• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming November 2016 | Apple unbinds Isaac

Voidance

Super Mario Run hits iOS on December 15 for $9.99 (unlocked via a single iAP), it will feature three game modes and require iOS 8 and up:
http://www.polygon.com/2016/11/15/13636436/super-mario-run-release-date-price

Here's the list of countries it'll be launching in:
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/en/2016/161115.html#countryList
I'm happy with that price and will happily pay it.

What sucks, though, is that the unlock is an IAP. My wife wants this game as well, and we usually share games with each other via Family Sharing, but that doesn't apply to IAP. Womp womp.

It has to be coming super soon

Tweeted today: https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/798402377854414848
CxR77WkW8AAVD4V.jpg

CxR-tsZXgAAifrW.jpg

PittaGAF

Just a friendly reminder to everyone that, for some unknown reason, the word 'soon' assumes a pretty significant different meaning if it's from a dev or if it is from...the rest of the world, us included.

Changing "Very soon" to "soon" now sounds like it won't make a November release.

Anyways, I'm playing Rimworld PC right now and I'm left wondering, why isnt Prison Architect on my iPad yet? I need it now!

Changing "Very soon" to "soon" now sounds like it won't make a November release.

Anyways, I'm playing Rimworld PC right now and I'm left wondering, why isnt Prison Architect on my iPad yet? I need it now!
They probably want to release it as least before the holidays.

Btw, how are you liking Rimworld?

Oynox

Not sure if you, owners of MFi controllers, follow afterpad's blog but he recently highlighted a newcomer to the MFi gaming scene who does reviews and stuff exclusively on those sweet bluetooth controllers: The MFi Guy

They probably want to release it as least before the holidays.

Btw, how are you liking Rimworld?
Loving it! Definitely has a learning curve at the start but now I've got a hang on the mechanics and my settlement is progressing nicely.

The raids are quite exhilarating too! Had a raid group attack my settlement last night but I fended them off without losing a single person. I'm currently focused on recruiting more visitors to my camp.

awp69

Just a friendly reminder to everyone that, for some unknown reason, the word 'soon' assumes a pretty significant different meaning if it's from a dev or if it is from...the rest of the world, us included.

Yep. For us, "soon" means we want it yesterday. ;)

You guys should be way more excited for Super Mario Run since apparently we've all been playing F2P IAP-filled garbage this whole time and real games won't exist on mobile until December 15th!

heringer

You guys should be way more excited for Super Mario Run since apparently we've all been playing F2P IAP-filled garbage this whole time and real games won't exist on mobile until December 15th!

Heh, funny thing is, it doesn't even look all that good. From the videos the level design looks very safe and basic. Runners have come a long way, and I'm afraid Nintendo might end up playing catch up at this point. I'll be surprised if it's more fun than Mikey Jumps, as much as I love Mario.

putermcgee

So a Rez album pack is coming to Lumines next week. I could swear I had suggested somewhere that a Rez pack would be amazing, so basically you can thank me for that!

I recently realized I had all three Reckless Racing gams on my phone, but hadn't really played since the second one was released. The third game obviously looks the best, but it feels a little freemium compared to the second. Is there a different series that's more recent and is as fun as the Reckless Racing series?

so ive been wanting to do a giveaway here. Is there any site that does email delivery of itunes USA gift cards? I cant gift across region and no one uses iTunes store india but me lol. What would you all suggest?

Anilones

They would like to know which are the best examples of similar games that do platformers right in the AppStore.

They didn't ask for similar games, just good controlling platformers on iOS. This is quite important as it sounds like they are extremely ignorant of iOS gaming and are interested in seeing what can be achieved rather than playing a similar but poorly controlled game and thinking that that game is the optimal level of control possible.

Anilones

Deus Ex GO is on sale for 79p. I remember that it wasn't as well received as Hitman GO or Lara Croft GO, is there a reason for this?

bonesquad

Deus Ex GO is on sale for 79p. I remember that it wasn't as well received as Hitman GO or Lara Croft GO, is there a reason for this?

Deus Ex is seen as a regression to Hitman's style of a series of puzzle rooms after Lara Croft advanced the series to more of a continuous adventure. But make no mistake, Deus Ex Go is a good game. If you enjoyed the previous Go games, Deus Ex is an easy recommendation.

I really need a good game realeasing tonight
I'm looking forward to Islands
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcxB5I6MkYY
I don't want to spoil anything about Islands beyond this basic set-up: a series of shadowy places waiting for you to play with them. I don't want to read too much about Islands myself, even, because I don't want to spoil it for me. What I will say is that this strange, wonderfully troubling game transported me further than any other game I've played in a very long time. I can't wait for it to come out.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...reenlight-game-islands-is-going-to-be-amazing

WTF at that TGA mobile nominee list...

Severed is the only one I really want to win.
You can tell that the Best Mobile/Handheld Games was decided by someone who doesn't play mobile games. It's disappointing that, outside of Severed, games like that are what is presented as the best of the platform

Clash Royale
Fire Emblem Fates
Monster Hunter Generations
Pokemon Go
Severed

awp69

You can tell that the Best Mobile/Handheld Games was decided by someone who doesn't play mobile games. It's disappointing that, outside of Severed, games like that are what is presented as the best of the platform

Clash Royale
Fire Emblem Fates
Monster Hunter Generations
Pokemon Go
Severed

Clash Royale is fun but not GoTY material.

BTW, that site has horrible mobile optimization. Maybe that's telling.

awp69

If you guys do end up liking Neon Chrome keep a look out for Xenoraid. It's another game from 10tons that they plan to release sometime in December:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=295827&highlight=Xenoraid

Signed up to beta test this. Hoping they contact me because the concept sounds cool (controlling four ships individually) and am curious how it was translated to touch.

The PC / Console versions use face buttons or keys to select the ship. Guess you could touch the ships but that could get annoying if you are blocking the view of the action. Probably replicated the face buttons but not sure.

Is this still coming tonight? Looks and sounds intriguing but while I don't want spoilers I'd like to know a little about how it plays. I'm guessing it's puzzle based and maybe something to do with the shadows.
Slated for the 17th, so hoping it arrives tonight

It's supposed to be short, about an hour, but the atmosphere and tactile puzzles look well worth it. I'm looking forward to it

===

I'm iffy on Neon Chrome. It was decent fun on PC, but mobile is missing something...

awp69

Never played PC or console, but I'm enjoying Neon Chrome from what I have played so far. Seems to control well and love the neon atmosphere.

I did read that they "slowed it down" a bit for mobile. Something to do with touch not being quite as fast as a mouse or controller to keep up with the action.

Is that what you feel is missing? Guess if I never played other versions it's not bothering me.

Never played PC or console, but I'm enjoying Neon Chrome from what I have played so far. Seems to control well and love the neon atmosphere.

I did read that they "slowed it down" a bit for mobile. Something to do with touch not being quite as fast as a mouse or controller to keep up with the action.

Is that what you feel is missing? Guess if I never played other versions it's not bothering me.
Well, I did notice that; controls dont feel as fast or resposive as I'd like. But I'm mostly with the visual downgrade, removing the atmospheric city backdrop and rain. It just looks ugly now; I thought it was a bug but then I noticed it was the same in the app page screenshots.

awp69

Well, I did notice that; controls dont feel as fast or resposive as I'd like. But I'm mostly with the visual downgrade, removing the atmospheric city backdrop and rain. It just looks ugly now; I thought it was a bug but then I noticed it was the same in the app page screenshots.

Odd, I am seeing the city backdrop and rain. But also playing on a 6S+. Maybe that's it? Using Metal maybe?

My graphics look like closer to your first screenshot. Definitely not just a plain background in the second one.

Oh and the controls are very responsive on my phone.

Honestly been doing most of my gaming on it because I do notice a difference. Pretty much play only slower paced games on my mini 2.

Top Bottom