• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insider-Gaming — Indiana Jones Game is Releasing in 2024

From which perspective will you be able to play the Indiana Jones Game?

• Total voters
Xbox has announced that the new Indiana Jones by ZeniMax Media will be released in 2024.

The announcement comes as part of the Xbox Developer Direct, which is scheduled to take place on January 17, 2024.

ZeniMax Media’s Indiana Jones was first teased in January 2021 but was believed to still be years away from an official release.
The developers, MachineGames, have previously developed Wolfenstein: The New Order and Wolfenstein 2: New Colossus.

Documents released as a part of Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision Blizzard King revealed that Bethesda once hoped to have the Indiana Jones game released by the end of FY22, but due to the consequences of COVID-19, that did not happen.
Whether or not MachineGames and Xbox can keep to the 2024 release date remains to be seen, but I for one am looking forward to what they show off on the game come January 18.

The Developer Direct will feature over 10 minutes of “game and developer insights” as well as information about the game’s story and the first official gameplay trailer.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
All games they showed at developer direct last year were the same year calendar releases.

Makes sense, especially if they're doing a 10 minute presentation. The game must be pretty far along.

Machine Games shipped their last full (new) game in 2019, they've been working on it for a while.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Doubt Reaction GIF

Darsxx82

That they are going to show gameplay in January and it being MachineGames.... The rumor seems to be very possible. In any case, on the 18th it is supposed to be known....

On the other hand, the unexpectedness of Indiana Jones already in January and with 10 minutes of information and gameplay suggests that they have enough things for the Summer Showcase. I hope PerfectDark, Gears, finally. That said, only with ABK they would have to complete a complete event 😅

Draugoth

Gold Member
Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I hope there are lots of puzzle and interesting lore. Since Indiana is also set in the WW2/Nazi period this is a good fit for the team.

I just hope the action and pew pew is kept to a minimum, I'd like to see more of an adventure.

Chukhopops

I’m kinda curious about it but after the last MachineGames Wolfenstein game I’m extremely worried about the story and characters. They are the last studio I would want to handle the character of Indiana Jones.

Please do not give Indiana Jones the Blazkowicz treatment, he is a power fantasy, he does not need an emotional or weak side, he does not need an internal monologue full of poetry. Let him be one-dimensional and cliché.

And please make a cool Nazi antagonist like Vogel instead of the clownish ones we had in TNC (ok this will probably never happen).

HL3.exe

Looking forward to it!

Couldn't care less about Indiana Jones, but I pretty much love everything from the starbreeze/Machine Games team out of Upsala Sweden.

Riddick, The Darkness, The Wolfenstein reboot. They don't ship a lot, but I appreciate their unique action adventure style. Like they are continuing the Half-Life style games with adventure elements.

Last edited:
Draugoth Draugoth

indiana jones gun GIF

Literally the first topic in the 'similar threads' category:

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
Draugoth Draugoth

indiana jones gun GIF

Literally the first topic in the 'similar threads' category:

Asked a while ago for the mods to merge, but they arent on :(

Darsxx82

I expect moments with a great sense of humor in the script...Especially in the encounters with the Nazis. MachineGames has always shined in that aspect.

This is absolutely first person. The studio have done nothing but as far as i can remember.
Problem with First-person is losing that iconic character on screen which is such a selling point. Obviously we've seen FP games with great traversal and hand to hand combat. Unless they have Indy shooting people most of the time I don't see how the films or the character lend themselves to that type of game?

clarky

Gold Member
Problem with First-person is losing that iconic character on screen which is such a selling point. Obviously we've seen FP games with great traversal and hand to hand combat. Unless they have Indy shooting people most of the time I don't see how the films or the character lend themselves to that type of game?
Im with you. I just see a studio that pretty much exclusively make first person games. Maybe(hopefully) they are branching out.

Top Bottom