• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inside Xbox...is also happening on September 24th. Dun dun duuuuun!!!

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Apparently Microsoft is also going to be doing a presentation in their short form "Inside Xbox". Curious as to what GAF thinks they will present? The presentation would be slated very close to Sony's "State of Play".

My personal take is not to expect anything big, but I'm hoping we get some news on what the new studios are up to.

Thoughts?

Inside Xbox will surely be overshadowed. Nothing they have can compete with The Last of Us - Part II, not even Halo Infinite. Regardless I'm interested in seeing what they have planned.

Shagger

Banned
Microsoft to announce all xbox one consoles are £100 and xbox one x consoles are £200. Gamepass for a year is included.

vSLrLlq.gif

Animagic

Banned
I’m gonna go out on a limb guessing a new entry level S console bundle with a few months of gamepass included

Somoza

This must be on purpose.
I still keep hope for a late ff7 remake port for the one a few months after the ps4 version (the nextbox version is a given), But watch it be just some indie, dlc and gamepass announcements. A price drop of the alldigital version to arround 125-99 could be neat too. At least it will be a interesting next week i guess?

GV82

I suspect the event in London in November will be the big console announcements since they said everyone is travelling over to London including Major Nelson etc they were making out as if it was going to be a big show right?

Jtibh

Banned
I feel like at this point both sony and microsoft are doing a little pocky pocky tap tap on the back so we all dont fall in a deep coma from the lack luster year we had so far.
E3 a disaster. Gamescom not much better. Tokyo gameshow still relevant??
These nonsence shows are nothing more than life support for both companies since they cant figure out when and how to transition into the new gen .

Mass Shift

Just as I said in the Sony SoP thread. I can guarantee there will be HUGE disappointment after Inside Xbox.

Really guys, these are not the events for what we're all waiting for. Hype at your own risk.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I honestly don't really like either show. Nintendo really does things right. Less talk, more gameplay. Sony's last one was like 10 minutes and it felt like they shouldn't have bothered. Xbox's is always way too damn long. I think the sweet spot is 20-30 minutes. Seems Sony is aiming in the right direction. Let's hope Xbox doesn't give us a documentary.

Caffeine

I honestly don't really like either show. Nintendo really does things right. Less talk, more gameplay. Sony's last one was like 10 minutes and it felt like they shouldn't have bothered. Xbox's is always way too damn long. I think the sweet spot is 20-30 minutes. Seems Sony is aiming in the right direction. Let's hope Xbox doesn't give us a documentary.
ye xbox always adds in these short interviews that get no answers other than pr spin.

FranXico

If I have to choose between the two extremes, I prefer a short broadcast.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
ye xbox always adds in these short interviews that get no answers other than pr spin.
Yea Microsoft needs to lose the interviews of your own employees by your own employees in your own studio. I mean come on, how much more canned than this get without slapping a "chicken of the sea" label on it.

Just simply show us some tangible updates with Xcloud, some info on what the new studios are working on maybe have Phil give a quick intro and let that be that. All this pomp and circumstance isn't necessary.

Sony is not entirely innocent when it comes to the in house funhouse either. E3 2018 was a cringe infested example of this when they had 4 of their very own swooning over upcoming games while the E3 audience made the switcheroo to the new digs. For fuck sake can we get a flute player that's actually Japanese...instead of some guy who looks like they picked him up in a New York subway.

Sorry. Mini-rant over...

Top Bottom