• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insider Gaming: Respawn is Developing a First-Person Star Wars Mandalorian Game

Alec Baldwin No GIF by Crave

Fucking Star Wars, man. More Titanfall, please.

Reactions: Fbh

CamHostage

Such a popular and iconic character as The Mandalorian in a game where you only see his hands?

Again, it's "a Mandalorian bounty hunter (unclear who)", not the Mandalorian. Not necessarily Din Djarin, and if it was, it'd be before Grogu.

It'd mostly be a game about the weapons and mechanics rather than the character-based storytelling (although it's Star Wars, I'm sure the story will be have plenty of runway.)

Dazraell

Rumors are this game is supposed to be story-driven and inspired by older Dark Forces games which is really interesting. That said, I don't think it's The Mandalorian tie-in, but just a game about bounty hunter who is also a Mandalorian. Kinda like we had Cal Kestis as a Jedi instead of making a game about Ahsoka or any other known Jedi survivor, or the rogue lady from Star Wars Outlaws and not a Han Solo game

Last edited:

Laptop1991

I hope it's like the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series, but with modern graphics it's been too long since a first person Star Wars game, still the best SW series for me.

FlyyGOD

It's first person just like Indiana Jones.I wonder how many gamers are going to suffer from motion sickness when they play it?

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
No, this what was said we people saw Indiana Jones on the delvopers direct. People said it would cause them motion sickness because it was 1st person.

Eh.....sounds like a comment someone may have said about their issue wiht first person games in general. Show me which thread you are talking about.

Last edited:

FlyyGOD

Eh.....sounds like a comment someone may have said about their issue wiht first person games in general. Show me which thread you are talking about.

Topher

Gold Member

As I thought.....one guy made a general comment about people not liking FPS and he was being sarcastic.. Two others made comments in that regard. So no, this was not what "people" were saying about Indiana Jones.

I have never seen so many people get upset over this. You would think 95% of the world’s population get motion sickness from FPS games.

This was the smart choice, if it was third person it would have been compared to uncharted and tomb raider reboot (which is already unfairly compared to uncharted)

Follow ups:

Thoughts and prayers to all the people suffering from Sudden Onset Motion Sickness.
Dude I love the old starbreeze games (Riddick and The Darkness) their actions adventure mix and pacing is special.

So i'm glad they're still sticking to their roots. Also love the focus on First person. Way more immersive looking at the world, instead of puppeteering some character. Love first person for small stuff like seeing your shadow projected when walking by a light or satisfying weapon feel and reload animations.

Hope it's VR injection compatible.

I'm not getting the whole shitting on 'First Person perspective' the last couple of years. Apart from the motion sickness argument, but that can be mitigated pretty good with FOV styles. I personally love the rise of First Person developed adventure games. Looking forward to Bloodlines 2 or STALKER 2 for the same reason.

WitchHunter

Banned
Might be neat. Zero interest in Mandalorian. Sci-fi single player Respawn game though sounds good.
They always wanted to make a scifi game, that's why they left Activision back then. But not another fucking Star Wars game for fucks sake. Jesus, looks like they still have the EA leash plus collar.

Hudo

At this point I am convinced that they'd develop a My Little Pony game if it meant avoiding Titanfall 3.

Mobilemofo

Man, no more star wars bollocks please. Pack it in, and get on with Titanfall 3. How many fuckin mid star wars games do we need..

Mr Hyde

Stig has left the building and Mandalorian canceled. Not looking good for future Star Wars properties from EA.

Top Bottom