• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Banjo Tooie worth playing 23 years later if you loved Banjo Kazooie?

Is Banjo Tooie Worth Playing?

• Yes, it's even better than the original

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Yes, it's not as good as the original but still worth playing

Votes: 32 58.2%
  • No, it's a big step down and a waste of time

Votes: 14 25.5%

• Total voters

Rudius

I'd like to live in a different time-line in which these types of games were still dominant. Also, if I can dream, keep Rare with Nintendo and have Nintendo still releasing powerful consoles.

Not an answer to the question, but just something I wanted to say.

HofT

Banjo Tooie is an excellent game, if you treat it like an pseudo open-world adventure game with platforming, rather than a pure platformer.

The brilliance of the game comes from how the worlds are linked together; some Jiggies are not accessible until you do something in another world first.

Want all the Jiggies in World 8? Better thoroughly explore World 2 first. Want to even enter World 6? Go back to 5 and look around. It makes the Isle O' Hags feel like a place, rather than a hub world, and it's still pretty unique to this day.
If only the loading between worlds was made tolerable then most complaints wouldn't exist.

Its a piece of shit that has aged horribly. Banjo Kazooie was a perfectly balanced game. Tooie just added bigger maps that are worse than the original with tedious back tracking, asinine mini games and styles of play that did not had to be there. Was like adding the worst toppings you can think of on a perfectly fine pizza.
This. Do not waste your time on Banjo Tooie. Better just replay Banjo Kazooie, have you 100% that one?

Nico_D

Absolutely. It's better than the original. More complicated and bigger worlds, yes, but the puzzles and what you have to do to advance is pretty clever. It's very, very good.

Krathoon

Might be reading this wrong, but Conker’s Bad Fur Day is included with Rare Replay.
Yes. It has the original Conker. I don't remember if it also has the remake. The original Conker is missing the part where Conker cuts the N64 logo in half. Still, that is minor.
It is also running in HD resolution. It also has Jet Force Gemini in HD.

Last edited:
If you play it on a modern gaming machine with enhancements and 60fps you'll enjoy it fine.

On original hardware? Noooooooooooooooooooo.

Top Bottom