• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming March 2015 | Beware the IAPs of March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realized that this Nintendo news means we might get a true F-Zero on mobile. AG Drive and Repulze were great, but that would be even better

Double D

Has anyone played Penumbear? It's a pretty solid platformer and I'm enjoying it but I'm totally stuck on one of the later levels. The level is called 'London Bridge' and I can't find a walkthrough anywhere on this particular level which leads me to believe I'm just doing something stupid.

I can get the firefly just fine, but can't figure out how to get to the door. If anybody can help me out I would greatly appreciate it!

edit: Figured it out. And yes, it was me being dumb and just not being able to make a jump.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
nfNid4M.png

Finally! Figures his multi-part mission would be one of the last few of this arc.

Any big anticipated relases for tonight? Hopefully we get Rex Rocket, but if not, I'm hyped for TouchTone. Don't know what the gameplay is but PocketTactics said it's addicting and it's from devs who worked on Solipskier, Threes, Hundreds, and Ridiculous Fishing.

Heel

Any big anticipated relases for tonight? Hopefully we get Rex Rocket, but if not, I'm hyped for TouchTone. Don't know the gameplay is but PocketTactics said it's addicting and it's from devs who worked on Solipskier, Threes, Hundreds, and Ridiculous Fishing.

With no idea what it really is, TouchTone is the first iOS game that's grabbed my attention in quite a bit. The game tease and pedigree of the devs is plenty.

With no idea what it really is, TouchTone is the first iOS game that's grabbed my attention in quite a bit. The game tease and pedigree of the devs is plenty.
It's something that's as playable as Threes (!!!!) and has a politic theme. The tease from PT is that it's a game that "crowdsources national security"; that makes me think of stuff like Blackbar and Papers Please. I'm really interested to say the least

awp69

Ooooohhhhh... That Rodeo game looks pretty sweet.

Haven't seen anything pop up yet for TouchTone.

KromacelliK looks interesting in tonight's releases, although it's difficult to say what it plays like. Stormblades looks cool even if it is just another Infinity Blade clone.

Also might have to check out Four Letters. Thanks for posting some pics!

PittaGAF

I suggest people interested in Deathwatch go to the official site Deathwatch Website and the check at the end of the lengthy press release the full resolution screenshots.

Personally, besides a dream coming true, I find them unbelivable.
That screenshot with the Marines surrounded around the Sarlacc pit!!!
With Aliens coming out from the holes and those plasma guns!!!!
The huge alien in another screenshot, with mouth open, looks straight from Ridley Scott movie.

Multiplayer and coop are just the icing on the cake.

GLORIOUS DAY.

awp69

Tried Stormblades off of the NZ store. Can't say I'm all that impressed. Kind of a runner mixed with battle after battle Infinity Blade style except you don't control the running and the fights are inferior to IB. No story that I can tell from the first few segments.

Guess if you really like the IB series, it's worth a try. It's faster paced, but overall is pretty shallow.

Oynox

Modern combat 5 is free right now and finally compatible with MFi controllers.

I do not think it is free *now*, but more like forever. As as soon as you start the game, it advices you that it is free, but IAP supported. I guess Gameloft is continuing the trend of their other games, like Asphalt, BiA and Dungeon Hunter. Unfortunately, I absolutely dislike their F2P model.

Is anyone here playing King of Thieves? Dunno why, but I got over the tedious F2P model and it is a decent game, besides of that.

killercow

It's now free to play, rather than free right now.

GTA Vice City got MFi controller support too + iPhone 6 screen support.

I do not think it is free *now*, but more like forever. As as soon as you start the game, it advices you that it is free, but IAP supported. I guess Gameloft is continuing the trend of their other games, like Asphalt, BiA and Dungeon Hunter. Unfortunately, I absolutely dislike their F2P model.

Is anyone here playing King of Thieves? Dunno why, but I got over the tedious F2P model and it is a decent game, besides of that.

Yep I didn't think they had moved into F2P territory.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I suggest people interested in Deathwatch go to the official site Deathwatch Website and the check at the end of the lengthy press release the full resolution screenshots.

Personally, besides a dream coming true, I find them unbelivable.
That screenshot with the Marines surrounded around the Sarlacc pit!!!
With Aliens coming out from the holes and those plasma guns!!!!
The huge alien in another screenshot, with mouth open, looks straight from Ridley Scott movie.

Multiplayer and coop are just the icing on the cake.

GLORIOUS DAY.
Features promised back for Hunters 2 finally here. What a day to be alive.

PittaGAF

Features promised back for Hunters 2 finally here. What a day to be alive.

I didn't understand if it's async and if it's actually co op (I've read co op in a preview but not in the press release).

But anyway...it's freaking gorgeous.
I like the emphasis they put in strategy.
I just hope it will be fun as Hunters 2 (I recently reinstalled it and the daily contracts are still a ton of fun).

I'm pretty confident tough.

Now that's I've seen some TouchTone gameplay, I'm really excited tonight. The core of the game is a puzzler where you manipulate colored lines with the correct outputs by moving mirrors and splitters on a grid. But the framework is this dystopic Big Brother world where you're digging through private conversations and documents and figuring out if they threaten natural security. It sounds really fascinating

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Some promo codes for Four letters if anybody wanted to grab before the worldwide rollout finishes this evening

MAKKTFR3TEMK
3P93NT6L9EKJ
9HHT3KKX47W3
A3J6AWPR4AK4

I never did suss out the "quote to reveal codes" thing. Not much of an issue here as we have plenty of codes if we use up the above, but feel free to explain to me what I should be doing next time to obscure the codes for GAF members only :)

okno

Some promo codes for Four letters if anybody wanted to grab before the worldwide rollout finishes this evening

MAKKTFR3TEMK
3P93NT6L9EKJ
9HHT3KKX47W3
A3J6AWPR4AK4

I never did suss out the "quote to reveal codes" thing. Not much of an issue here as we have plenty of codes if we use up the above, but feel free to explain to me what I should be doing next time to obscure the codes for GAF members only :)

Snagged MAKKTFR3TEMK, thanks! Super excited to try it out :D

awp69

MAKKTFR3TEMK
3P93NT6L9EKJ
9HHT3KKX47W3
A3J6AWPR4AK4

Thanks! Grabbed 9HHT3KKX47W3 and will give it a go.

Tak3n

Banned

MAKKTFR3TEMK
3P93NT6L9EKJ
9HHT3KKX47W3
A3J6AWPR4AK4

hey

many thanks I took 3P93NT6L9EKJ

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
You can use email tags:
[email=hidden thing goes here, inside the brackets]
[/email]

Or you can use Modbot's giveaway function (see the Steam thread for details).

Thanks. Had forgotten it was something to do with an email thing.

HBP

MAKKTFR3TEMK
3P93NT6L9EKJ
9HHT3KKX47W3
A3J6AWPR4AK4

All gone :(

okno

Four Letters is far more engaging than I thought at first glance! Very twitchy and definitely scratches that "one more time" itch that I've been searching for recently. My best score so far is 57, but I could definitely do better. I always start to panic as soon as I see the timer start to flash, heh.

Really neat little game with a great style to it. Thanks again for the code!

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Four Letters is far more engaging than I thought at first glance! Very twitchy and definitely scratches that "one more time" itch that I've been searching for recently. My best score so far is 57, but I could definitely do better. I always start to panic as soon as I see the timer start to flash, heh.

Really neat little game with a great style to it. Thanks again for the code!

You definitely get better over time, especially once you start catching the time bonuses more often and stacking them up back to back. The producer on the title has a score over 250, though she is an avid reader as well which helps.

pdk27

You definitely get better over time, especially once you start catching the time bonuses more often and stacking them up back to back. The producer on the title has a score over 250, though she is an avid reader as well which helps.
I think you are right with what you said earlier today Mario. I played a couple of games and I definitlely think you are on to something here.

killercow

To be or not to be by tin man games is such a great gamebook. It's very silly but also very funny and I encourage everyone to check it out :)

Downloaded Four Letters earlier today (the benefits of also having an NZ account). I'm enjoying it a lot. It's less a word game and more of twitchy recognition game. Compared to something like Word Mage or LEX, Four Letters presents you with a string of...four letters and you must tap out the word they spell, all against the clock. Correctly spelling words grants you some time, but time is not on your side. Four Letters quickly becomes a challenge for your mind and fingers, as you race to figure out what the letters spell and then tap them in the correct order. It's a colorful and challenging test of skill definitely worth checking out

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok

Nyx

Four Letters indeed is a nice little game.
It has a nice clean UI and the premise is simple but addicting.

Shame the multiplayer bit is through Facebook though, wish I could just challenge a friend without it.

Wow, Free already? The latest update added iCloud support and MFi controller compatibility. Everyone should really download it :)
Don't worry. The devs are doing okay. I had chatted with them a few weeks ago. The game sold well enough that they're already working on their next game, which is bigger in scope and mechanics, and are planning on bringing Dark Echo to PC

killercow

Don't worry. The devs are doing okay. I had chatted with them a few weeks ago. The game sold well enough that they're already working on their next game, which is bigger in scope and mechanics, and are planning on bringing Dark Echo to PC

That's fantastic news! I was afraid there for a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom