• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

snack

I'm looking for a CRT/ old school TV animation similar to the one on Android devices. Anyone know what's the best one that is available?

Blackhead

Redarse
Anyone know of a way to "exit Safe Mode" from here?

Please iPhone GAF, HALP.
Tapping the statusbar should bring up an alert to respring and exit Safe Mode. Did you finish the restore process?
I'm looking for a CRT/ old school TV animation similar to the one on Android devices. Anyone know what's the best one that is available?

TVTube Sleep

Bought a jailbroken iPhone last week

I've been playing around with the different swype like keyboards and finally settled on the regular keyboard + swipeselection (plus all the other keyboard tweaks like Showcase and PasteboardKey). iSwipe is decent though, I'm sure many people would pick that instead. None of the iOS keyboards are foolproof and lots of mistakes crop up while typing. Swipeselection is the quickest way to navigate back and correct those mistakes. Another alternative KBShortcuts which is compatible with iSwipe and can be used to move the cursor. iSwipe+KBShortcuts might be faster than SwipeSelection if you can remember all the key combinations but I don't want to climb that learning curve. Touchpal is alright too, worth a shot, but it's made for Chinese input so the English feels like an afterthought.

There's still a few buggy tweaks:
LockInfo 5 causes a boot loop, I guess it conflicts with Intelliscreen.
LandscapeVideos and/or Music Controls Pro results in UI animation glitches
ReceiveAny/SendAny broke sending pictures via iMessages.
Touchpal partly breaks the globe icon for switching keyboards; you'll have long tap and select a keyboard instead of cycling through them by tapping.
But aside from the occasional slowdown in Safari (probably due to AdBlocker), it's remarkably stable.

I probably missing out on even more tweaks. I haven't tried iPrivacy, NCSettings, Dashboard X Fullforce, Dreamboard etc. We should compile a more comprehensive list to put in the OP.

Sources

aXw-Repo: http://cydia.angelxwind.net/
Description : Karen (angelXwind)'s repository. Most of her iOS packages resides here.

BigBoss: http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/cydia/dists/stable
Description : Apps & Themes! We host your apps. Email me.

Cydia/Telesphoreo: http://apt.saurik.com/dists/ios/793.00
Description : Distribution of Unix Software for iOS

Dev Team: http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com/
Description : iPhone Dev Team

Exile.90's Repository: http://exilecom.altervista.org/cydia/
Description : Exile.90's Cydia repo.
exile90software.comcydia
Url : http://exile90software.com/cydia/

FilippoBiga repo: http://filippobiga.com/repo/
Description : FilippoBiga's private repo

ModMyi.com: http://apt.modmyi.com/dists/stable
Description : ModMyi.com - we host your apps! Email us.

moyashi repository: http://hitoriblog.com/apt/
Description : Experimental Repository for iPhone

repo.yllier.net: http://repo.yllier.net/

rpetrich repo: http://rpetri.ch/repo/
Description : Beta software by Ryan Petrich and others

teamXBMC: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/ios/
Description : The Official teamXBMC Repository!

Useful Repo: http://usefulidiot.org/repo/
Description : A place of random tweaks

ZodTTD & MacCiti: http://cydia.zodttd.com/repo/cydia/dists/stable
Description : ZodTTD.com & MacCiti.com Public Repo​

Blackhead

Redarse
Packages
  1. 3G Unrestrictor 5 (iOS 5 & 6) : Now with FaceTime, iCloud Backup and PhotoStream on 3G support. Allows you to trick applications into thinking they are on WiFi even though they are on 3G and by this remove restrictions like not being able to use FaceTime on 3G or watch high quality YouTube videos.
  2. Action Menu: Adds actions to the action menu
  3. Action Menu Plus Pack: Additional actions for Action Menu!
  4. Activator: Centralized gestures, button and shortcut management for iOS
  5. AdBlocker: AdBlocker for Safari and other apps
  6. AdBlockerNetworks: Block ad networks like iAds, AdMob, ...
  7. AirBlue Sharing: Bluetooth OBEX and WiFi(P2P supported) File Transfer, AirDrop for your iOS
  8. AirFloat: turns device to AirPlay audio receiver
  9. Aloud: Aloud is a very feature rich tweak that makes your notifications speak!
  10. Aloud SBSettings Toggle: This is an Aloud toggle for SBSettings.
  11. AnyAttach: attach files to emails inside Mail app
  12. AppInfo: display informations about installed apps
  13. AppLinks: AppLinks automatically creates shortcuts for all the AppStore Applications, to provide a simplier and faster access to them.
  14. appslide: like a back button. but better.
  15. AppStore Update Size: shows download size in app's details
  16. AssistantEnhancer: Adds many new features to Siri
  17. AssistantExtensions: plugin system for new Siri functionality. Several commands and snippets are built-in, including a chat bot for talking to Siri about anything you like.
  18. AssistantLove: Siri with Spotify integration, app launching, launch GPS app for directions, lets you toggle settings.
  19. Auto App Updater: Automatically downloads and installs updates for all of your App Store apps!
  20. Autocorrection SBSettings: Auto Correction toggle for SBSettings app.
  21. Auxo: A fantastic re-imagined multitasking bar!
  22. BackToDeb: A simple Redenfire script
  23. BeeKeyboard: Enhance your Bluetooth keyboard!
  24. BeeKeyboard Basic/Homeescreen Addon: Basic & Homescreen actions for BeeKeyboard!
  25. BeeSafari for BeeKeyboard: MobileSafari actions for BeeKeyboard
  26. biteLiquid: biteLiquid is a black transparent theme for biteSMS. You need to view the screenshots to see its simplistic beauty for yourself. This theme keeps the iOS look and feel while adding dark and transparency throughout. Quick reply is fully themed. Give it a try, you wont be disappointed. As shown in the screenshots, complete your iPhone's look by combining this with my Color Keyboard theme, "Android Black ColorKeyboard" & system theme 366hd. Retina devices only.
  27. biteSMS: Frustrated with the built-in Messages app? Want more features? Wish it was much quicker to compose or reply to messages? Then biteSMS is for you, with lots of extra features like Quick Reply, Quick Compose, Scheduled Messages, Auto-Forward, Auto-Retry, Passcode Lock, Privacy, Delivery Reports, Contact Pics, Easy Pick Smileys, Templates, Signatures and much more!
    Simply use biteSMS as a complete souped-up replacement to the built-in Messages application on iPhone devices.
  28. Blackout: forces showing black status bars
  29. BlurriedNCBackground: blurred wallpaper behind NotificationCenter
  30. BluSelect 5.0+: Rapid Bluetooth configuration from anywhere!
  31. Bridge: Import media into your iTunes Library
  32. Browser Changer: Open links in 3rd-party browser, instead of Safari
  33. Browser Changer SBSettings Toggle: SBSettings toggle for Browser Changer
  34. BTC Mouse & Trackpad: Bluetooth Mouse & Trackpad support for official iOS Bluetooth Stack
  35. Bulletin: Enable notification center at lockscreen.
  36. BytaFont: BytaFont lets you apply fonts to your iDevice in few taps.
  37. CallBar: Don't let incoming calls interrupt you!
  38. CallBar SBSettings Toggle: quickly enable/disable CallBar function
  39. CameraConnector: use your USB accessories with iPhone
  40. CameraTweak: adds powerful functions to Camera app
  41. CleanStatus: CleanStatus is a controller for hiding status bar icons.
