• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

vg260

Based on Boon's responses when asked about it in interviews, I would be very surprised if Manta wasn't in, at least as DLC.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Based on Boon's responses when asked about it in interviews, I would be very surprised if Manta wasn't in, at least as DLC.

Every character that has been featured in Boon's polls is pretty much confirmed. He is just pulling a PR stunt so that he can brag about how much they listened to the fans. The final roster should have been decided way before the game was officially revealed

So yeah, Manta, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Starfire, Captain Cold, Red Hood and Joker are safe bets for the roster

Ryce

Every character that has been featured in Boon's polls is pretty much confirmed. He is just pulling a PR stunt so that he can brag about how much they listened to the fans. The final roster should have been decided way before the game was officially revealed

So yeah, Manta, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Starfire, Captain Cold, Red Hood and Joker are safe bets for the roster
I have a feeling the Manta vs. Constantine vs. Starfire poll was for DLC. I doubt they're in the base game.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I have a feeling the Manta vs. Constantine vs. Starfire poll was for DLC. I doubt they're in the base game.

Yeah, I can see them being DLC too. Even though NRS usually plays it very safe with DLC, which means at least 2 guest characters, one batman/movie tie-in character and possibly just one obscure character like Starfire/Constantine/Manta per season pass

Sesha

I really like the roster so far. So far it's way better than that of the original, and the rumored/speculated characters make it even more promising. Gorilla Grodd, Atrocitus/Dex Starr, Blue Beetle, Deadshot, Captain Cold and Doctor Fate were all on my wish list.

Otherwise, I would like to see (bolded are my most wanted):

Heroes:

Cassandra Cain/Black Bat/Orphan (nr. 1 most wanted)
Stephanie Brown/Spoiler
Batwoman
Booster Gold
Katana
Plastic Man
Vixen

Animal Man
Swamp Thing

Villains:

Black Manta
Klarion the Witch Boy
Poison Ivy
Scarecrow

Also, just for the fun of it, characters I want that have no chance of making it in:

Shade the Changing Man
Starman
Death
Egg-Fu
Hellboy (as a guest character. Voiced by Ron Perlman, of course)

Veedot

I really like the roster so far. So far it's way better than that of the original, and the rumored/speculated characters make it even more promising. Gorilla Grodd, Atrocitus/Dex Starr, Blue Beetle, Deadshot, Captain Cold and Doctor Fate were all on my wish list.

Otherwise, I would like to see (bolded are my most wanted):

Heroes:

Cassandra Cain/Black Bat/Orphan (nr. 1 most wanted)
Stephanie Brown/Spoiler
Batwoman
Booster Gold
Katana
Plastic Man
Vixen

Animal Man
Swamp Thing

Villains:

Black Manta
Klarion the Witch Boy
Poison Ivy
Scarecrow

Also, just for the fun of it, characters I want that have no chance of making it in:

Shade the Changing Man
Starman
Death
Egg-Fu
Hellboy (as a guest character. Voiced by Ron Perlman, of course)

Ugh thanks for reminding me Orphan is a thing, Can we have Black Bat back please

She is the only thing i need.

36554509107249k65eof9y1p.jpg
Sorry but the avatar of the green is already going to be in the game.
latest

Gleethor

A few people on other forums are saying that Ed Boon confirmed a 28 character starting roster on one of the streams yesterday, but I'm not sure exactly where he said it.
Even if he didn't, the starting rosters for injustice 1 and MKX were both confirmed by their select screens. Shouldn't be any different here.

EulaCapra

This was my newcomer wishlist from another thread not taking into account of the starting roster size:

Heroes:
Black Canary
Doctor Fate (semi-confirmed)
Blue Beetle (confirmed)
Mera
Constantine (Twitter mention)
Power Girl (most likely Supergirl skin)
Starfire (Twitter mention)
Beast Boy
Static
Swamp Thing (Twitter mention)
Vixen
Batwoman
Katana

Villains:
Deadshot (confirmed)
Cheetah
Gorilla Grodd (confirmed)
Clayface
Poison Ivy
Black Manta (Twitter mention)
Brainiac
Livewire
Captain Boomerang
Doctor Light
Circe
Larfleeze
Terra

Actually I would love to see Darkseid as well. I actually enjoyed playing as him in MK vs DC. Although, he'll definitely play differently.

I'd also forgot to mention Etrigan, he'd be great to see.

