• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Interpret, a 6 month old company??

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
NG_Kris said:
The former president of SCEE isn't "a senior member" of Interpret. He's a board member of IGA worldwide, an in-game ad company. The person you're referring to, Chris Deering, is one of the most respected people in the industry. He's also on the board of RedOctane and Codemasters, and is also the chairman of the Edinburgh Interactive Entertainment festival. You're confused about his involvement because the GameDaily article you linked to had interviews with both Interpret and IGA, two companies with different services.

You also make it sound like Interpret's an in-game ad provider such as Massive, Double Fusion or IGA when it's not. Interpret's actually a company that's very interested in tracking in-game ads across all platforms and in-game ad companies. The Gamemeasure service you mention is NOTHING like what IGA, Massive or Double Fusion provide. Gamemeasure is a game data tracking service to help marketers make better decisions about in-game ad placements and other related issues, not an ad provider service.

All this info is pretty clear in the links that you referenced...

[owned] thread [/owned]

snatches

NG_Kris said:
Well color me surprised.
Interpret has signed a deal with IGA Worldwide, one of a handful of companies which have entered the in-game advertising space in recent years, to measure the performance of games within its portfolio.

They have a deal in place with a direct MS Massive competitor. Why is the conspiracy so hard to believe. I am missing the "owned" here. keep arguing with me please.

snatches said:
So you don't have any problem with the fact that the company in questions main revenue stream comes from a business that is in direct competition with MS?

You don't think that might have made them skew the survey to promote companies that they can be in business with?

The point you are ignoring is that Interpret serves clients who aren't console specific. Lying to these clients who are paying for accuracy would doom them as a company.

snatches said:
Just because it isn't there only business does not mean that they don't want their MS owned competition to fail.

This factoid should blow your conspiracy-filled mind, snatches: One of Interpret's larger business partners is Double Fusion, which uses Gameasure's data in their research for clients as well.

There is simply too much potential money to be made in in-game advertising for these companies to risk losing it all by playing fast and lose with numbers for no comparative gain.

snatches said:
There have been much less obvious conspiracy theories brought to GAF's attention on these boards.

Since I'm new here, I still remember the first thread I ever read on Neogaf. It was one of yours. Something about your friend at Destination Playstation. Sound familiar?

I learned then not to believe everything I read on Neogaf. Thanks.

NG_Kris

snatches said:
They have a deal in place with a direct MS Massive competitor. Why is the conspiracy so hard to believe. I am missing the "owned" here. keep arguing with me please.

I've pretty much said everything I want to. I appreciate the gauntlet throw-down, but I'm tired of this argument. It's like a new nerdier version of Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, trying make this link between these companies

It was fun, but I'm done... no hard feelings!

snatches

NG_Kris said:
I've pretty much said everything I want to. I appreciate the gauntlet throw-down, but I'm tired of this argument. It's like a new nerdier version of Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon trying make this link between these companies

It was fun, but I'm done... no hard feelings!

It seems to me there are three major players in in game ads:

Double Fusion: signed deal with interpret
IGA: signed deal with interpret
Massive: no deal in place, owned wholly by MS

This is no "six degrees". They want a deal with MS and Massive to be the sole source of these metrics for the entire industry, a monopoly on the whole market.

Look at Immersion tech. They take every opportunity to smear the one out of three viable partners that seems not interested in licensing their tech and making them rich. Remember their POLL?!?!?!

I fail to see how you cannot see a potential conflict of interest here.

snatches

Pristine_Condition said:
FUDFUDFUDFUD

Firstly, your last comment is a cheap shot and totally without merit. In February of this year, Warhawk didn't look so hot. Sorry if you (and others) cried when you read those impressions.

And second, no one could say they are "lying". As was pointed out in the other thread by people that actually do market research as a profession, poll results can be shaped easily by the phrasing of questions and other methods.

NG_Kris

snatches said:
It seems to me there are three major players in in game ads:

Double Fusion: signed deal with interpret
IGA: signed deal with interpret
Massive: no deal in place, owned wholly by MS

This is no "six degrees". They want a deal with MS and Massive to be the sole source of these metrics for the entire industry, a monopoly on the whole market.

