• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there a reason why Australia has the most deadliest creatures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poona

I'd bet on a saltwater croc over everything on that list save some of the bigger bears, tbh. It's kinda hard to beat being a six-fucking-metre long armoured amphibious death machine.

Alligators can also get quite big, and they're found in the US.

This. The isolation, plus the climate.

I live in Victoria (south), so we have way less deadly shit down here. I feel sorry for the guys in Far North. They have way more shit to worry about. Jellyfish, salt water crocs, snakes etc that we dont see here at all.

I used to live in South Australia and we had brown snakes, redbacks and Great Whites to contend with. Then moved to Cairns and there were the jellyfish and crocs to worry about. They are about even. Since I did quite a few scuba dives in South Australia I was more afraid of the sharks than anything around Cairns though.

The Hermit

The only massive spider an average Australian will see is the Huntsman and aside from being fast when trying to catch the buggers, they are harmless. Heck, a spider I'm pretty sure was a baby huntsman fell on my face last night when playing 3DS in bed. No bites and the thing was off before I could react. If it hadn't hit my eyelash I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have even

Heck, a spider I'm pretty sure was a baby huntsman fell on my face last night when playing 3DS in bed.

Heck, a spider fell on my face

Yeah nope

Darren870

But then again how do I know some of you aren't a fucking spider behind the computer?

We're not here to fuck spiders.

Everyone names snakes and spiders, but always forgets the sea animals. Shark attacks are on the news here every few weeks. Then you got massive crocs and little fucking jelly fish that will take you out in a second.

In other places at least you can see what's coming as it hunts you. Doesn't work like that here though. You walk into its path and it just fucks you up.

Our ancestors killed that?! Jeezus, Cave man were real life monster hunters.

Not necessarily directly, it could have died off due to being out completed for food (big critters require lots of food). Humans also probably hunted something like that in groups and by injuring it and then waiting until it was too hurt /tired to be threatening, when your main advantages are stamina and tool use your hunting methods seem a bit cruel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom