• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ipad pro 10.5 vs New Ipad 9.7 for gaming?

Ceadeus

Hi everyone, I'm interested by buying an Ipad very soon and I've been looking over the internet to find some kind of comparison between both model in term of gaming performance but never could find anything related to the games I'm sighting the most.

I won't be buying it exclusively for video games but it is my main focus to help me analysing their performance and how they do compare. For anyone who has one of those model and played Lineage 2 or Order and Chaos 2, I'm wandering if a simple 2017 Ipad 9.7 can achieve great performance(60fps or little less) for the price, or a 10.5 pro would be worth the money. With FF11 coming on iOS, i'm certainly interested ...

Is the regular 9.7(580$CAN) more than enough for futur proof gaming? Is the 10.5 pro(870$CAN) overkill and overpriced?

Pardon my English and thank you for helping me.

Last edited:

dcll

Banned
Buy used man, just this week I bought a 2nd gen 12.9" Pro for way cheaper than new. Apple products have one year warranties and no receipt needed or you dont have to be the original owner to get service

ReBurn

Gold Member
I have a 10.5 iPad Pro and it's excellent. One of the benefits I especially like is the HDR support for video. I'm glad I paid a bit more for the Pro. But I use it in place of a laptop.

I haven't played either of the games you mentioned, but it looks like they are free to download. I'm downloading them now and I'll update after I've had a chance to run them.

Edit:

I've played the opening episodes of each game. While they aren't my cup of tea they are quite beautiful and the performance seems rock solid on the 10.5 Pro. They sound really great as well.

Last edited:

Ceadeus

I have a 10.5 iPad Pro and it's excellent. One of the benefits I especially like is the HDR support for video. I'm glad I paid a bit more for the Pro. But I use it in place of a laptop.

I haven't played either of the games you mentioned, but it looks like they are free to download. I'm downloading them now and I'll update after I've had a chance to run them.

Edit:

I've played the opening episodes of each game. While they aren't my cup of tea they are quite beautiful and the performance seems rock solid on the 10.5 Pro. They sound really great as well.

Wow thank you for taking the time. I appreciate.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Wow thank you for taking the time. I appreciate.
No problem. The speakers in the pro show off how good the the audio is.

I took some screenshots but they're like 17 MB each and I can't find a host that will let me upload them.

ReBurn

Gold Member
It seems that the prime app doesn't have HDR. Daredevil season 2 episode 1 on Netflix looks absolutely brilliant, though

Top Bottom