• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intelligence Season 1 |OT| The Bomberman Zero of Chucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the pilot episode, but did I miss something or we never saw how the guy got the chip in his brain?

What is the story of Josh Holloway's character?

Why was he chosen for the experiment?

For how long does he have this technology in him?

When was is created?

What happened after the scene where he jumped off a cliff to fall into a river?

And so many more question just like that...

It did not feel like a real pilot episode of a new show, it looked more like a normal episode from a show that I missed the first couple episodes.

I think the pilot should have needed another pilot attached to it.

MartyStu

I think the intent is to drop us in medias res and fill us in later. Usually allows for more organic exposition spread over multiple myth arcs.

Think Person of Interest. Except incompetently done.

trinest

Such a horrible pilot, so many things technically wise just seem out of place. As in why can this dude zoom in on a sniper rifle then see what it sees or something to that effect, the whole thing reaks of "YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BE COOL" and trying to do whatever comes to their head instead of making some coherent setup to what the device inside this dudes head can do.

Will watch a few more episodes but if it doesn't improve I'll abandon it.

I was hoping they would save that for at least a mid-season cliffhanger or something..... I like it, but it feels like they are shooting their load too soon.

Well... I guess we are in for a short run:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/01/14/intelligence-ratings-plummets/

The ratings for CBS’ Intelligence plummeted to idiotic numbers.

Making its time period premiere vs. NBC’s The Blacklist on Monday night, the Josh Holloway series fell 54 percent from last week’s preview episode to 6.1 million viewers and a slight 1.1 rating among adults 18-49. Some drop-off was expected given that the Intelligence preview on Tuesday was aided by a big NCIS lead-in, but sadly the new show is already at Hostages levels in this slot.

Have to catch episode two later... but...

End of pilot left a plot hole, right?
Main chuck guy gets free and starts takin' out baddies. Scientist helps out. But after all the action, how did the future opposing agent with the other chip in her head get away unconscious? Unless the doctor peeps rolled her away as fast as possible. But wouldn't main chuck guy be all like, "what the hell?" I don't really understand. Help me.

Sean

Banned
Liked the first episode but hated the 2nd,
I think im out.

Way to go blowing the one decent serial plot point in the 2nd episode.

Just watched the episode and had the same thoughts. The wife storyline was the only semi-interesting thing about the pilot. It's like the writers suddenly remembered the two leads are going to hook up, so rushed to get rid of Gabriel's wife out of the picture ASAP. Meh.

You know, I was thinking, "Why introduce that the wife is alive in the first episode? That's more suited to end-of-season cliffhanger." I'm almost glad they killed that so quickly.

Deadly

Have to catch episode two later... but...

End of pilot left a plot hole, right?
Main chuck guy gets free and starts takin' out baddies. Scientist helps out. But after all the action, how did the future opposing agent with the other chip in her head get away unconscious? Unless the doctor peeps rolled her away as fast as possible. But wouldn't main chuck guy be all like, "what the hell?" I don't really understand. Help me.
I'm guessing that after he dealt with the bad guy he went back for his bodyguard and during this time they managed to escape.

So CBS does not want anyone to watch jis show? Not on their app and you cant even download it on iTunes. Thank you CBS.

Meghan Ory looks a lot better in this show than as Ruby in Once.

Wow terrible episode. Why didn't he just shoot her when he entered the room? Previously unknown vulnerability bullshit?

El
Oh
Fucking
El

Couldn't help but think that Jack Bauer or Reddington would have had that chick dead on the floor and her fat computer geek too.

Deadly

Can anyone help me to know what I missed:

What kind of files they deleted to make the girl go away?
They just deleted the Clockwork files. I'm guessing they inserted the virus then she goes 'oh wtf is happenning', has a meltdown, and she disappears to deal with her own shit.

http://io9.com/dont-get-too-attached-to-intelligence-1509633823

Television shows often seem to experience huge ratings drop-offs after their first episodes. But even so, this is really something. Intelligence went from 16.6 million viewers in its first week to 6.1 million in its second.

Some of this drop-off is due to CBS moving Intelligence from Tuesday night, right before Person of Interest, to its regular Monday night slot, facing stiffer competition, for its second episode. But the show also followed a pattern that should be familiar from shows like Bionic Woman, Flashforward, V and countless other genre dramas: a huge first episode, followed by a steep drop. It's not too different from the way a science fiction movie will lose 50 percent of its audience after the opening weekend — but it's a bigger problem for TV shows, which have to hook people week in and week out.

Last week, TV By the Ratings moved Intelligence to its "certain to be cancelled" column — right before the ratings for the show's third episode came in, and showed another drop-off. Oh well. Let's hope tonight's episode shows a bit of a turnaround. No matter what happens, CBS is apparently committed to showing the whole first season of 13 episodes.

How cany any of the people with Nielsen boxes that missed the first episode possibly tune in when it isn't on iTunes, Hulu or theirmown CBS app? Smart thinking.

Deadly

Interesting where they're leading the show. Go rogue scenario is always cool. Too bad it's likely to be cancelled though.

Vert boil

Get a leash on your lion dad!
Hakuna Matata.

The grenade scene was delightful. Only Android Cop abuses slow-mo more than that.

The latest episode had some terrible writing. The "hakuna matata" joke was especially cringeworthy. I liked to see Catherine, not her name in the show but she's basically the same character from CSI,
go rogue and kill the government asset/drug lord.

Also, Riley is ungodly hot, but not the most convincing actress.
I'll live if this show gets the ax.

Apoc29

Nice subtle product placement there. "Let me check my top secret database on WINDOWS 8!"

This was probably the best episode so far, which is not saying a whole lot. The cyber-rendering bullshit is just way too magical for this universe.

Ricker

No chemistry between the 2 main protagonist,unlike shows like Castle,Bones,Elementary, etc etc...average so far.

How's the ratings so far?

I haven't tuned in last couple of weeks. Don't want to get invested if it gets canceled. Also, got lots to watch already.

How's the ratings so far?

I haven't tuned in last couple of weeks. Don't want to get invested if it gets canceled. Also, got lots to watch already.
Strong debut, but it really dropped at the second and third episode. It seems to rise a little bit since after that with the fourth and fifth episode.

xtx1htT.png

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/intelligence-tv-show-season-one-ratings-31137/

zroid

Banned
oh wow that title :lol

I'm still watching this show even though it's pretty bad :(

Hoping it will improve because I like the Chuck-ish premise

Fergie

Banned
The chemistry isn't that great and it's ruining it a bit. I like the overall premise. That's it.

Last post was 11th of Feb, says it all really.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
The chemistry isn't that great and it's ruining it a bit. I like the overall premise. That's it.

Last post was 11th of Feb, says it all really.

Pretty much. I think it's pretty awful, and to top it off they went with the incredibly cliched and expected amnesia angle. Gah. I only watched the latest episode cause a college buddy guest starred (as the agent who hit on the secret service chick).

Mugiwara

Neo Member
I keep watching and thinking it's going to get better, but it's clearly not. The writing is pretty bland and the plots are formulaic. It's a shame cause I think Josh Holloway could be a major draw on the right show, but this just isn't a good show.

I'm committed to see the season through but I doubt I'll watch if they get a 2nd season

So to people who watched this to the end what do you think? Worth a second season?

Also this show is absolutely nothing like Chuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom