• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it weird that I thought Master Hand was Glover?

Takao

Banned
When I was a kid I thought Master Hand was really Glover because every other character in Super Smash Bros. was a video game character and he was a glove thing.

s3n6u.jpg

Was I alone in this thought?

Bentendo

I actually thought the same thing! I didn't really realize that all of the characters in the game were owned by Nintendo though (I was young).

I didn't think that, but I just wanted to say that glover is hands down (lol) the worst game I have played in my 25+ years of gaming.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Never heard of Glover until now, LoL, but I can understand why you'd think that. You're not crazy, OP

Het_Nkik

I always thought Master Hand was the kid playing with all the Nintendo toys' hand after he ran out of figures to beat each other up with.

Because I could pick up on context.

I always assumed master hand was just some random dude who liked watching nintendo characters duke it out by making trophies after watching the intros from ssb, ssbm, and pit's subspace emissary intro in brawl

zroid

Banned
I always assumed master hand was just some random dude who liked watching nintendo characters duke it out by making trophies after watching the intros from ssb, ssbm, and pit's subspace emissary intro in brawl

Canonically, I believe this is correct :p

Sakurai is pretty weird, man

MarkusRJR

I remember buying Glover for PC as a kid and it never worked. It glitched out and there was no environment showing (only glover) I spent like thirty minutes going around trying to get something to happen as I aimlessly walked into walls. It was like 9fps and then suddenly crashed. That was the same month my brother and me were given an N64. I think I still have the disc somewhere too. I might toss it in if it's any good...

I honestly always through it was a kid playing make-believe. 64's intro make's that pretty clear.

They should've made the kid's desk a level. Or have a generic stadium that slowly turns into the desk as the fight goes on. Maybe the next one will address that.

Platy

I actually thought the same thing! I didn't really realize that all of the characters in the game were owned by Nintendo though (I was young).

Third! XD

THIS is weird !

...how old were you guys in 1999 ?

I were 13 and the fact that it was an ALL NINTENDO game was the main reason I was hyped when I saw the cover on the rent store

Ah the good old days where you only found that a game existed when you saw the game for rent xD

edit :

I honestly always through it was a kid playing make-believe. 64's intro make's that pretty clear.

They should've made the kid's desk a level. Or have a generic stadium that slowly turns into the desk as the fight goes on. Maybe the next one will address that.

Make believe toys > all that crap "trophy = death" from subspace

Recall

I always thought it was a little boy playing with his Nintendo trophies and in his imagination is where they came to life and duked it out. The final stage was just a personification of him playing with his toys.

It's weird that you made a thread for this question instead of posting it in the Dumb Gaming Questions thread.

(I wish that were true, but most GAF threads are about silly stuff like this.)

Top Bottom