• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it me, or is this word unsearchable on GAF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
The word "make."

When I try to do a search for that word, I'm greeted by the familiar "the page cannot be displayed."

Why is this word being discriminated against? He's just as useful as the rest of his friends in Dictionaria.

MIMIC

Banned
Red Mercury said:
Nay

But I'm more curious what you were searching the word "make" for.

Nay as in "no, this word is searchable," or nay as in "it's not just me"? :)

I was trying to search on how to make something (which I thought would be posted here) and through process of elimination, it was the word "make" that was the culprit...putting a brick wall in my query.

MIMIC said:
Nay as in "no, this word is searchable," or nay as in "it's not just me"? :)

The former, not the later.
:D

The real question is why though? Google allows for a search of the word make. You get a very generalized list, but with more input you'd obviously get better results.

Actually, I should state that I never actually got an error message when searching GAF for "make". FireFox just reloads the same search page. Very strange.

Red Mercury said:
Actually, I should state that I never actually got an error message when searching GAF for "make". FireFox just reloads the same search page. Very strange.

Yeah, I just tried searching for "make" in Firefox and got the same result. Wacky.

MIMIC

Banned
I'm just glad I'm not the only one who gets something irregular. :)

I would have posted this earlier, but I just thought that the search function was offline or something (but stupid me didn't think to search for different words :lol)

Fifty

This doesn't make any sense. I think we've met our maker.

"Louie Anderson" is however searchable.

Let me make my departure from this thread.

Kon Tiki

Banned
That happens to me with other words. I think 'GOTY' or 'Halo' was one of those words. Either that or I am too tired to think.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
One thing I'd really like it a list of the "too common" words (excluding the obvious ones, like articles of speech or 3-character-or-less words) according to GAF's search engine, so that I know not to include them in my queries and have to wait 59 seconds to try again.

Are all prepositions too common?

slayn

needs to show more effort.
to add evidence to my theory, I just tried searching 'game' and got page can not be displayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom