• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Closer the biggest duet of all time?

brawly

George-Michael-and-Elton-John-Don%27t-let-the-sun-go-down-on-me.jpg

George Michael, Elton John - Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me (Live)

Two all time greats.

azyless

britney_no.gif

It's not even a good song. No one will remember it in a couple of years. Hopefully the Chainsmokers as a whole disappear by then too.

diunxx

I don't even know the song the OP is referring to, for a second I thought he was talking about the NIN song.

Never heard of this song but I have heard of Dead Ringer for Love - MeatLoaf & Cher, the actual greatest karaoke duet song of all time.

MIMIC

Banned
It was a huge Hot 100 smash, but I wouldn't put it in the realm of "all-time."

EDIT: And I wouldn't even consider it a "duet." (even though technically it might be?)

Mariah and boyz 2 men's One Sweet Day owns it

Aint no mountain high enough

When you believe (whitney and mariah!!!)

Although One Sweet Day is probably the biggest duet objectively sales and duration wise

Just listened to that Closer song for the first time. What the fuck was THAT? Biggest duet of all time?!

So many bigger, better songs listed in this thread. Hell, even "Almost Paradise" by that dude from Loverboy (name escapes me) and Ann Wilson of Heart, is better.

CloudWolf

Don't Go Breaking My Heart and Paradise by the Dashboard Light are the biggest duets ever and no Chainsmokers song will change that.

Frodo

From the top of my head:

Ain't no Mountain High Enough
Endless Love
Tale as Old as Time
Time of My Life
Don't Go Breaking My Heart

All shit from a great height on Closer.

I could go on.

Top Bottom