• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is anyone waiting for Resi 4 PC... I mean WAITING

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Its hard not to realise that Resi 4 is one of the best games out, even though I'm totally boycotting it until the PC version comes out - better graphics, better controls, probably all the extras from the PS2.

Anyone else?

Solo

No, because even though I am a PC gamer more than console, I have both played the GC version, and know the PC version will be a half assed port.

MutFox

Banned
McBacon said:
Its hard not to realise that Resi 4 is one of the best games out, even though I'm totally boycotting it until the PC version comes out - better graphics, better controls, probably all the extras from the PS2.

Anyone else?
I got it for Gamecube, but yes, i'm waing too, hoping that MOD's will come out for it.
Multiplayer MOD FTW! (Mercenaries would rock)

bud

McBacon said:

Anyone else?

DMC3 ON THE PC LOOKS AND PLAYS AMAZING

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I am kinda waiting for it. As for the superior controls, if DMC3 is any indication RE4 will be fubar so I'll decide after I see the first impressions.

Bud said:
DMC3 ON THE PC LOOKS AND PLAYS AMAZING
You lying liar.

teiresias

The ONLY reason I'd consider purchasing this would be the possibility of native 1280x720 resolution support in a PC version . . . but I could have sworn I heard the PC version was cancelled too.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
According to Ubi's list of releases the game is still scheduled. It has been moved to the 13th of October, though.

Zenith

Banned
Ubisoft isn't making it, they're only the publisher. It's a problem on Sourcenext's end that has caused the delay.

It's a direct port of the PS2 version, not a magical port with PS2 extras and GC graphics. I bet you it doesn't even have mouse support.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Outrun 2006 on the PC was truly a gift, as console ports almost always suck. MotoGP series is always better on the PC as well (sans Live support).

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
8bit said:
Are you going to do the same for Dead Rising?

No, because

Dead Rising is on a 360, and although my PC is great, it's hardly better than a 360
Dead Rising is a fighting action game with a few guns, Resi 4 is a shooter mostly, I like shooting on a PC!
Dead Rising hasn't been announced for PC, Resi 4 has

teiresias

McBacon said:
No, because
Dead Rising is a fighting action game with a few guns, Resi 4 is a shooter mostly, I like shooting on a PC!

As I said above, the game is not built for a kb/ms interface, so I think you'd still end up wanting to play the game using either an 360 controller or some other console controller through a USB converter. The gameplay is completely geared toward playing with a console controller.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
1140086.jpg

"I been waiting"

Zenith

Banned
teiresias said:
And it shouldn't. I think the game would play like utter crap using kb/ms.

Obviously you've never played Cold Fear or Splinter Cell on the pc. I can not think of any reason why keyboard+mouse wouldn't work for re4.

Top Bottom