• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is PSN Down?

BibiMaghoo

I can't connect to EA servers on BF4 right now. Can't do anything in the menu other than campaign. My connection is tested on the console and fine. (UK here)

Having problems downloading the Sonic racing game.
e5YuU.gif

Tried to play online CoD on PS4, getting a message saying that I need PS+ which I have. PS4 store won't open at all, and none of the web content on the PSD pulls up (what's new section, tiles below each game). Every thing works fine on my PS3 though.

pelican

Jesus Sony, please don't tell me it is going to be November all over again.

A lot of people will be getting PS4 consoles tomorrow. Preparations should have been made.

JSoup

Banned
I'm currently logged in from my system and the store works fine, if not crazy slow. The website, however, keeps crapping out.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Sony should somehow set it up so that if there are PSn issues he you can still play online - eg default the PS+ authentication to allow online if it can't connect

Pimpwerx

My PS4 just arrived. Been getting tons of error messages from PSN. I called tech support and he confirmed PSN is down for maintenance. What the fuck, Sony? Christmas Eve you have maintenance? Not even late night, either. Ugh.

Worst of all, it gave me those error messages while I was redeeming my PS+ membership. The tech guy said it updated my account properly, but I have no way of knowing until their shit network is working again, and by that time, customer service might be closed. I'm pretty fucking annoyed right now. PEACE.

Hixx

My PS4 just arrived. Been getting tons of error messages from PSN. I called tech support and he confirmed PSN is down for maintenance. What the fuck, Sony? Christmas Eve you have maintenance? Not even late night, either. Ugh.

Worst of all, it gave me those error messages while I was redeeming my PS+ membership. The tech guy said it updated my account properly, but I have no way of knowing until their shit network is working again, and by that time, customer service might be closed. I'm pretty fucking annoyed right now. PEACE.

I doubt it's scheduled maintenance. Sucks that it's tonight as I was going to have a FUT binge, but shit happens :(

Also I had the same problem with PS+ on EU launch day. It will be fine :)

That blows for all the people who are just cracking open their ps4's. Cmon sony this shit is amateur hour. You should know what was going to happen.

Fnord

Sony should somehow set it up so that if there are PSn issues he you can still play online - eg default the PS+ authentication to allow online if it can't connect

Some industrious hacker would find a way to exploit that, I'm sure.

Fnord

Well, the choices were to keep it up and broken or take it down for maintenance and fix it. I'm guessing they made the right choice.

After having no such issues on xbox live at launch or even today i really hope that sony is using their new paywall to upgrade their servers...this is crap

system11

Annoyingly broken for me, apparently I'm not a PS+ subscriber anymore which causes Ghosts to actually lock up. Nice bug.

Top Bottom