• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Assassin’s Creed still Assassin’s Creed?

tsumake

Back in the day I played through the first AC. I thought it was a nice extension of the Prince of Persia series. I liked the story until the ending which I felt was a little forced. I couldn’t get into AC2 because I thought the writing was obnoxious. I’ve read peripherally about each new release and it seems like the series has just wandered off into whatever’s fashionable.

I’m not going to ask about the quality of games. I just want to know: are AC games still derived from the first AC game or are they just doing its own thing, like the Fast and Furious movies? Is there even stealth in the games?

Saucy Papi

They're still derived from the first one but they've seen a big gameplay change with the last 3 (for the worse, in my opinion).

EDIT: In regards to stealth, it's essentially non-existent now.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Is BotW still the Legend of Zelda? Is The Phantom Pain still Metal Gear? Any IP spanning more than five years isn't going to resemble its origin point too terribly much. If nothing were to change, it would be stagnant. Also, it's okay to grow out of things or not like the direction something went. But as long as Ubisoft is making it and it's called Assassin's Creed, by definition, it's still Assassin's Creed. The developers decide what their property is. The only thing we can do is vote with our wallets.

As someone that thinks AC 2 is a top 25 all time game. And has been playing like 100 hours of AC Origins.....and also recently replaced his broken PS3...and has gone back to playing AC 1 & Brotherhood recently.

No.

They are completely different games. The originals were all about blending in, eavesdropping for story bits, being on a roof a ton, and walking around slowly when street level. Trying best to avoid any type of fight. It was also about learning history of the map and characters in-game. Parkour and figuring out what, how and where to climb

the new games are about COMBAT. Running around the map full speed. Usually NOT on a roof. Climbing anything and everything at will with little thought or effort. Its about pulling out ur stupid bird. Fighting animals. Shooting a sniper bow and arrow

Allforce

It lost me when I stopped playing an assassin and just became an action game where every enemy takes multiple stabs/slashes and keeps on trucking.

Laptop1991

No it isn't, stealth is useless in Valhalla, in Origin's you could equally use assassination, warrior and bow skills, in Odyssey, the warrior skills were more prominent and like i said in Valhalla, it's basically not there, however im playing the Witcher 3, i've never played it before this year and thats what Ubisoft copied right, left and center for the last 3 games, it's so blatant, so the answer to the OP is a 100 percent no, Assassin's Creed is nothing like AC anymore

Top Bottom