• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is the US Xbox 360 110-240 volt compatible

acidviper

Banned
Can anyone check their brick or their 360 for the voltage rating on a US 360?

I'm in 220 volt land and I want to play US region games.

Argyle

Judging by the people holding signs at Zero Hour that said "International users: see me for power supply"...no.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Argyle said:
Judging by the people holding signs at Zero Hour that said "International users: see me for power supply"...no.

But that implies that you could purchase a US system and a europe power supply?

Edit:
In that case, now they need to sell the PSU seperate.

123rl

I know someone in the UK using a US 360 with a 300w stepdown. It's been fine so far. That's probably the easiest option because the PSU isn't multi-voltage

callous

Suikoguy said:

Yeah. No reason why it shouldn't unless they for some reason make the actual plastic a different shape. I highly doubt that. Works for all other consoles with external PSU's.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Suikoguy said:

Edit:
In that case, now they need to sell the PSU seperate.

Because Zero Hour was hosting many international gamers, Microsoft made non-U.S. power supplies available at the event. I don't think, under normal circumstances, you could just walk into a store and buy a PSU for the system like you would a controller.

xsarien said:
Because Zero Hour was hosting many international gamers, Microsoft made non-U.S. power supplies available at the event. I don't think, under normal circumstances, you could just walk into a store and buy a PSU for the system like you would a controller.

store.nintendo.com ?

xsarien

daedsiluap
jamesinclair said:
store.nintendo.com ?

Unless I'm missing something that's pretty apparent, Microsoft's XBox site doesn't have an online store. If importing a system and getting a PSU is the route you want to take, you'd likely have to contact customer support or something.

callous

xsarien said:
Unless I'm missing something that's pretty apparent, Microsoft's XBox site doesn't have an online store. If importing a system and getting a PSU is the route you want to take, you'd likely have to contact customer support or something.

I can't imagine it'd be too difficult to get a hold of. "Hi, I lost my PSU, where can I buy a new one?" should do the trick.

xsarien

daedsiluap
callous said:
I can't imagine it'd be too difficult to get a hold of. "Hi, I lost my PSU, where can I buy a new one?" should do the trick.

I'm not saying it'd be hard, implausible, or outright impossible. Just a damned hassle. :p

(But really, how do you lose something that big?) ;)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
but then MS are selling machines to non-US customers that will only play US games. Thats a bit odd. Why not sell them European/Japanese units? Surely they'd be able to have a few boxes around?

xsarien said:
I'm not saying it'd be hard, implausible, or outright impossible. Just a damned hassle. :p

(But really, how do you lose something that big?) ;)

You could say you were moving and it got lost somewhere.

Or of course, that you donated it to a shelter to help with winter heating.

Top Bottom