• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insurgency: Sandstorm for PS4 and Xbox One launches August 25

Mista

Banned

The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of Insurgency: Sandstorm will launch on August 25, publisher Focus Home Interactive and developer New World Interactive announced.

The tactical first-person shooter first launched for PC via Steam in December 2018.

Here is an overview of the game, via Focus Home Interactive:
With over one million players in the game’s first year on PC, the award-winning tactical shooter Insurgency: Sandstorm is renowned for its realistic depiction of modern warfare focusing on lethal close-quarters combat, objective-oriented multiplayer and cooperative gameplay.

Insurgency: Sandstorm invites console players to prepare for a hardcore depiction of combat with deadly ballistics, destructive artillery, and unprecedented audio design that puts the fear back into the genre. Death comes fast, ammunition must be carefully managed, and the environment must be tactically navigated at every step towards victory.
Gematsu

Cobaiye

This game has the most satisfying gunplay ever. Bullets are lethal as they should be making the TTK very low. So good !

TheUsual

Gold Member
Game also runs like shit on 4 core CPUs. My uncles i7 laptop only has 4 cores but a egpu 1080 and it barely gets over 40fps in firefights.
They recommend the game on an SSD as well IIRC from the Steam page.
This gonna run like trash on PS4 and XB1???

GHG

Game also runs like shit on 4 core CPUs. My uncles i7 laptop only has 4 cores but a egpu 1080 and it barely gets over 40fps in firefights.

Yep, all round the game needs attention on the optimisation side of things.

It was a massive shock for most people coming from the original insurgency which runs like butter.

kingbean

Nah, that is my laptop specs. Try installing the Intel Driver manager and making sure your drivers are all up-to-date. I did that and everything just runs so buttery smooth now. I even play CoD MW on it @ 100+ FPS.

It's an ultra book. I think it actually might be a dual core/4 threads cpu.

Connxtion

There’s a beta for this on Xbox, maybe PS as well. Anyone else get in? Downloading now.
How do you get in the beta? I have been waiting years for this game now 😂

just signed up for the beta on there site. Let’s hope I get in the next beta.

Last edited:
Top Bottom