• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it time for the return of the Duke? Xbox Controllers are too small..

PhaseJump

Banned
I bought a Hyperkin Duke when Halo MCC came to Steam. I noticed the last time I used it that whatever game I was playing had the right stick controlling the camera and it kept drifting to the left easily. I didn't check to see if the controller is dying or not since I haven't touched my Xbox in weeks.

Fitzchiv

I mean joking aside, I wasn't suggesting the exact Duke be resurrected - although that Hyperkin looks sweet - but it seems I'm not the only one who thinks the controller sizes, Xbox in particular, have gone a bit too small. The elite 2 has come up a couple of times and I think my overall impression of that controller is for the money you pay it's maybe not quite worth it, especially when you factor in that for some of us the ergonomics just aren't a good fit.

Daft comparison I know, but if I can buy different sizes of RayBans then why can't I buy different sizes of controller? We're talking slightly different mould sizes for the housing, everything else is the same

Trimesh

Banned
No. I got the OG Xbox with those controllers and swapped over to the controller S as soon as it was released. The oversized ones were relegated to player 3/4 use until it started enough fights that I got 4 of the S controllers and nobody had to use the original controller unless they wanted to (which, to be fair, there were a few people that did).

SkylineRKR

I liked the Duke. I just hated the face buttons and placement of the b/w buttons. I had a Duke SKU, and bought an S day one with it. I still used the duke now and then. It felt comfy, and the D-pad was easier on the hands. I dunno, there was something about playing Halo 1 with the Duke controller. Perhaps because its how I played it on the demo pods way back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom