• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insomniac Games open to making Sunset Overdrive 2 if given the opportunity

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Replaying from scratch
you have to delete your save to do this!?
and I love it so so so much. Still the best new ip this gen, still one of my favorites ever. It's so unique, fresh, original, and just fun anarchist punk

We need a sequel. Pls

Edit, neogaf lied. Male voice actor > female

Maybe I didn't play enough and didn't watch my friends play enough but I'd rather something else new.

The gameplay was fine even if it was basically energy drink R&C but the style was so offputting.

op_ivy

Maybe I didn't play enough and didn't watch my friends play enough but I'd rather something else new.

The gameplay was fine even if it was basically energy drink R&C but the style was so offputting.

Ypu are clearly not alone, but i loved it. Totally over the top and tongue in cheek. Wouldnt change a thing.

Fml Ivy! I glanced at the thread title and read "Insomniac," "making" and "Sunset Overdrive 2" and started freaking out before I realized it was an old bump...

Also, while you are at it Insomniac, bring the original to PC as well as 2!

Please for the love of god and Jesus make sunset overdrive 2. I almost have everything collected in the first one. Such a wonderful fun game!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
It'd be so awesome if they did. Sunset Overdrive is one of the best new IPs this gen.

Hopefully MS gets Sakaguci involved in a title as well. I'm sure MS has a lot of titles they've been holding close to their chest till E3.

as long as we get another neogaf shout out, I'm in

Loved the game. The most off putting thing though was seeing the guys in the thread just having their female character essentially in her underwear running around.

op_ivy

Fml Ivy! I glanced at the thread title and read "Insomniac," "making" and "Sunset Overdrive 2" and started freaking out before I realized it was an old bump...

Also, while you are at it Insomniac, bring the original to PC as well as 2!

Sorry. I just, finally, got an external hdd and have been revjsiting gems. This thread seemed like the best to bump. Phil needs to believe.

Fuchsdh

as long as we get another neogaf shout out, I'm in

Loved the game. The most off putting thing though was seeing the guys in the thread just having their female character essentially in her underwear running around.

For a while I was running my male guy basically around in his skivvies and the most ridiculous props/headgear I could find. When I went female I classed her up considerably :p

The fact that you could change everything about your character at any point in the game was one of the small things I really loved about the game. No bringing the game to a standstill for twenty minutes while you try and painstakingly figure out what your character will look like.

And yeah, I'd be there day-one with my $60 if they made a sequel.

Microsoft helping make this happen would go a long way towards proving they understand they need a diverse portfolio of games in order to continue to compete.

They will not do so, of course.

jmartoine

Finally got around to playing the DLC today and loved it. There needs to be a Sunset Overdrive 2, whether it was on Xbox or multiplatform!

Gator86

Can we stop bumping this thread? Every time I see it on the first page my heart breaks all over again. We need a SO2.

It was honestly a mediocre game that I feel gets a lot of love because because it's one of the freshest experiences on the console. I loved the weapons, but couldn't stand the aesthetics and comedy. It was also repetitive. Just not for me. I'd rather insomniac do something else.

Glad others enjoyed it though.

Deepo

Replaying from scratch
you have to delete your save to do this!?
and I love it so so so much.

This is so incredibly stupid. I want to replay the campaign, but I don't want to lose my upgrades. I know you can replay individual missions, but the list isn't even ordered chronologically.

That said, a sequel would be ace. Scorpio patch would also be very welcome!

pswii60

Game sold terribly. This will never, ever happen. No mass appeal.

We do live in a world where Nier: Automata and Gravity Rush 2 is happening, so you never know. And I would say "but Microsoft", but even Phantom Dust and Voodoo Vince Remaster is happening.

JP

I don't know what I'd think about ta sequel, I bought the Sunset Overdrive console and it really was this game that persuaded me to buy an Xbox One but I'be hardly played the game sue to find it boring me after a couple of hours or so.

I'd maybe be interested if they kept the look of the game but went back and completely reworked the rest of it as I still think the franchise has potential.

Raide

Scorpio launch would be awesome. The first game already looked amazing, so a Scorpio version would be a logical choice.

arigato

I played around 3hrs of the original at a friend's house and I'm hoping MS and Insomniac can come together and put it on PC.
I know, porting the game to PC or PS4 seems like the most obvious choice moving forward. The PC port having very good sales could lead to a sequel.

Found the game incredibly boring, was so excited before launch, but it just didn't click. Wouldn't mind them getting another shot though and I would definitely try it.

Sydle

I don't know what I'd think about ta sequel, I bought the Sunset Overdrive console and it really was this game that persuaded me to buy an Xbox One but I'be hardly played the game sue to find it boring me after a couple of hours or so.

I'd maybe be interested if they kept the look of the game but went back and completely reworked the rest of it as I still think the franchise has potential.

Did you get the air dash? I felt same as you and then I got the air dash. Found it hard to put down after that and ended up putting 50 hours on the game until I collected everything, still craving more to this day.

Salty Hippo

We do live in a world where Nier: Automata and Gravity Rush 2 is happening, so you never know. And I would say "but Microsoft", but even Phantom Dust and Voodoo Vince Remaster is happening.

Are you really comparing the budget between Og Xbox remasters and a AAA sequel?

It won't happen with Microsoft. Read the latest tweets from Phil Spencer, he basically turned down everyone's requests for sequels of early Xbox One games and said he wants to create market "growth" with new stuff. I don't blame him in the specific case of Sunset and Ryse, Microsoft doesn't own those IPs and it would be stupid to fund/nurture sequels of games that both didn't sell and that they don't own.

I really enjoyed Sunset Overdrive, and would gladly play a sequel.

I did my part, I quoted the Insomniac tweet, and tweeted it to Phil and Shannon Loftis.

Are you really comparing the budget between Og Xbox remasters and a AAA sequel?

It won't happen with Microsoft. Read the latest tweets from Phil Spencer, he basically turned down everyone's requests for sequels of early Xbox One games and said he wants to create market "growth" with new stuff. I don't blame him in the specific case of Sunset and Ryse, Microsoft doesn't own those IPs and it would be stupid to fund/nurture sequels of games that both didn't sell and that they don't own.

They do seem to want to own IPs now. They would not make a Ryse sequel without owning it.

Falchion

Sunset Overdrive is the most pure fun and joy I've had all generation, it was fantastic and I really hope we get another.

Donos

A studio like Insomniac has probably a bunch of really interesting and awesome ideas in the drawer. Would rather see them try something else but nobody is going to fund something like that...
Would have preferred a huge success with SO. Don't want this studio ever to vanish.

EmiPrime

Did you get the air dash? I felt same as you and then I got the air dash. Found it hard to put down after that and ended up putting 50 hours on the game until I collected everything, still craving more to this day.

If we get a sequel I expect air dash to be available from the start with maybe a 4th wall breaking comment about it.

Blueblur1

I would welcome a sequel as long as the writing and characters are much much much much better than in the original. A slightly more varied world would be fantastic as well.

A studio like Insomniac has probably a bunch of really interesting and awesome ideas in the drawer. Would rather see them try something else but nobody is going to fund something like that...
Would have preferred a huge success with SO. Don't want this studio ever to vanish.

Insomniac isn't going any where. They just had their best R&C release ever and I think Spider-Man will elevate them to a new tier as far as recognized developers.

Sign me up for a day-one copy when it happens, the original was fantastic. I loved the female character's voice, hope they bring her back.

sirronoh

True, though there's one obvious difference between the games you listed and Sunset Overdrive.

Would love to play SO if it came to PC. Don't currently have an Xbox One.

Top Bottom