character that's either a Kryptonian, Kryptonian clone or citizen of Daxam. I'll take Krypto the Superdog and Bizarro though.

I'm willing to take any reveal at this point. Skipping NYCC was bizarre. I guess the next big event is PSX? Not sure if they intend to be there or not.

delSai

Yeah, PSX is the next and last(?) event of the year. WB is obviously going to be there and Injustice is probably going to be playable as well, thats why i'm thinking we might get a reveal before PSX with a new playable build at the event.

MKX didn't get any reveals at PSX 2 years ago by the way. I''m sure at that point there were still some reveals left.

delSai

Oh wow, i completely forgot about The Game Awards. Well, my money's on a reveal there then. Thats where we got the Kombat Pack 2 trailer iirc.
And good to see Ed talking more about Injustice again on Twitter

I voted for Raiden (Sub-Zero was obviously going to win that) and Spawn.

I'd love to see Hellboy as a character as well.

Edit: Now when's the vote for Raphael, Green Ranger, Space Ghost and Freakazoid. Lol

Drayco21

I shouldn't be surprised to see so much of the MK audience is still a fan of Spawn of all characters :lol

I went with Johnny Cage for the MK poll; I think he'd be the most fun to see interact with the DC cast. I bet he's auditioned to play Batman at least once.

SpaceWolf

Banned

84.gif

Thank god. What took them so long?

@RohanGrande @noobde please don't forget about Cat woman EB: We shan't !!

Boon baby, you're saying all the right things to me.

Would not be surprised at all for a weekend open beta. Would be great way for everybody to get a taste of the game, the gear system and the netcode.

est1992

Yeah, PSX is the next and last(?) event of the year. WB is obviously going to be there and Injustice is probably going to be playable as well, thats why i'm thinking we might get a reveal before PSX with a new playable build at the event.

MKX didn't get any reveals at PSX 2 years ago by the way. I''m sure at that point there were still some reveals left.

WB is there and by my knowledge they don't have anything else to show besides Injustice. They're entire 2017 slate is open (hopefully we get a WB Montreal reveal soon), so they'll probably have that to show off.

The only thing I'm surprised by is that we haven't had a Flash reveal. He was the only character in the reveal trailer that we haven't seen yet. They're probably waiting to showcase a new moveset with him or show him besides a Captain Cold reveal.

Neoxon

Possible. Depends on how much of it was finished beforehand. Don't think it'll impede them too bad, but we'll see.
True. I guess if NRS finished most of the voice work ahead of time, it won't be an issue for the base game. If anything, I could see the strike impacting how soon we get DLC for the game if it doesn't delay the base game.

Curious as to who would show up? Rorschach or Dr. Manhattan?

I expected a Watchmen character ever since they were brought into the DC universe.

TDLink

I can't decide if the stoppage of all reveals and Boon trolling on twitter for this game is better or worse than the Sombra ARG shit Blizzard pulled. One of them is definitely the worst reveal mechanism for a game this year.

Drayco21

If we have to have a Watchmen I'd like to see Ozy, with Bubastis assists as his trait, and a giant tentacle monster super, because I'd rather see The Question over Rorschach.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I’ve gotten so tired of waiting for more character reveals for this game, when I couldn’t sleep last night, I found myself dreaming up potential combat/clash dialogue for an in-game version of John Constantine.

Superman

Constantine:
If it isn’t everybody’s favourite tyrant in tights…
Superman: Surrender, Constantine! I won’t ask you again.
Constantine: That’s cause you’ll be unconscious, ya twat.

Clash

Constantine: And I thought I was the monster....
Superman: You were right!

Superman: You WILL bow down to me!
Constantine: Kiss my arse, ya big blue bastard.

Supergirl

Constantine: Nice costume, sweetheart. Very original.
Supergirl: Says the guy who dresses like a pantomime hobo.
Constantine: It’s what’s on the inside that counts, love.

Clash

Supergirl: You punch like a girl!
Constantine: Likewise…obviously.

Constantine: Give my regards to your cousin.
Supergirl: Before or after your funeral?

Batman

Constantine: Long time no see, Batty Boy!
Batman: You’re in over you head, Constantine.
Constantine: Yeah, well…what else is new?

Clash

Batman: You can't win this, John! Give in!
Constantine: Oh, you'd like that wouldn't you?

Constantine: I’ll never understand what Zatanna sees in you.
Batman: Funny, I was just thinking the same thing…

Harley Quinn

Constantine: Well, aren’t you a freaky little thing?
Harley: Tough talk for a guy who’s about to get his brains bashed in!
Constantine: I’m starting to like this girl!

Clash

Constantine: So, want to swap numbers?
Harley: Sorry, limey! I’m a one man loon!