  42. CleverPin: Passcode protection made smarter
  43. Compose: Mail & Message shortcuts for the NC.
  44. Curiosa: Background updates and notifications for Cydia
  45. Cyntact: show profile pictures in contact lists
  46. Default Gmail: makes Gmail default email app
  47. DismissMyKeyboard: Quickly and easily dismiss your keyboard
  48. Display Recorder: Record the display in real-time with YouTube uploads, send to camera roll, web interface, ProTapper-style touch circles and Activator integration
  49. DisplayOut: Mirror screen on TVs and monitors. Includes an updated version of ProTapper. Allows output via HDMI, VGA, component, and composite cables to external displays. Inspired by ashikase's TVOut.
  50. Do Not Disturb Toggle
  51. : Toggle Do Not Disturb for Activator and SBSettings
  52. 触宝输入法 for iOS6/5(TouchPal Keyboard): 触宝输入法 Touchpal chinese/english swipe keyboard
  53. f.lux: warms colors at night to match indoor lighting
  54. Fifty Foot Shadows HD: Features the photography of John Carey (fiftyfootshadows.net) in a smooth, animated series of backgrounds. The screenshots don't give it justice - you've got to load it up and see it in action! Wallpapers are animated with smooth, fading transitions. Date, current weather and moon phase in bottom status!
  55. Firewall iP: Intercepts outgoing connections and lets you decide what to do.
  56. FlatIcons: Welcome to the most upvoted theme on /r/ iOSThemes to date!
  57. Flex: Make your own tweaks, easily!
  58. FMFLive: Notifies you when your location is requested via Find My Friends or Find My iPhone.
  59. FolderEnhancer: Improves and extends iOS folders.
  60. FullScreen for Safari: browser enhancer with swipe gestures
  61. Giffy: view animated gif images in Photos app
  62. Grafiti: custom drawing keyboard for social apps
  63. Gridlock 2.0: Place your icons *anywhere* on the grid!
  64. GridTab for Safari: shows opened Safari tabs in a grid
  65. Hands-Free Control: Hands-Free Voice Control or Siri for your iPhone, iPod, or iPad!
  66. HapticPro: Customizable haptic feedback for the keyboard, buttons and more!
  67. HapticPro SBSettings Toggle: SBSettings toggle for HapticPro
  68. iCleaner Pro: The ultimate iPhone cleaning & tweaking app!
  69. Icon Thief: powerful icon retriever for theme-makers
  70. IconRotator: Rotating icons on your home screen
  71. iEagleEye: useful tools for images in safari & mail
  72. iFile: A File Manager and Viewer. iFile is a file manager runnning under user root. It allows fast navigation through the iPhone file system. It allows direct viewing of files of various types, e.g. movies, sound, text, HTML, Microsoft types, PDF, ZIP. For PDF files direct jumping to pages is possible. ZIP packing and unpacking is also supported. Files can be sent as email attachments. Text files and property lists can be edited. Folders and files can be bookmarked. In addition, files can be uploaded and downloaded from iFile's built-in web server.
  73. InfinityTask: Infinite task completion! (Background tasks)
  74. Insomnia Pro: Keeps WiFi Apps from Sleeping. Trial available
  75. Insomnia Toggle: Insomnia toggle for SBSettings
  76. IntelliID: CallerID For your Mobile Device!
  77. IntelliScreenX (iOS 6 Library): Facebook, Twitter, RSS, Enhanced Mail, ++ in your iOS 5 Notification Center and on your Lock Screen!
  78. IntelliScreenX 6: Facebook, Twitter, RSS, Enhanced Mail, ++ in your iOS 6 Notification Center and on your Lock Screen!
  79. iPod Widget: iPod play / pause toggle for SBSettings
  80. Ipsum: Remove notification from lockscreen by sliding back. No options to configure.
  81. iSHSHit: Easily backup firmware SHSH blobs!
  82. iSwipe: iSwipe is a Swype-like clone for iOS.
  83. iTransmission 2: iTransmission is a bittorrent client for ios
  84. KBShortcuts: keyboard swipe shortcuts for enhanced functionality
  85. KBShortcuts SBSettings Toggle: quickly enable/disable KBShortcuts tweak
  86. Landscape Lock Rotation: Lock to current orientation. Landscape or portrait.
  87. LandscapeVideos: Forces the orientation to landscape when watching videos even when the rotation lock is enabled.
  88. LastApp: Quickly switch to previous application.
  89. LinkOpener: Open web pages in their apps
  90. LiveClock: Animated Clock icon on the SpringBoard
  91. LocationHolic: Fake your iPhone's location with LocationHolic. You can set any location as your iPhone's location.fakelocation.
  92. LockInfo 5: Unlock your information.
  93. Lorem: Remove notification from the notification center dragging them out.
  94. Mail Enhancer Pro iOS 6: Multiple Signatures, Rules, Custom Notifications, Highlighting, Mail Filter, Quick actions (Swipe to delete / mark read / flagged), Select All, HTML-Composing, Business Usage
  95. ManualCorrect Pro: Improves your Auto Corrected typing!
  96. MapsOpener: Opens map links in Google Maps app
  97. Minimal MIUI: An iOS port of the Minimal MIUI icon theme.
  98. MobileTerminal: A Terminal emulator
  99. Monocle: Fullscreen For Everything, default event is shake. For best results install with SwipeBack
  100. Music Controls Pro 6.x: Display off swipes, video backgrounding, Remote service, audio interruption disabler, and more!
  101. MyWi 6: MyWi 6 - All New Tethering on iPhones + iPad for iOS 6.0! Includes support for 3.1+ and all iPhones (including 2G/3G/3GS) and iPad! Create a WiFi HotSpot with a press of a finger! Wherever you are - you can connect your laptop or other mobile device to your iPhone easily! You can also use MyWi 4.0 to enable USB Tethering on 3.1!
  102. MyWi 6.0 (iOS 6 Library): MyWi 6 - All New Tethering on iPhones + iPad for iOS 6.0! Create a WiFi HotSpot with a press of a finger! Wherever you are - you can connect your laptop or other mobile device to your iPhone easily! You can also use MyWi 6.0 to enable USB and Bluetooth Tethering!
  103. MyWi OnDemand: MyWi OnDemand enables iDevices to tether OnDemand! After simple setup, iDevices will auto connect/disconnect when a WiFi Connection is not available!
  104. Net Talk Toggle: NetTalk (AFP) toggle for SBSettings.
  105. Netatalk: open-source AppleTalk implementation
  106. Nitrous: Give JavaScript a speed boost with Nitro
  107. NoCoverFlow: Disable Cover Flow in Music App
  108. Not-So-Smart: Disable Smart App Banners in Safari
  109. Notificator: get notified for important system events
  110. OmniStat for NotificationCenter: shows useful device stats & information
  111. OpenBackup: This app backs up and restores your free Cydia packages and most of their preferences.
  112. OpenNotifier: OpenNotifier is a brand-new, fully-customizable StatusNotifier for iOS 4.
  113. OpenNotifier Premium Pack: The official premium pack for OpenNotifier
  114. OpenSSH: secure remote access between machines
  115. PasswordPilot Pro: Auto insert your Apple ID password.
  116. PasteboardKey: PasteboardKey is a one of the keyboard bundle of the CocoaNuts Keylord. PasteboardKey handles pasteboard history.
  117. PDF Printer for Safari: Print pages in Safari and other apps to PDF
  118. PhoneNZB: download Usenet files and extract contents
  119. Photo Info: view EXIF, GPS & more from Photos app
  120. PhotoAlbums+ for iPhone/iPod: Manage PhotoAlbums w/o iTunes,on Device from PhotosApp,Create Folders,Move,Delete,PasswordProtect Private Pictures,Videos CopyTo PCMAC ViaUSB/BluetoothCelesteiFilePwnTunesCameraSBSettingsSwitchNoCrack
  121. PhotoExif: access/modify EXIF data from Photos
  122. PhyScroll: tilt your device to scroll any app in iOS
  123. PictoKeyboard: Unicode keyboard for iOS devices
  124. PreventSleep: Toggle device from entering sleep mode.
  125. Private Browsing SBSettings Toggle: toggle MobileSafari's private browsing mode
  126. ProTube: complete feature-filled YouTube app
  127. Pull To Dismiss: Dismiss keyboard by scrolling
  128. Push Mail SBSettings Toggle: Push Mail SBSettings Toggle. Works perfectly with SBSchedule.
  129. Push Notifications Toggle: Push Notifications SBSettings Toggle. Works perfectly with SBSchedule.

