• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it okay to use the handicap stall if you're not handicapped?

Phu

Banned
I personally don't. I don't see why you'd want to use it anyway.

Not enough room to racquet ball in the regular stalls. Plus, it's always at the end of the restroom so you have a solid wall and don't have to use the rattly and noisy door.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
And I don't know why people prefer it. The last thing I want is more open space while I drop the kids off at the pool. I prefer the nestled arrangement of a normal stall.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
I use it when I drive my dad somewhere who is missing a leg and legally blind at 75. I don't have a handicap sign.

I use rhe handicap bathroom at the gym, they're cleaner and how many handicapped people are going to a gym..

Am handicapped and need the handrails often.

It's fine, it's not reserved. Only a real issue if you were somehow in a work situation with a person who very explicitly needed it and there are a ton of stalls.

Hazmat

They're accessible to handicapped, not exclusive to handicapped.

Yes. It's just math. At my old office one of the three stalls for the whole floor was a handicap stall. One third of us aren't handicapped, it would be absurd for us to have never used it on the off chance a handicapped man was visiting and needed it.

NH Apache

Banned
I stink it up something fierce too. No mercy

xaXT9dr.jpg

Strike first strike hard

Kyuur

If it's not a stall destroying emergency I would think you should wait the minute it takes for one to free up.

igotgame1075

Neo Member
I routinely seek them out, they are normally cleaner and roomier then the normal ratchet stalls. Plus, I have an autoimmune disease so I guess i'm technically handicapped..

I once used it and came out to find a handicapped person waiting on it. I just pretended to limp off and avoided all eye contact; no harm no foul.

Plus that stall has it's own vanity mirror and sink! Closest thing to one of 'em fancy VIP toilets they have in the executive suites.

Anustart

Not once in my life have I exited the handicap stall and had a handicap person waiting. Nor have I seen a handicap person exit the stall.

I like the extra space, I shit in it exclusively.

I do. Regular stalls sometimes aren't wide enough so fuck yeah imma take advantage and use when no handicapped person is there

ChouGoku

I once used the handicapped toilet at the beach cause it has a shower inside and i can change privately. I was in there for about 15 minutes and when I came out there was a guy in a wheelchair just waiting outside the door. Dunno how long he was waiting but he didn't look happy. I ran like a muthafucka.

LMAO! I use handicapped stalls quite often and never has this happened to me.

Ok because I'm so damn tired and feeling stupid I thought I'd share the thoughts rolling around in my head for a minute. This is how I was interpreting the thread -

Is it OK to park in a handicap stall to go use the restroom somewhere?

I kept thinking to myself, well you're an asshole if you're parking in that spot in the first place... Then I started wondering why you'd do that, then realization eventually hit me.

I basically had a dog phone moment.

I pretty much use the handicapped stall as my first choice. I mean it's not like I'd race a guy in a wheelchair for it or something, though. But if it's a relatively not-busy public restroom I go for it first. I'm really tall and it's the most comfortable and roomiest stall.

Like others have said it's handicapped accessible not handicapped reserve.

I sit in the handicapped seats on the metro, too because they have the most leg room but I'd of course immediately surrender it to someone who legitimately needed it.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Being handicapped entitles you to having an accessible restroom space. It doesn't exempt you from having to wait for anything ever.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Not one dude in my office is handicapped. There is, however, a handicapped stall that has a ton of extra legroom and extra privacy. If it's open, I'm taking it.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Handicap stalls are a requirement for most places. Most places do not have handicap people that are using the stall.

This I will always default to the big and luxurious handicap stall.

TaterTots

Banned
Recently, I had to go pretty badly. All the stalls were being used so I went to the handicap one. 2 mins into my poo I hear someone say, "who is in my office?" I became flustered and announced that I was basically done, the person laughed and said he doesn't care. I came out and he was sitting there waiting. As I washed my hands he talked shit about our jobs while he took a poop.

Wait the big ones are handicapped? They're never marked. I used them all the time at school cause there was more space to put down my backpack.

daviyoung

Banned
I think it was on a Gervais show (maybe Extras) where he runs into the disabled toilet for a cheeky dump because it's the only one free and when he comes out there's a huge line of angry people in wheelchairs. Cracked me up.

As someone that has wheelchair bound family members, there's no special rules to the bathroom. Obviously it's annoying if someone takes an exceptionally long time, but being in a wheelchair doesn't mean being privileged. People are generally nice if the line is long because they know they'll have a chance to use a regular spot faster than the handicap one.

Handicap parking spots are designed to help people who have limited stamina reach the store or give those with mobility devices to get in and out of their car. It's a pain in the ass to load and unload a wheelchair in a regular spot.

Greddleok

At my old work I used the handicapped room exclusively. It was always free and always clean.

I don't get the big deal of making someone wait, everyone has to wait for a shit at some point.

You people are animals. They're clearly meant for the handicapped.

The Women's bathroom is also marked but I don't see any of you guys using them either when you need to go...

To make matters worse; when fully able people use the handicapped toilet, they are usually shitting.

Top Bottom