• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inxile Entertainment Working On "Ambitious New License" That "Aims To Renew The Rpg Genre"

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Wasteland 3 developer inXile Entertainment is currently hiring for a new project based on "a very ambitious new license" with which it "aims to renew the RPG genre."

Several open positions for its new project are currently available, developer inXile Entertainment seeking to fill roles such as 3D environment artist, VFX artist, or combat engineer.

Although no concrete details about what the license might be or how the game might play have been shared so far, the job listings reveal two small details that are worth noting.

inXile Entertainment's upcoming title is described as a "next-generation RPG," so there is a chance that it won't launch on last-gen consoles.

In addition, several listings, including the one for VFX artist, require knowledge of the Unreal Engine, which might suggest that we could be looking at an UE5 title.

The Twitter post highlighting the open positions features a handful of artwork pieces that are, sadly, confirmed to not belong to the new game.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
I still haven't finished WL3. Been sitting in my backlog since Moses split the Red Sea.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

swarley64

I burned out on Wasteland 2, and Torment Numenera was interesting but didn’t blow me away… I still haven’t played WL3 is it substantially better?

hopefully they release a functional game this time.

This is coming form someone that played the original wasteland 2 and wasteland 3 at launch and they were both more buggy than a typical bethesda game.

tusharngf

i want to see trailers and release date. 2011 the drought continues. Apart from forza series they got nothing so far.

I say 99% sure a new IP thats in prepoduction. They have a combat designer for project cobalt.

Man Idek how a full rpg can have a GOW level combat system. Only games like elden ring can be rpgs with superb combat systems because they basically forego all the other traditional elements of an rpg.

Last edited:
Man Idek how a full rpg can have a GOW level combat system. Only games like elden ring can be rpgs with superb combat systems because they basically forego all the other traditional elements of an rpg.

I suspect it would be fps/tps with abilities.

Would be surprised if they made it hack and slash.

Enjoyed Wasteland 3 a lot. It's a better Fallout scenario/story than Fallout 4. Big improvement on Wasteland 2. Very rich world and lore. Tons of intriguing moral dilemmas. However, Inxile's production values and presentation leaves something to be desired. I think it's more about team size and being old school based than budget. Will play whatever they make next.

Chukhopops

Wasteland 3 was so good on every level it makes me a little worried that they seem to be switching the gameplay significantly.

Also they should collab with the Weird West devs and make a WW sequel, that would be my dream.

Roberts

I burned out on Wasteland 2, and Torment Numenera was interesting but didn’t blow me away… I still haven’t played WL3 is it substantially better?

Yes. Never finished W2, but 3 was my GOTY. Put everything else aside and didn’t quit until the closing credits - it is way more accessible than 2 without sacrificing RPG depth etc. Everything just works…except a few bugs, but I played it day one. That reminds me to play DLCs

Reactions: Isa

Fuz

Banned
Sure Jan GIF

JayK47

Every time I hear a developer say "very ambitious" my eyes roll. It means delays and missing content and over promising. I enjoy their games, but Wasteland 3 was over too soon. Hope whatever they do is fun.

anthraticus

Banned
They can give me everything wasteland 3 was in 3rd or first person and it’s a goty. Literally change nothing except the perspective.
Meanwhile in a tactical style game like that the best view is one where you can survey and see the whole battlefield. Meaning NOT 1st ir 3rd person...lol

reksveks

What are the big IP's that steampunk would make sense for?

League of Extraordinary Gentleman?

Last edited:

kicker

Banned
Arcanum spiritual successor confirmed?
But the InXile guys aren't the guys from Troika so it would be weird for them to make a spiritual successor to another company's game. Although they're both offshoots of black isle, and the Troika guys are now in the same building at Obsidan.

Who knows though.

Godot25

Banned
So they are working on two games? One Steampunk FPS RPG and second game from "established IP" or that steampunk FPS RPG is from "established IP"?

RoboFu

One of the green rats
they do their ‘talking’ via LinkedIn job descriptions? ‘Not enough producing’ for a smallish studio that released their last game (Wasteland 3, 86% OC) late 2020?

Some truly inane trolling here.
MS studios is not this one post but it’s still alot of talk and no game. Where’s the troll in the truth ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom