• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introducing DualSense, the New Wireless Game Controller for PlayStation 5

What do you think of the new controller?

• I like it

• I dislike it

• 50-50

Results are only viewable after voting.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
God damn, don't you have anything better than repeating the sane bullshit argument about internal batteries?

Do you realize almost the entire world and technology has moved past AA batteries and use internal built-in batteries instead?

It's genuinely pathetic to see someone in 2020 advocating for AA battery.
You do not realize how pathetic the internal batter is and there is NO DEFENDING IT !
With battery door, You can swap in AA, rechargables or even battery packs. You can do anything.
With internal You are stuck to it, You have to connect controoler every 8-12 hours and if it happens during the day, it's an inconvenient.
AND BATTERY dies/lowers capacity with age. NO ARGUING ABOUT THAT.

You have no sane arguments aside from saying "what is so hard about connecting controller" and "it's comfortable?
Internal battery people are all selfish assholes who don't see any other options while in fact with battery pack options or rechargable AA it's much better than internal.
Even oculus touch controller use external batteries so You don't have to stop playing. Look at vive users complaining about shitty battery life nowadays with their old controllrs

alabtrosMyster alabtrosMyster it's not only about replacing battery every 7-10 years. I open the controller anyway to clean it. Sony does not sell original internal batteries and after 10 years, these batteries are just as used from being stored in warehouse as in controller. And Chinese batteries You might be able to buy 10 years from now will suck. And not to mention that it's all hardly available to countries without amazon

Last edited:
Internal battery people are all selfish assholes who don't see any other options while in fact with battery pack options or rechargable AA it's much better than internal.
Wo calm down johnny.

You do not realize how pathetic the internal batter is and there is NO DEFENDING IT !
With battery door, You can swap in AA, rechargables or even battery packs. You can do anything.
With internal You are stuck to it, You have to connect controoler every 8-12 hours and if it happens during the day, it's an inconvenient.
Those are all completely useless things to say, it's still more practical to have the batteries inside the thing, so long as changing them after a couple of years of use (I have not have any problems with my PS3 controller batteries until 2013, then I sold the machine to get a PS4... so the longevity is pretty good).

I don't like managing loose batteries, and I have two controllers, so there is never a situation when at least one is fully charged--also I have a charging dock where I put them when I need to charge one. I don't have to either worry about charging batteries on the side or buying reserves.

Anyway, those "issues" you raise are not as big of a problem as you make them out to be, so stop the grand standing, we don't need this attitude around here.

You have no sane arguments aside from saying "what is so hard about connecting controller" and "it's comfortable?
Even oculus touch controller use external batteries so You don't have to stop playing. Look at vive users complaining about shitty battery life nowadays with their old controllrs

alabtrosMyster alabtrosMyster it's not only about replacing battery every 7-10 years. I open the controller anyway to clean it. Sony does not sell original internal batteries and after 10 years, these batteries are just as used from being stored in warehouse as in controller. And Chinese batteries You might be able to buy 10 years from now will suck. And not to mention that it's all hardly available to countries without amazon
Imagine typing all this in the midst of a global pandemic.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Imagine typing all this in the midst of a global pandemic.
Imagine You ever stopped trolling
alabtrosMyster alabtrosMyster "we don't need this attitude around here. " - So just because You did not had problems with Your ps3 controllers which You sold in 2013 and because it's difficult to "manage" batteries.... You completely ignore my points and say that You don't want logical dialogue here?

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Imagine we both get along and play games together during this crisis and spread love to one another.

COULDN'T BE ME! #DualSensei
I probably played Death Stranding with You. I've built You a fucking road and a bridge! Show some god damn respect :messenger_face_steam:
Edit: it's all right. I know it's just a stupid controller... I am just a bit mad about how closed minded some appear to be. Why not let everyone have what the want? Only 360 controller did that and nobody complained (ok, their battery pack kinda sucked but it was an option)

Last edited:
I probably played Death Stranding with You. I've built You a fucking road and a bridge! Show some god damn respect :messenger_face_steam:

43VlRO8.jpg

ZywyPL

Banned
Do you realize almost the entire world and technology has moved past AA batteries and use internal built-in batteries instead?