Harley: Nice coat! Seems a shame to get blood on it!
Constantine: At least it won’t be mine.

Blue Beetle.

Constantine: So which member of the group are you supposed to be? Paul? Ringo?
Blue Beetle: What the hell is a Ringo?
Constantine: Christ…

Clash.

Constantine: Sorry, mate. This isn’t personal…
Blue Beetle: It certainly feels personal!

Blue Beetle: I don’t want to hurt you!
Constantine: That's why you'll lose!

The Flash

Constantine: All flash and no substance…
The Flash: I don’t know, man...my fists can feel pretty substantial.
Constantine: Wanker.

Clash

Constantine: Ready to be the fastest man in hell?
The Flash: Ready to be the slowest?

The Flash: Know any spells that work at the speed of sound?
Constantine: Guess you'll have to wait and find out!

Deadshot

Constantine: Guns. I always hated guns.
Deadshot: Too much of a challenge?
Constantine: Too much of a bloody bore.

Clash

Deadshot: You know, we could use a guy of your talents on the Squad!
Constantine: Flattered mate, but I’ve got my own crew.

Constantine: Looks like you’re running out of bullets.
Deadshot: It only takes one.

Aquaman

Constantine: Ready to see some magic, fish boy?
Aquaman: You dare insult the King of Atlantis?
Constantine: I can tell I'm going to enjoy this...

Clash

Aquaman: You fight well!
Constantine: You don’t!

Constantine: Liking the trident!
Aquaman: Want to take a closer look?

Gorilla Grodd

Constantine: A telepathic ape, eh? Guess now I’ve seen everything.
Gorilla Grodd: Then you shall have no regrets when I destroy you!
Constantine: Now that I’d like to see!

Clash

Gorilla Grodd: The worst is yet to come!
Constantine: What are you gonna do, mate? Carry me up the bloody Empire State Building?

Gorilla Grodd: I’m through playing mind games.
Constantine: Just as well, mate. I’m better at it.

Yep.

giphy.gif

I’ve gotten so tired of waiting for more character reveals for this game, when I couldn’t sleep last night, I found myself dreaming up potential combat/clash dialogue for an in-game version of John Constantine.

giphy.gif
Dear God, you need to be hired as a writer pronto.

delSai

Good stuff, SpaceWolf.

In other news, people seem to be having fun with Injustice's IMDB site again and added Sub-Zero and Spawn lol.

The next Reveal should happen next week, i'm getting hyped already.

Neoxon

Yep.

giphy.gif
DC, HIRE THIS MAN!!!!!

Neoxon

DC/WB/NRS, I need info! This is my hype right now.

dFMGweA.gif

I mean, the whole Fox ban & possibly 2v2 stuff is kinda dampening my hype, but still.

vg260

DC/WB/NRS, I need info! This is my hype right now.

dFMGweA.gif

I mean, the whole Fox ban & possibly 2v2 stuff is kinda dampening my hype, but still.

It kinda crazy that they went silent for so long and now could have some more reveal hype squashed by any MvC news.

delSai

Who do you guys expect to show up for the next reveal? I'm going with Flash, Captain Cold and Dr. Fate, getting the ones everyone is expecting anyway out of the way now.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Dear God, you need to be hired as a writer pronto.

Those were awesome, but now I'll be sad if Constantine goes in and his dialogue isn't as good as yours.

I love the Constantine dialogue, very in-character!

Good stuff, SpaceWolf.

In other news, people seem to be having fun with Injustice's IMDB site again and added Sub-Zero and Spawn lol.

The next Reveal should happen next week, i'm getting hyped already.

DC, HIRE THIS MAN!!!!!

Oh man, thanks guys! I've actually been having a pretty horrible day today so seeing your responses to my post really cheered me up.

I've always wanted to work as a full-time writer, especially in the field of comic books or video games...so working as a dialogue writer for Netherealm would be a dream come true for me. Maybe one day!

If anyone has any character dialogue requests for any other characters to help me kill some time while waiting for the next bunch of character reveals, I'd be more than happy to oblige.

It's been literally 3 and a 1/2 months since the last trailer. Really hope they show something at PSX cause the hype is dying at a considerably fast rate, particularly in front of these Mahvel rumours.

Neoxon

Oh man, thanks guys! I've actually been having a pretty horrible day today so seeing your responses to my post really cheered me up.

I've always wanted to work as a full-time writer, especially in the field of comic books or video games...so working as a dialogue writer for Netherealm would be a dream come true for me. Maybe one day!

If anyone has any character dialogue requests for any other characters to help me kill some time while waiting for the next bunch of character reveals, I'd be more than happy to oblige.
Could you do Static?

I was gonna ask you to do Batwoman but then I realized how utterly boring that would be, so just ignore me lol.

Top Bottom