• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is fruitcake bad or is it just a meme?

Do you like fruitcake?

• yes

• no

• oi bruv wut de fuk that be innit

Results are only viewable after voting.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I've had some pretty good fruitcake. Wasn't bad at all. Had some years ago... The bread was good and warm and soft. Great flavor.

Growing up Italian..Panettone was pretty common but wasnt a christmas thing..it was a "take out when guests come over or vice versa" thing. Also they were amazing, light , airy with sometimes a touch of amaretto. Great with coffee and milk.

67c9df878c6121d0da6c5f95b86e37f3.jpg

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Don’t quote me on this but I think they’re Roman Catholic.
The worst cult of all!
The most famous estimate is 56 million deaths, but a more critical examination would put Christianity's death toll at 9.064 to 28.734 million." However, if you widen responsibility to mean any mass atrocity caused by largely Christian societies regardless of motive [Like how atheist get blamed for the Great Leap Forward which caused half of communism's deaths even though the motivations were economic not anti-religious] then the death toll of Christianity would ascend to 82.069 to 106.734 million deaths.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I’m pretty sure I’ve always had gum drop cake and thought of it as a traditional fruit cake up until now.

I loved the shit out of gumdrop cake

Growing up Italian..Panettone was pretty common but wasnt a christmas thing..it was a "take out when guests come over or vice versa" thing. Also they were amazing, light , airy with sometimes a touch of amaretto. Great with coffee and milk.

67c9df878c6121d0da6c5f95b86e37f3.jpg

It's the same fruitcake we have here in Brazil. I love it, can't wait for Christmas, since it's the only time in year they are sold here.

Ar¢tos

It's the same fruitcake we have here in Brazil. I love it, can't wait for Christmas, since it's the only time in year they are sold here.
Lidl here is already selling Xmas food. They start mid October. I don't care much for the normal Panettone, but the chocolate one and the lemon one are great!

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
It's a dark cake with dried fruit, do you like a dark sweet cake? Do you like dried fruit? Do you like these things to gather?

VGEsoterica

There are two types of fruit cakes ; absolutely delicious artisan ones, and dumpster fire ones. It got a bad rap since 95% of all fruit cakes you will encounter are of the dumpster fire variety

Store bought is usually trash, but homemade stuff is decent 7.5/10....
But it makes a terrible gift. Like giving someone a Snuggie and Shake Weight as gifts 🎁

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
It's a love/hate type thing. I think it tastes like shit, while others think it's the greatest thing ever.

Mitsurux

Store bought ones can be meh to good. While higher quality/bakery ones can be great. It's sort of an acquired taste.

C4lukin2

Banned
Yeah fruitcake is not super good.

It exists and some people enjoy it.

But yeah, no reason to to get all hard for an average cake.

All of the various desserts, nobody was Into that..

They're delicious if freshly made at home, or from a decent bakery, but yeah, if most people's only experience of them is the mass produced processed crap in cheap food store chains, I'd get why they have a bad reputation.

Top Bottom