• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Hollywood a Bunch of Phonies?

Is Hollywood a Bunch of Phonies?

• Yes

Votes: 98 91.6%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's not that simple. Allow me to elaborate in the comments

Votes: 9 8.4%

• Total voters

CGNoire

A vast Majority of the Modern World communicates mostly via Hyperbole and Bullshit.

Carefull and precise use of Language has allowed us to reach heights as a species unimaginable without and most are actively throwing it away today in favor of power and attention.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Not a single vote for "no". Not a single contrarion among us, which I'd assumed was a guarantee in any online discourse.

You'd think Hollywood, with it's penchant for pushing narratives, would try to "correct" the public's opinion on this matter more successfully than they have.

DrFigs

I noticed this in threedom. Every actor mentioned in passing is someone's favorite actor on the podcast and actually amazing. It is a little odd.

AmuroChan

Every person is a hypocrite to some degree. The difference is, a Hollywood celeb can signal their virtues about climate change and wage inequality, and be worshipped by millions of low-IQ fans, while being the top 0.01% of income earner and globetrotting around the world in private jets.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Every person is a hypocrite to some degree. The difference is, a Hollywood celeb can signal their virtues about climate change and wage inequality, and be worshipped by millions of low-IQ fans, while being the top 0.01% of income earner and globetrotting around the world in private jets.
Yup.

And what do 99% of rich celebs and athletes do when they hit the big time?

They go on social media telling the world about injustices and respect thy neighbour. And of course that's AFTER they already bolted from the low income block or Joe Sixpack normal suburban neighbourhood they grew up in to a mansion on the outskirts of town on a giant plot of land with iron gates.

See ya later commoners!

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
A vast Majority of the Modern World communicates mostly via Hyperbole and Bullshit.

Carefull and precise use of Language has allowed us to reach heights as a species unimaginable without and most are actively throwing it away today in favor of power and attention.
Words are powerful. And most people are idiots who will believe anything. For example, if I sold something on ebay, I can label it many things:

- Used
- Pre-owned
- Vintage

I bet any money, most people's eyes will light up more at an item called Vintage. Even though all these words are completely interchangeable and subjective for a product that is not brand new.

Top Bottom