Look at Immersion tech. They take every opportunity to smear the one out of three viable partners that seems not interested in licensing their tech and making them rich.

I fail to see how you cannot see a potential conflict of interest here.

You win. Interpret and the evil IGA board member/former SCEE prez Chris Deering purposefully skewed the poll so Coca Cola would buy ads on PS3 instead of Xbox 360. Sony, IGA and Interpret's master plan will bring Microsoft, Massive and the pitiful Xbox 360 to their knees!

Interpret's Gameasure will rule all!

snatches said:
Firstly, your last comment is a cheap shot and totally without merit. In February of this year, Warhawk didn't look so hot. Sorry if you (and others) cried when you read those impressions.

Well, since it wasn't actually at that show, those "impressions" left something to be desired, certainly. Which was kind of the point.

snatches said:
And second, no one could say they are "lying". As was pointed out in the other thread by people that actually do market research as a profession, poll results can be shaped easily by the phrasing of questions and other methods.

But again, their clients, (the people paying for the survey) are in the business of making money on all the platforms, and require accurate information. If one of them found out that they couldn't charge as much for ads as they wanted to on the X360 version of a game because their research firm was giving them innaccurate information, well, Interpret would be blacklisted from the industry they've been trying so hard to get a foothold in.

The motive for decieving their clients just doesn't hold up. Sorry.

One can practically taste the tears of snatches and viggo's tears of rage at the results of this poll/study/whatever. Let it go guys, go back to praising Gears of War of whatever.

snatches said:
Gameasure is Interpret! HELLLLOOOOOO!

Press release supplied by Games Press 18:19 26/09/2006

SAN FRANCISCO - Sept. 26, 2006 - Leading independent in-game advertising company Double Fusion will begin implementing research and measurement solutions developed by Interpret LLC, a global research consultancy focused on new media.

Double Fusion will provide its advertisers custom studies that will deliver quantitative and qualitative results for individual sold ad campaigns. In addition, Double Fusion will use the Gameasure service to keep a real-time pulse on the market, and to validate the audience reach and composition of their games portfolio. Game publishers will benefit by gaining knowledge to increase the ad value of their franchises going forward.

"We look forward to providing our clients with measurable performance and engagement metrics on their in-game campaigns," said Dario Raciti, head of entertainment, OMD. "Deep qualitative and quantitative analysis is invaluable as we work together to shape this new medium."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=19977

You're right. I'm confused with all the conspiracy talk.

What I meant is that Double Fusion remains independent. Their partnership with Interpret is simply to use their data, which they must rely on for accuracy.

Logan Cano said:
One can practically taste the tears of snatches and viggo's tears of rage at the results of this poll/study/whatever. Let it go guys, go back to praising Gears of War of whatever.

Man you're really adding to this thread. I mean that seriously, as in it's already a pile of shit and you're there at the end pants down putting your own crap in.

Vigo, you are a REAL journalist! Seriously, its about time someone in the games industry did some work for once. Yeah, 1UP I'm talking to you! :)
Pristine_Condition said:
The motive for decieving their clients just doesn't hold up. Sorry.
Statistical analysis and polling companies routinely 'skew' information to suit their client's needs. Often clients want data to shore up investor worries or even support new initiatives. These aren't lies per se, but they also aren't entirely truthful. Data can be manipulated to say whatever anyone wants it to, within a certain range of believability.

I have serious problems with the data 'revealed' in this poll as it seems extremely counter-logical to my own experiences and what the industry has been saying. Vigo's points are not 'conspiracy theories' but an effort to examine the people who put out what seems to be biased data. I applaud him for it.

Anyone who doesn't believe poll and data skewing is routinely released clearly isn't experienced in business.

BTW - If Microsoft had released the same poll, I would also be suspect. This isn't about Sony bashing, its about looking into data that doesn't make sense.

kiUNiT

Is this thread the real reason Vigo the Great was banned? Sony owns GAFs banhammer, you don't question the SONY

Top Bottom