Blackhead

Redarse

Tapping the statusbar should bring up an alert to respring and exit Safe Mode. Did you finish the restore process?

Tapping the statusbar did nothing, but I was able to finish the restore process. Only issue is that all of my programs and cydia tweaks's icon are only visible in Safe Mode, in normal mode, only apple's Stock Icons are visible....

Anyone know what's causing this? or how to fix it?

iLLmAtlc

Tapping the statusbar did nothing, but I was able to finish the restore process. Only issue is that all of my programs and cydia tweaks's icon are only visible in Safe Mode, in normal mode, only apple's Stock Icons are visible....

Safe mode disables all of your Cydia tweaks so the fact that your phone is more "normal" in safe mode suggets it could be a bad tweak or app that's causing the problem. Try uninstalling some in safe mode (starting with the one you were using last before your phone messed up)

Blackhead

Redarse

Do the tweaks show up in a Spotlight search?
Can you open Cydia in 'safe mode'?

Try reinstalling libhide. Or unistalling sbsettings

Safe mode disables all of your Cydia tweaks so the fact that your phone is more "normal" in safe mode suggets it could be a bad tweak or app that's causing the problem. Try uninstalling some in safe mode (starting with the one you were using last before your phone messed up)
the tweaks aren't visible but all my other icons are, in normal mode only the stock apple icons are visible in springbooard.
Do the tweaks show up in a Spotlight search?
Can you open Cydia in 'safe mode'?

Try reinstalling libhide. Or unistalling sbsettings
In normal mode, I can open all programs with the spotlight search even though only the stock apple program icons are visible.

I can open Cydia in safe mode. I unisntalled SBSettings, no change. I found libhide, reinstalled it, no change.

iLLmAtlc

the tweaks aren't visible but all my other icons are, in normal mode only the stock apple icons are visible in springbooard.

In normal mode, I can open all programs with the spotlight search even though only the stock apple program icons are visible.

I can open Cydia in safe mode, and I don't have libhide installed. I unisntalled SBSettings, no change.

How many cydia apps and tweaks do you have installed? It wouldn't be unreasonable I think to just go through in cydia under installed packages and just start removing them all and starting anew at this point.

The fact that your phone seems to be ok in safe mode suggests its a bad cydia app or tweak that's causing the problem, since safe mode disables all cydia apps and tweaks.

I'd probably start by deleting tweaks or apps not from the big boss repo and go from there.

Good luck

How many cydia apps and tweaks do you have installed? It wouldn't be unreasonable I think to just go through in cydia under installed packages and just start removing them all and starting anew at this point.

The fact that your phone seems to be ok in safe mode suggests its a bad cydia app or tweak that's causing the problem, since safe mode disables all cydia apps and tweaks.

I'd probably start by deleting tweaks or apps not from the big boss repo and go from there.

Good luck
Thanks, I'm gonna need the luck it seems.

I'll do this tonight. Will report back with results.

Ah yes, I stubmled on that before and I tried most if not all of those steps.

1. Quickgold requires ios 3 or less
2. Al apps are already unhidden in SBSettings
3. Enabling/Disabling restrictions does nothing
4. N/A
5. Already tried deleting /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist and rebooting, no effect.

EDIT: sucess? well, after uninstalling poof and bossprefs, all my icons returned.... strange... I've already backed up my photos off of icloud so I might as well clear my phone completely of everything and rejailbreak from scratch to be safe, is this possible?

iPhoneGAF: Any way for me to refresh my iphone completely and remove everything... even the jailbreak. and start from scratch with my current 5.1.1? ( have no blobs for 5.1.1, only for 6.0 6.01 and 6.12) Do I lose anything I'm used to from 5.11 when upgrading to ios6?

iLLmAtlc

Ah yes, I stubmled on that before and I tried most if not all of those steps.

1. Quickgold requires ios 3 or less
2. Al apps are already unhidden in SBSettings
3. Enabling/Disabling restrictions does nothing
4. N/A
5. Already tried deleting /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist and rebooting, no effect.

EDIT: sucess? well, after uninstalling poof and bossprefs, all my icons returned.... strange... I've already backed up my photos off of icloud so I might as well clear my phone completely of everything and rejailbreak from scratch to be safe, is this possible?

iPhoneGAF: Any way for me to refresh my iphone completely and remove everything... even the jailbreak. and start from scratch with my current 5.1.1? ( have no blobs for 5.1.1, only for 6.0 6.01 and 6.12) Do I lose anything I'm used to from 5.11 when upgrading to ios6?

I don't know how to refresh but whatever you do do not use the reset settings function on your phone because that would most likely lead to a spinning wheel of death situation which could be an absolute nightmare with no shsh blobs.

Blackhead

Redarse
Yeah, 6.2 at the earliest is what I would say and that's only if it's a fairly significant update.

There is unlikely to be a 6.2. Rumors already point to an iOS 7 beta in the next few weeks. That brings a whole new set of challenges. I'd be surprised to see a new jailbreak before Christmas. :/

So to fix my iPhone woes I removed MobileSubtrate (which in turn removed 90% of my cydia tweaks) I of course screenshotted the list of tweaks removed so i could go back at a later time and reinstall the ones i really need.

But now here's my dillema... (on 5.1.1 without corresponding shsh blobs) I've synced my iphone's apps with itunes to get rid of large space-craving apps... but still have this:

2.38GB Photos
2.54GB Apps
741.7MB Books
6.46GB Other

wtf is the other and how to I get rid of it. halp.