Which doesn't change the fact that batteries do get depleted over time... It's mostly noticable in laptops, but smartphones/tablets also show the issue if not replaced within 2-3 years, so he does have valid point/concern. Especially after DS4 pathetic battery life it's hard to give Sony a credit in this regard.

I'm amazed you've had a dualshock 4 for 10 years...

HarryKS

I'm of the mind that providing a 7 ft charging cable would fix a lot of complaints about wireless controllers.

It would fix my problems for sure.

Mista

Banned

🤔
Curiously, I have to play on all platforms: PC with mouse; Nintendo Switch; at Stadia with a tablet or the first thing I catch. What happens to me is that I was starting to miss some things. If I play on Switch, it may seem silly, but the Vibration HD shows a lot; the difference is like riding on a latest model Mercedes and a tractor, basically, at the level of sensitivity.

Nintendo is an expert in taking technologies, turning them around and making them fun. There are things that, when they are not there, you miss them a lot. For example, the built-in speaker, which offers many possibilities to create actions within the game where everything is contextualised; as if someone starts calling you on the phone, for example. These are details that add immersion. I see that Sony has been a little more daring, and yes, you’ve tried to see a little more with the share button feature, which was a more one-way process based solely on sharing the experience. In this case, with Create, you can do something a little more active. And I’ll leave it there.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

🤔

Dang it! What does this part mean?

Commenting further, Rubio want onto extensively praise the ‘daring’ new Create functionality that the DualSense supposedly permits, but stopped short of saying much more no doubt to the weighty NDA looming over his head:

“I see that Sony has been a little more daring, and yes, you’ve tried to see a little more with the share button feature, which was a more one-way process based solely on sharing the experience. In this case, with Create, you can do something a little more active. And I’ll leave it there.”

mckmas8808

Probably the new creation studio it launches you into (rather than just "sharing"), think inbuilt video editor etc.

Hmmm....interesting. The dev said the DS4's share button was a "one way" thing, whereas the DS5 isn't. I'd think it'll be something more than just a video editor. What would a two way Create button be able to do, that's different from being just one way?

thelastword

Banned
Hey, there's a lot to be revealed...….Create features, OS features, VR spectating; games and movies from what I have heard in the rumormill recently.....What ports will PS5 have, what Wifi speed and features, how will PS+ and PS NOW evolve......Will Sony announce an emulator for PS3/PS2/PS1 on the OS side......How will that noise cancelling mic improve chats and make it standard, improve voice and video chat, what about the camera......AND most importantly, what about the game showcase, which everyone says is coming in May...……..This is actually what people are waiting for...….Yet I will say this, when they reveal the console and give a teardown with a breakdown of the cooler and hardware features and also when they give a breakdown of the OS, this will no doubt cause even more buzz than the controller......The games, I suspect people will break them down title by title...….In the meantime, I'm going to pre-order Tsushima whilst I wait...

jaysius

Banned
Hmmm....interesting. The dev said the DS4's share button was a "one way" thing, whereas the DS5 isn't. I'd think it'll be something more than just a video editor. What would a two way Create button be able to do, that's different from being just one way?

Hopefully the button reacts QUICKER, by the time you hit "SHARE" for a screenshot and the thing actually takes a screenshot the fucking moment is already over, so you get a shot of nothing. One of the biggest flaws of that system.

Also just a PS4 annoyance, at the start of it's life "RECORDING STOPPED".... "RECORDING RESUMED" for fucking company intro videos and other stupid shit.

Last edited:
Hey, there's a lot to be revealed...….Create features, OS features, VR spectating; games and movies from what I have heard in the rumormill recently.....What ports will PS5 have, what Wifi speed and features, how will PS+ and PS NOW evolve......Will Sony announce an emulator for PS3/PS2/PS1 on the OS side......How will that noise cancelling mic improve chats and make it standard, improve voice and video chat, what about the camera......AND most importantly, what about the game showcase, which everyone says is coming in May...……..This is actually what people are waiting for...….Yet I will say this, when they reveal the console and give a teardown with a breakdown of the cooler and hardware features and also when they give a breakdown of the OS, this will no doubt cause even more buzz than the controller......The games, I suspect people will break them down title by title...….In the meantime, I'm going to pre-order Tsushima whilst I wait...
I'm starting to see the genius behind Sony's marketing nowadays when the competitor blew their load too early into the game for a desperate attempt at catching some much needed momentum.

