• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPod muggings in Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manics

Banned
This happening in other cities?

"Getting mugged for your Air Jordans or Timberland boots is passé. This is the electronic age.

So hide those white iPod headphones that plug into the most popular electronics item today.

The portable music players can be hard to find in stores, but three robbers recently got their hands on one when they mugged a Toronto teenager who was wearing the signature white headphones."

Mugging you for your iPod

xsarien

daedsiluap
Using my black Sennheisers with my iPod has the fortunate side effect of people not knowing that I'm listening to one. Besides, the Apple buds are free for a reason, people. You've already broken the bank on an iPod, you may as well go full tilt and spend another $40 or so on a middle-of-the-road pair of Koss' or Sennheisers.

(Or Grados, if you don't mind walking around in public looking like a World War II radio operator.)

Juno

LIAR and a FELON
The white "iBuds" or whatever they're called are shit anyways.

Investing in some decent earphones and you'll be doing your ears a big favour.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I really don't get all the hate for the pack-ins. Maybe it's like the people that complain about music being 256 kbps instead of ripped with EAC and lame. Maybe I'm not listening super-closely, but it all sounds fine to me.

3 responses at once about the same thing. Funny!

Future conversation:

Mugger 1: What'dya get?
Mugger 2: 30 GB 3G. How about you?
Mugger 1: Another damn iShuffle.

AstroLad said:
I really don't get all the hate for the pack-ins. Maybe it's like the people that complain about music being 256 kbps instead of ripped with EAC and lame. Maybe I'm not listening super-closely, but it all sounds fine to me.

I just don't like the white-- plus I sprang for noice-cancellers a while ago, since I listen to music in pretty noisy places (city streets)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ignatz Mouse said:
I just don't like the white-- plus I sprang for noice-cancellers a while ago, since I listen to music in pretty noisy places (city streets)

Really? I walk through Manhattan and on the subway and you see the white headphones everywhere, myself included, and I have no prob w/ noise. That said, they're certainly far from ideal I agree, but they get the job done well enough, and since I previously invested several times in expensive headphones, all of which I disliked for various reasons, I just stuck w/ the pack-ins when I bought the iPod.

My noise-cancellers were a present to myself. It wasn't so much a "problem" but I did want better sound. They're very nice, cost me $60 or so, I think.

Manics

Banned
AstroLad said:

The pack-ins would be fine if they stayed in my ear. I dunno maybe my right ear is deformed but I have to constantly readjust them. I finally got so fed up and went out and bought the Sony MDR-EX71SL in-ear headphones. Finally I found a pair that works for me and actually STAYS in my ear!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom