• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insider Gaming: Respawn is Developing a First-Person Star Wars Mandalorian Game

Draugoth

Gold Member
star-wars-the-mandalorian-season-2-poster-4k_1615204931-2048x1152-1.jpg

Insider Gaming sources have revealed that Respawn Entertainment is developing a first-person Star Wars Mandalorian game that is in its early stages of development. According to sources, the game will see the player take control of a Mandalorian bounty hunter (unclear who) set during the time when the Galactic Empire is dominating across the galaxy. It’s your job, as a bounty hunter to capture bounties dead or alive for cash rewards.

blackjon24

I would be way more excited for republic commando 2 or something clone wars. I don't know why I don't get excited for modern star wars stuff

NickFire

They know FPS and bounty hunter fits well for the genre. This is interesting. I'll look forward to see how it comes out.

ManaByte

Gold Member

Stuart360

I'm not sure how making a Mandalorian game is 'making a game everyone wants with an iconic character'.

I mean i thought season 2 was some of the best TV in years, but Season 3 seems to of flopped in terms of forum talk, reaction vid views, etc.

Just give us an open world RPG set in the orig trilogy timeline.

MiguelItUp

Interesting, it was originally rumored to be a trooper game of some form for quite some time. I'm guessing if that was true they just decided to change it up. I guess it makes sense because of the success of the show, but I guess we'll see how it all pans out.

00_Zer0

With all those Mandalorian gadgets that Din Djarin can use, the Souped up N-1 Star Fighter at his disposal, and potentially Grogu as a Force wielding companion my imagination runs wild with what gameplay mechanics Respawn can come up with. I'm frothing at the mouth just thinking about it.

Banjo64

cumsessed
When I was a teenager I thought I wanted more Starwars. Now Disney have it I wish it’d go away. Utterly ruined franchise.

Only game I’d buy now would be a game in the vein of the original BF3 by Free Radical.

CamHostage

Weird, supposedly it's " A Mandalorian", not "The Mandalorian", as in no Baby Yoda sidekick. Not sure how that would stand out. Still, Respawn doing a Star Wars shooter is promising.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
It was just rushed and a terrible pc port.
I've said that without thinking about PC port issues.

It's just far worse game in terms of core design than the Fallen Order and lacks almost everything I liked about it the most - the sense of journey and discovery while exploring multiple planets with plenty of great locations and amazing design. I've played Fallen Order and finished it 2 times in a row, I've played Jedi Survivor for almost 30 hours and decided to quit and never touch it again cuz I just don't like almost everything about this game.

Last edited:

Roberts

Might be neat. Zero interest in Mandalorian. Sci-fi single player Respawn game though sounds good.
Yeah, even though I enjoyed Rogue One and Last Jedi, as much as it pains me to say it, the whole Disney Star Wars stuff bores me to tears (I've tried to watch them all), but I have a lot of trust in these guys to deliver a good game. Titanfall 2 was fantastic.

HL3.exe

Finally, Prey 2 is almost here... but rebranded with a star wars skin. Don't care about Star Wars but a (let's hope ) systemic bounty hunter game, actually build around this core gameloop, instead of bounty hunting being merely side content? But I'll take it.

Last edited:

intbal

It's set during the GCW.
I don't even know what that is.
I quit Star Wars movies in 1983.
And I've never seen any of the tv/streaming stuff. Although it's hard not to be aware of it.

Star Wars games is the only Star Wars content I have any interest in.

Now this is what I wanted, not that awful looking Outlaws game.

Where is the power fantasy in being a bitch-ass smuggler who isn't Han or Dash?

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Should be 3rd person. But I'm excited to see what they do with it. My hype would have been off-the-charts if it were an open-world 3rd person Mandalorian action-adventure RPG.

Top Bottom