• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insider Gaming: Ubisoft Currently Has 11 Assassin's Creed Games Planned

EDMIX

Likely, but that sounds like how they've planned the series before. So saying "all in" make it seem as if they were not before or something.

Mobile versions
some VR thing
remasters and remakes
the RPG ones
Now likely continuing the old school AC concept with Mirage type releases

The rest of the list seems to exaggerate a bit, so this whole (being discussed internally) or (just greenlit) etc would be like saying Bethesda has 8 games planned, then be like Elder Scrolls discussed, Fallout 5 just greenlit, they thought about ESO2, planning Fallout 77, Fallout 1 remake was thought about, Fallout 3 remake along with New Vegas remake, Oblivion remake and by that, I mean Skyrim again lol

You get the point.

I'm sure many publishers have shit planned for some time, they might merely not be as transparent about the future of some of those releases, so I don't really know yet if this is any more AC titles then before, this just sounds like about how much they released last gen.

Its not like after AC Unity released, we got a road map saying shit like Syndicate, Origins, Odyssey, Valhalla, AC Memories, AC Chronicles, AC Identity, Arno's Chronicles, The Tower: AC, AC Rebellion, AC Bloodsail, AC Alliance etc.
Yet all that shit clearly was being made, talked about, planned etc.

So......with all due respect, with all the shit some of you talk about Jason Schreier, at least dig around, look into the context of this and compare it to what was released prior before trying to make some sensationalist assumption or narrative out of this. I'd argue this is as bad as the shit Jason does looking to fucking exaggerate anything to try to force some narrative for clicks or something.

^ if anyone is interested in all the past AC titles that released, you know...sources cited =)

EDMIX

This is how I imagine they greet new hires at Ubisoft today:

“Welcome to the Assassins Creed factory.. Uh, I mean family.”

lol well at this point the IP is like Mario to them.

It can be any genre, timeline, settings, on many platforms etc. With how open the IP is this makes sense, it would be like saying Nintendo is a Mario Factory as if they have an ode to not sell games with Mario in it or something lol

Ubisoft in their minds be like:
behold k-pop GIF

They weren't kidding when they said they'd go all-in with their AC output.

All these Ass games and they should've made the game about Haytham Kenway to a full Templar experience instead of Rogue a-la Black Flag-lite.

Robb

Gold Member
It can be any genre
Can it though? Assassins Creed: Golf doesn’t sound very intriguing.

I’d be surprised if 9 of these 11 games aren’t just the regular open world formula in a different region.

EDMIX

Can it though?

Yes.

My issue here is, you choose not to use any imagination and just decided it would just use the same formula.

Mario's main genre might be platformers, but we've seen kart games, rpgs, party games etc all sorts of shit..

It would be like someone saying "I’d be surprised if 9 of these 11 games aren’t just the regular platformer formula in a different region"

Yet clearly, that isn't the case with Mario.

So that has more to do with not really getting that not only can Ubisoft do this, they already fucking have, we are not talking about a what if type thing.

So if what they've done in the past is anything to go back, they very much can do anything with that IP if they felt just. I'm not arguing its going to be great btw, I'm saying nothing is stopping them from actually doing a bunch of different genres, concepts etc as they already have started doing that to really question this.

Anyone thinking that list OP has will just be open world AC stuff is going to be greatly disappointed, I don't see anything even remotely that suggest that tbh. Look at their history vs assumptions. A lot of this thread is sensationalist assumptions when you literally have a whole guide and blueprint showing you Ubisoft did this before, this isn't new and this isn't any more "all in" then what they've done in the past if anyone actually REALLY reads and looks hard enough at all the past releases.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
So that has more to do with not really getting that not only can Ubisoft do this, they already fucking have, we are not talking about a what if type thing.
That’s fair but are any of these spin-off endeavors successful though? That’s kind of the measuring stick if they really ‘can’ do it. Otherwise they couldn’t and have already failed.

Strider311

Why couldn’t they milk a franchise I love to death instead? I’d gladly take an endless supply of Splinter Cell games. What is this horseshit?

Phase

Right pathetic for continuing a successful franchise and employing 100s of talented devs and they all deserve to lose jobs because of your entitled bullshit of an opinion.
Hilarious, man. Keep supporting the death of creativity.

StereoVsn

I am looking forward to Red since that's losing all the modern trapping and will be continuation of Origins and Odyssey from gameplay and storytelling perspective, hopefully improving on that.

Assassins in pre restoration Japan is a great setting.

EDMIX

That’s fair but are any of these spin-off endeavors successful though? That’s kind of the measuring stick if they really ‘can’ do it. Otherwise they couldn’t and have already failed.

Sure, but I'm not debating any of that.

Merely stating they have done this before, thus would do it again. Even to debate the sales seems moot, as clearly they found some measure of success with those smaller titles if they are still doing them. Something like Assassin’s Creed Rebellion on mobile moved well over 10 plus million units, so it has some market on mobile for them to keep doing it.

So I'm not saying to like it, I'm not saying to play it, shit I don't play any of those games on mobile, but my point is someone does and enough do for them to move millions of downloads to keep doing it with other AC titles.

Sybrix

Tears of the Kingdom is such a huge breath of fresh air, especially when you read this crap.

11 AC games isnt equal to one tenth of BOTW or TOTK.

Top Bottom