Shaneus

So to fix my iPhone woes I removed MobileSubtrate (which in turn removed 90% of my cydia tweaks) I of course screenshotted the list of tweaks removed so i could go back at a later time and reinstall the ones i really need.

But now here's my dillema... (on 5.1.1 without corresponding shsh blobs) I've synced my iphone's apps with itunes to get rid of large space-craving apps... but still have this:

2.38GB Photos
2.54GB Apps
741.7MB Books
6.46GB Other

Emulators/ROMs? Downloaded things (like YT videos) in apps?

There's another folder I discovered last jailbreak time that stores all your apps old settings, so if you reinstall them after an iOS upgrade it retains said settings (which could obviously include rather large files), like movies etc. I think it was... um... something like "barge" or "float" or "ship"? Something like that.

Lemme get back to you on it.

Blackhead

Redarse

AppInfo: display informations about installed apps
By the way, could y'all use AppInfo and share a list of the essential tweaks you've installed?

2.38GB Photos
2.54GB Apps
741.7MB Books
6.46GB Other

On Computer: PhoneClean #1 Freeware Made to Free Up Space on Your iPhone, iPad & iPod touch

On Phone:
iCleaner Pro: The ultimate iPhone cleaning & tweaking app!

found in repo exile90software Url : http://exile90software.com/cydia/

NB: if you follow the tweak links on your jailbroken phone they lead directly to the packages in Cydia.

I should probably categorized that tweaks list by function instead of in alphabetical order.

On Computer: PhoneClean #1 Freeware Made to Free Up Space on Your iPhone, iPad & iPod touch

On Phone:

NB: if you follow the tweak links on your jailbroken phone they lead directly to the packages in Cydia.

I should probably categorized that tweaks list by function instead of in alphabetical order.

used both of those and only deleted 18MB... I've back up everything now. any way to restore my iphone to a clean ios 5.1.1 install?

Blackhead

Redarse
used both of those and only deleted 18MB... I've back up everything now. any way to restore my iphone to a clean ios 5.1.1 install?

No way to restore your 4S unfortunately... Unless you have a backup of a clean iPhone 4S 5.1.1 saved somewhere.

The 'other data' issue has been a bug for non-jailbroken iDevices for years now. Usually the only fix is a restore to factory settings. You can try looking through the file system on your jailbroken iPhone (use iFile or Terminal) to find the data and delete it manually.

Shaneus

Argh, damnit. I'm trying to remember the name of that folder. Basically, it stored all your application data in a specific location that wasn't the usual area for backup and when you readded all your apps back, it copied that backup info back into the app. But if you didn't add that app back in, the data sits there, orphaned.

I can't remember the name specifically, but I'm sure it had something to do with a raft or boat or ship or barge... something like that. It's fucking frustrating. Anyway, if you find a folder with what looks like a bunch of app data that looks out of place, you can probably delete it if you don't think you need said data. Last restore, mine took up around 7gb.

Petrie

Banned
So I have a "new" iphone 4s I'm using as a touch but it's updated to 6.1.3. is there any way for me to possibly downgrade and be able to jailbreak or am I SoL?

linkboy

So I have a "new" iphone 4s I'm using as a touch but it's updated to 6.1.3. is there any way for me to possibly downgrade and be able to jailbreak or am I SoL?

No, Apple isn't signing any version except for 6.1.3, so you're pretty much stuck until iOS 7 comes out with the next model of phones.

Shaneus

Oh guys, I don't know if I mentioned it here but I've been using the most recent Auxo beta for a while and the crashing seems to have disappeared completely. Occasionally I find there's an app or two that doesn't run for some reason, but I don't *think* that's anything to do with Auxo itself.

So from what I can tell, feel free to install it again :) (provided the version on the Cydia repo is in line with the beta I'm using)

Fusebox

Banned
Just got given a 5 that the missus didn't want that she got from her work, went to Vodafone, got my SIM changed to Nano and activated and then I realised the phone is locked to Telstra. FFS.

Any way to carrier unlock an iPhone 5? :(

Just bought a 5g iTouch at Best Buy and it came with 6.1.2. Very happy about that, lol. Going to look through that list of tweaks to see what I would like.

Shaneus

Just got given a 5 that the missus didn't want that she got from her work, went to Vodafone, got my SIM changed to Nano and activated and then I realised the phone is locked to Telstra. FFS.

