• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it normal to still feel drunk after waking up?

Ihyll

I stupidly had about 9-11 shots of tequila last night in a span of about 2 hours.

Now I just woke up a while ago...I had about 6 hours of sleep ...headache is here so is an upset stomach and nausea. But I still somewhat feel drunk is this normal?

Jarate

Banned
I stupidly had about 9-11 shots of tequila last night in a span of about 2 hours.

Now I just woke up a while ago...I had about 6 hours of sleep ...headache is here so is an upset stomach and nausea. But I still somewhat feel drunk is this normal?

A shot is a drink

Your liver can generally process 1 drink an hour

So the answer is yes

SJRB

Gold Member
You think sleeping for a couple of hours magically makes all the alcohol in your blood disappear?

Sai-kun

Banned
It's definitely a thing. Maybe not normal but it happens especially after a lot of drinks. Hydrate and enjoy the last of your drunkenness before the mid day hangover kicks in!

Yeah, happens to me a few times. If you want to speed the process up now, and avoid it the next time you drink, like others have said water is crucial. The idea of not bothering with water while drinking will be beaten out of you with enough hangovers.

Yes, that's normal. Sleeping doesn't immediately get the alcohol out of your body or cause your body to process it magically.

You can also be dehydrated and other feelings contributing to drunkenness.

When I drink I usually get up early the next day, it's just a weird habit of mine especially when on vacation so there have been times where I've been pretty shitty at night, and gotten up like 4 hours later and still definitely felt it. for me I usually just pound a lot of water, eat a small breakfast, take 2 ibuprofen, and usually exercise, and once I shower and stuff I feel better.

To stop being groggy, just take 600mg of ibuprofen, drink a bit of water, and then fall back asleep. You're not drunk, OP. If you do that you'll feel fine in an hour or two.

TaterTots

Banned
You could still be a little drunk or possibly just hung over. Drink a lot of water or Gatorade and take a couple of Ibuprofen.

Poppy

shit if you think that's something try edibles. you'll go to sleep stoned, wake up stoned, and not sober up until that afternoon

With what you are describing in your OP, yes it's normal. Stay hydrated and try to eat to make the feeling a bit better.

Here's a idea OP: take another shot and chug a beer. It works wonders!
not actually serious bro

I usually get better by 2pm or 3pm after some heavy drinking the night before lol. Even then i still feel way out of it so my whole day is pretty much done.

Just remember to drink alot of water once you get up and keep some water bottles by your bed.

chadtwo

Of course. How often do you drink?

Now, what's much rarer and in some ways even worse is waking up still high.

zer0das

Banned
I feel like most the drinking questions on GAF could be answered with: Yes, if you are a drunk. Is everyone on this forum an alcoholic? I'm pretty sure I have an alcohol allergy and after drinking one beer I'm pretty much done. So the fact that we have like 5+ threads a week of "if I do this stupid thing with alcohol, will I feel bad" is kind of surreal to me. Especially since people have usually already done the stupid thing and already feel bad.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
No worse feeling than waking up early for work and still being a little fucked up. That was the last time I drank to excess on a weeknight

hughesta

Banned
yep, it can be a great feeling when you have nothing to do the next day when you and pals wake up and it's like oh shit lol we fucked up

otherwise though it's not good, and drinking that much in general ain't good so drink some water and pray to whatever god you believe in

LoveCake

Time is the only way to sober up.

I stopped getting drunk when I was in my early twenty's, there is no point imo, costs too much money and it's getting quite dangerous now as well.

MCN

Banned
I feel like most the drinking questions on GAF could be answered with: Yes, if you are a drunk. Is everyone on this forum an alcoholic? I'm pretty sure I have an alcohol allergy and after drinking one beer I'm pretty much done. So the fact that we have like 5+ threads a week of "if I do this stupid thing with alcohol, will I feel bad" is kind of surreal to me. Especially since people have usually already done the stupid thing and already feel bad.

Some people like things that you don't like.

The Lamp

Why don't people know to drink pedialyte or Gatorade before bed?

Take some ibuprofen and pedialyte/Gatorade and lie down. Wake up to vomit if needed. Sleep it off. You're probably still drunk AND hungover.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
The question is really: is it normal to have 11 shots in two hours

Top Bottom