The DualSense is still being discussed about to this day, and that's only the controller!

Fake

Hopefully the button reacts QUICKER, by the time you hit "SHARE" for a screenshot and the thing actually takes a screenshot the fucking moment is already over, so you get a shot of nothing. One of the biggest flaws of that system.

Also just a PS4 annoyance, at the start of it's life "RECORDING STOPPED".... "RECORDING RESUMED" for fucking company intro videos and other stupid shit.
But this is a CPU limitation in doing works. We can't expect much from Jaguar CPU for doing heavy stuff.

Grinchy

Banned
I wish my phone used a brick of AA batteries too. Imagine having a stack of them in your car for an emergency. While all the other idiots just have a dead battery, I will instantly have a full charge!

And everyone who plugs their phones in with cables to charge them don't understand the convenience of just grabbing the battery stack already charged from the wall, replacing the 12 AAs on the phone, and putting the depleted one back into the wall to charge up for later. Internal batteries are for suckers.

thelastword

Banned
I wish my phone used a brick of AA batteries too. Imagine having a stack of them in your car for an emergency. While all the other idiots just have a dead battery, I will instantly have a full charge!

And everyone who plugs their phones in with cables to charge them don't understand the convenience of just grabbing the battery stack already charged from the wall, replacing the 12 AAs on the phone, and putting the depleted one back into the wall to charge up for later. Internal batteries are for suckers.
Is this sarcasm?

Accessing a portal of saved portions of games (like a boss level), then replaying it, adding your own visual effects, commentary then re uploading to said 'Create' portal to share with the community of the same game.

This would be a two way thing in that you and others contribute to created content of any game.

I have trouble completing a level? I search through Create portal for Dark Souls 5 or whatever and i find a tutorial by another user on how to defeat a boss, complete with intro, visual graphics (kind of like youtube videos you find) etc.

This is all of course my opinion. I'm likely way off the mark here but the more i hear of this Create button, the more it sounds to me like its a Community thing like how the PS4 game Dreams hinges on it being a collaborative effort with PS4 gamers creating content together.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Is this sarcasm?

Of course it is lol

Accessing a portal of saved portions of games (like a boss level), then replaying it, adding your own visual effects, commentary then re uploading to said 'Create' portal to share with the community of the same game.

This would be a two way thing in that you and others contribute to created content of any game.

I have trouble completing a level? I search through Create portal for Dark Souls 5 or whatever and i find a tutorial by another user on how to defeat a boss, complete with intro, visual graphics (kind of like youtube videos you find) etc.

This is all of course my opinion. I'm likely way off the mark here but the more i hear of this Create button, the more it sounds to me like its a Community thing like how the PS4 game Dreams hinges on it being a collaborative effort with PS4 gamers creating content together.

Really good ideas. Didn't Sony have a patent recently on someone helping you with playing a game for you or getting online video instructions or something?

Last edited:

shaddam

I bought my ps3 in 2010 and the battery is still great. And if one day die I can change it. For my pc I bought a chinese(?) xbox360 wired gamepad, because i'm to lazy to change batteries. For my ps2 i had a wireless DS2 with 2 AAA but I used my wired one mostly. I never had problem that I ran out of juice. I have a powerbank, long USB cable, if I cant pause the game I still can keep playing. If I am playing some singleplayer game half hour of charging, while shitposting somewhere is enough for hours of gaming :messenger_grinning_sweat:

thelastword

Banned
I have to say, the Dual Sense controller is the most innovative and feature rich controller that I've ever seen announced for a console...…..More and more I think about it, next gen will bring a lot to gamers on so many levels.....It's like they started with a clean slate and say it's time to take everything to the next level......Graphics with RT, Great Sound on my normal TV speakers and cheap headphone, 60fps because of a great CPU and changing the way I play and experience the game with the DualSense, with minimal delay in loading times and lots of innovation in game and level design due to the SSD and all these high end features......

Gaming sounds pretty good next gen.....Seems it will be the most exciting for more than one reason...….I think the golden era is here once again...

JLMC469

Banned
Saying the Duel Sense is better than the DS4 does nothing for me. DS has always been crap IMO.

How does it compre with the Xbox controller?

Top Bottom