What iOS is it on?

Or, I'll give you $50 for it.

I'm a super-sad panda right now. my iPhone 5's screen is glitched to hell and I'm about 99% sure it's a hardware issue. It's showing 3 of the screen, overlapped.

Now if I go replace it I'm going to be stuck with a phone that I can't jailbreak. After waiting so long to get a jailbreak, this happens.

iLLmAtlc

Hey guys, not sure if you've visited Cydia lately but there's disappointing news for A4 users (iPhone 4, 3GS) about the iOS 6.x shsh blobs. Basically, due to an error any iOS 6.x shsh blobs you had saved through Cydia will not work and will not be able to help you restore to a lower IPSW.

However, if you used TinyUmbrella or iFaith to save those shsh blobs, they should still be fine.

Pretty disappointed, but I can't fault the guy since he's doing this for free.

Just have to be more careful with the phone now since if you're ever forced to restore, it's goodbye to iOS 6 jailbreak and back to iOS 5, or worse, no jailbreak!

iLLmAtlc

try this

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/TELSTRA-AUST...me_Phones_Other_Phones_ET&hash=item4ac2e74703

other listings:

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_trks...kw=Telstra+iphone+5+unlock&_sacat=0&_from=R40

If available, these IMEI unlocks are probably the best way to unlock your phone at this point. Looks really cheap too, 5 bucks! With all the positive feedback, the seller is probably legit.

Blackhead

Redarse
Hey guys, not if you've visited Cydia lately but there's disappointing news for A4 users (iPhone 4, 3GS) about the iOS 6.x shsh blobs. Basically, due to an error any iOS 6.x shsh blobs you had led through Cydia will not work and will not be able to help you restore to a lower IPSW.

However, if you used TinyUmbrella or iFaith to save those shsh blobs, they should still be fine.

Pretty disappointed, but I can't fault the guy since he's doing this for free.

Just have to be more careful with the phone now since if you're ever forced to restore, it's goodbye to iOS 6 jailbreak and back to iOS 5, or worse, no jailbreak!

there is a tethered jailbreak for the A4 devices running 6.1.3

offtopic: flipped my iPhone 5 for almost $100 profit :).
There's no easy way to reset a device while keeping the jailbreak so I had to clean manually using iFile. My backups have accumulated a lot of cruft; I found preference plists and orphaned files from over 2 years ago.
I couldn't get Cydia to deactivate the phone from my account. Game Center always shows the previous logged in user so I created a fake one :/

Welp my phone ran out of battery and when I recharged it and tried to turn it on.. stuck at the apple logo.

SHIT. Any way to knock my 5.11 4S out of this loop without having to restore and update to 6.1.3?

Enzom21

Welp my phone ran out of battery and when I recharged it and tried to turn it on.. stuck at the apple logo.

SHIT. Any way to knock my 5.11 4S out of this loop without having to restore and update to 6.1.3?
Do you have mobilesubstrate safe mode installed?
Try holding the volume up button and power button on reboot.

Blackhead

Redarse
Does anyone know of any good effects when changing home pages?

Barrel?

hUrQYR8.gif

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
How is that quasar app? Does it worth it? Te how video looks awesome for multitasking

Looking at that really good theme in that gif, I'm really wondering why there aren't any good themes for retina iPads? I like the dark/black ups theme I have on my OG iPad, but it's not retina compatible or at least I couldn't find one. Anything else you guys can recommend? iOS is so boooooring.

VoxPop

*That's* Barrel? For some reason I thought it was some shitty 3D effect... that's actually a pretty good 3D effect. Any idea if there's much overhead when installed?

Barrel has about 15 different homepage transitions. Currently using carousel. No overhead at all on my 5. Battery seems to stay the same and no noticeable lag.

any good backup programs to use for all the programs setting etc before I upgrade iOS?
I dont want to lose all the things I have installed.

And no need to recommend Pkgbackup as I dont like using programs that are gimped.

I need something that backs up everything, including hacked games, programs etc.

apesh1t

Banned
I put IOS 6.1.3 on yesterday, got so fed up of my phone crashing, specifically when i flipped up the camera. Also my ram was always exhausted, couldn't find a single thing that would fix it. I had it for ever on the 3GS and never had as much problem when I put this latest one on 4S.

Top Bottom