JazzmanZ

So yeah, Boon really did say that the game will launch with about 28 characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GErdOMw_Xsg&t=9m55s

hmmm

1.Superman
2.Batman
3.Wonder woman
4.The Flash
5.Green lantern
6.Supergirl
7.Gorilla Grodd
8.Atrocious
9.Blue beetle
10.Harley quinn
11.Deadshot
12.Captain cold
13.Dr.Fate
14.Joker
15.Lex luthor
16.Aquaman
17.Jason Todd/Red Hood
18.Swamp thing
19.Constatine
20.Starfire
21.Black Manta
22.Captain Marvel/Shazam
23.Cyborg
24.Etrigan
25.Green Arrow
26.Darkseid
27.Martian Manhunter
28.Braniac

If they do, I hope they keep it consistent. It got a bit out of whack when they started adding DLC characters in the first one with heroes ending up on the villain side.

Drives me crazy.

they did end up with a even split in the end for the DLC characters

Khezu

Static Plzzzzzz.

These guys just need to take Raiden, edit/tweek his play style bit and boom EZ.

His lightning visual effects were pretty nice.

If Static happens, I think it would be DLC.
In like a second or third wave of DLC though.

28 is a good number IMO

But I don't think people will be too happy with 10 DLC chars

I would once it makes sense

MK9 - 4 DLC
Inj - 6 DLC
MKX - 8 DLC
Inj 2 -10 DLC???

He did say it will have more than MKX

DR2K

Banned
Hopefully Hawkgirl and Raven return. Also Zatanna. Hopefully everyone from the first one plus Beastboy, Star Fire, and Poison Ivy. Power Girl too. Fill it waifus basically and I'm good.

Khezu

Hopefully Hawkgirl and Raven return. Also Zatanna. Hopefully everyone from the first one plus Beastboy, Star Fire, and Poison Ivy. Power Girl too. Fill it waifus basically and I'm good.

Out of that list, the only one I see getting in is Star Fire.

And Power Girl via gear.

Hawkgirl should return though, she was a fun character.

DR2K

Banned
Out of that list, the only one I see getting in is Star Fire.

And Power Girl via gear.

Hawkgirl should return though, she was a fun character.

I think Ed Boom really liked Hawgirl, so I'm not worried about her inclusion all too much. Would like a game with all the cartoon Teen Titan characters.

J-Tier

I think Ed Boom really liked Hawgirl, so I'm not worried about her inclusion all too much. Would like a game with all the cartoon Teen Titan characters.
I'd like for them to update her moveset though. Her flying needed to be better integrated into her attacks. The flight trait was kinda dumb and disjointed.

Drayco21

That interview was brutal to watch. Especially when she asks why they chose DC instead of Marvel for a fighting game, lol.

Man, they used to make fun of how bad the European games press is at asking questions on Giant Bomb, but I never realized how cringey it could be until the handful of Gamescom interviews I've watched for this so far this year.

Soulstar

Two characters that would make me really happy would be Static or The Question(I'm fine with Vic Sage or Renee Montoya)

J-Tier

Animal Man is my impossible-tier desire after him.
I'd love Animal Man too, his New 52 series cemented him as one of my favorite characters. I feel like Vixen will probably fill that niche though. She has her animated series, showed up in Arrow, and will be a Legend of Tomorrow regular, so chances are much higher for her.

I only want the master of Thuganomics himself, John Cena.

WWE-Immortals-John-Cena.png

As I have stated before, there are extensive reasons to include this all american hero in the game. I expect Boon to make the right decision.

Honestly, doubt it'd ever happen, but if they somehow got a Marvel character in... I would lose my shit.

Which is why I'm specifically excited about guest characters, because they can get other comic book characters into the mix that'd fit.

The 50/50 bad good split must be gone.

Looking at any polls Boon puts up, villains rarely beat heroes. And the series is about heroes vs heroes anyways.

There's gotta like 1,2 maybe 3 more heroes than villains this time around

Sesha

If there's gonna be 28 characters sans DLC, I think the roster will look something like this:

Returning superheroes

Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
The Flash
Green Lantern
Aquaman
Cyborg
Captain Marvel/Shazam
Nightwing
Green Arrow
Hawkgirl
Martian Manhunter
Batgirl

Returning supervillains

Joker
Harley Quinn
Luthor
Deathstroke
Catwoman

Hero newcomers

Blue Beetle
Doctor Fate
Supergirl
Starfire
Swamp Thing

Villain newcomers

Atrocitus
Captain Cold
Deadshot
Gorilla Grodd
Red Hood

I don't see them doing the 50/50 split again. The iffiest parts are the villains and the DLC characters. I don't see DLC characters from 1 being DLC in 2, so some are definitely in.

Top Bottom