• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Interview: Vanillaware

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
https://www.siliconera.com/interview-vanillaware-talks-grimgrimoire-13-sentinels-future-games/

Could we see a return to other Vanillaware games and further re-releases? Could Kumatanchi or Grand Knights History make a comeback?

Kamitani:
Kumatanchi! That’s a great idea! (laughs)

As for Grand Knights History, we may or may not be working on a similar yet totally different project.
78d1142284d8788ba1786989b82d6089.gif

I’d like to port something like Muramasa, but there are certain complications there.
please-please-begging.gif

ACESHIGH

Banned
C'mon .... the small team excuse, I mean.... Indie devs port their games to every platform under the sun.

You want to hear the truth: they are japanese. Look how long it took them to realize that PC was a viable market. Vanilla ware are just incredibly stubborn or clueless.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

C'mon .... the small team excuse, I mean.... Indie devs port their games to every platform under the sun.

You want to hear the truth: they are japanese. Look how long it took them to realize that PC was a viable market. Vanilla ware are just incredibly stubborn or clueless.
Exactly. Just like Capcom underestimated the West's thirst for Monster Hunter, VW underestimates how much Steam/X-Box users would like to play Dragon's Crown, Odin's Sphere, Muramasa, etc.

Graciaus

That excuse has never worked. Japanese developers had been making visual novels exclusively for PC for decades which is even more niche. There has always been a market.

radewagon

They make super niche Japanese games. They are on the right platforms (PS and Switch) already.

13 Sentinels was one of the most amazing games I've played in a decade.
Everything about that game except the gameplay interests me. So, alas, I will continue to skip it.

That excuse has never worked. Japanese developers had been making visual novels exclusively for PC for decades which is even more niche. There has always been a market.
Bro the PC VN market is so dead that Tsukihime remake and Mahoyo remaster are both console only.

Saber

Gold Member

I'm happy for them and to have new projects, totally looking foward to them.

But can I be honest? Grand Knight Story is not a particulary good game. It's badly balanced, placement advantage is terrible because 90% of enemies have knockback, AP management is hideous and leveling is useless as everyone just scales harder than you.

If they could ever fix this and relaunch again I would be ultra hyped.

Last edited:
Please find solutions to these problems and release Muramasa 4K, so I can finally have a confident answer in "best graphics ever" threads.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Grand Knights History always looked like a very interesting game to me, but also sadly while playing it I got the feel that I was missing like half of the game because the multiplayer aspect of the game is no longer supported.

I wonder what they might be working on and how close it is to that game. Whatever it is I'm sure it'll be a quality product.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
It is not denied that they make high-quality games, but they should already release the Muramasa on Switch and current consoles, or specify the reason why they do not.

And that they make a game set in the pre-Hispanic culture of Mexico... It would be novel in history and wealth.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Muramasa is perfectly playable on the Vita and PS TV. What they should re-release is Dragon's Crown so the multiplayer might be alive again.

Labadal

I haven't disliked any of their games that I have played. I can't wait to see what they are up to next. Another side scrolling tactical rpg, with amazing art would be dope.

Top Bottom