• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there any possibility of a SPYRO 4 announcement by ACTIVISION?

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Skylanders reboot.

Queen Laughing GIF

squarealex

The Remake of Spyro Trilogy is maybe one is the best remake with Nitro Fueled.. (very better than the shitty remake of Crash Trilogy)..

So yeah, I hope new Spyro Game is in developpement, but... Crash 4 is a bad game, so I also a bit fear...

Skylanders reboot.

Queen Laughing GIF

Pls no, I don't want to buy all those figures lol

The Remake of Spyro Trilogy is maybe one is the best remake with Nitro Fueled.. (very better than the shitty remake of Crash Trilogy)..

So yeah, I hope new Spyro Game is in developpement, but... Crash 4 is a bad game, so I also a bit fear...

I got Spyro Trilogy off a Steam sale. I have to play it someday lol

Drizzlehell

Banned
Toys For Bob have been sent down to Call of Duty sweatshops after Crash 4 didn't sell gajillion copies, so it's even less likely that we're gonna see a Spyro sequel. Crash was the more popular character so if he didn't manage to bring enough revenue to satisfy Bobby's lust for money, then don't expect anything else resembling a normal video game out of Activision ever again.

yurinka

They are busy working on CoD, which gives them a gazillion times more money than Spyro.

But if acquired by MS, I assume MS will want to milk all their moderately decent IPs, so maybe some day we'll see another Spyro, yes. But in a MS fashion, they'll have to find a way to turn it into a GaaS MP even if it's a mascot game. See the recent Crash game as an example.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Possible, yes, once the merger goes through and MS start churning out new games from their newly acquired IP.

Will probably be as "that was okay" as Crash 4 but I don't care, I want it so badly.

Del_X

Microsoft seems like they want more kids games, especially if they add more family options. I think it would be a good, modest-cost add to game pass.

What was wrong with the Crash Trilogy ? Crash 4 was a bad game? Highly disagree and from I know most people loved it.

But yes, Spyro Trilogy was excellent.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
What was wrong with the Crash Trilogy ? Crash 4 was a bad game? Highly disagree and from I know most people loved it.

$10 says the remake was bad because the platforms had "slippy edges" and because Crash 4 was too hard.

Last edited:

wvnative

The physics in the crash remake were busted. Game was way harder as a result and not in a good way.

Spyro was overall much better, but not perfect. But Toys for Bob is clearly a much more talented dev than Vicarious visions.

No idea why one wouldn't like Crash 4, other than maybe the levels being too long. Crash 4 was the best thing out of this crash/spyro resurgance

tmlDan

No, Spyro doesn't sell its not a priority for ABK and likely not for MS either, especially if it's not on PS.

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
While the Remastered original Crash games were great, Crash 4 was terrible. The game just felt awful and just wasn't as good as the originals. Why do you think we got the recently released awful Crash Bash type game that literally noone wanted?

The Spyro Reignited Trilogy was excellent, and a new Spyro game would be awesome! I thought there were rumors a year or so back that they were in full development of a Spyro 4..??

squarealex

The remastering of the soundtrack sucks. Crash 1's controls are different and less "glide". The artistic direction has nothing to do with the originals which were much more "cartoon" way Looney Toons / Tex Avery. All SFX is meh (warp-zone ball sound is hilarious bad)

The PS1 versions are still very good to see and hold up well today.

TL;DR: Fucking soulless with low budget remake.

For Crash 4, level are too long and too hard (15 minutes for a fking level? seriously?), direction art and chara-design is pretty bad.
Really a very bad platformer. (Enemies hard to spot due to backgrounds/colors, bad jumping precision, bad hitbox, box you can't see with 0 clue, completion sickness with stupid Wumpa / Diamonds completion rate). The only reward...boring skins.

Challenge are very NOT fun is this game... because is bad plateformer and devs don't know SOME BASICS you put in a plateformer game.

The Wrath of Cortex is a BETTER Crash 4 than "this"

Now, I'm very surprising is Toys for Boys (they doing Spyro Trilogy) have made Crash 4 and is very bad.

Last edited:
The remastering of the soundtrack sucks. Crash 1's controls are different and less "glide". The artistic direction has nothing to do with the originals which were much more "cartoon" way Looney Toons / Tex Avery. All SFX is meh (warp-zone ball sound is hilarious bad)

The PS1 versions are still very good to see and hold up well today.

TL;DR: Fucking soulless with low budget remake.

For Crash 4, level are too long and too hard (15 minutes for a fking level? seriously?), direction art and chara-design is pretty bad.
Really a very bad platformer. (Enemies hard to spot due to backgrounds/colors, bad jumping precision, bad hitbox, box you can't see with 0 clue, completion sickness with stupid Wumpa / Diamonds completion rate). The only reward...boring skins.

Challenge are very NOT fun is this game... because is bad plateformer and devs don't know SOME BASICS you put in a plateformer game.

The Wrath of Cortex is a BETTER Crash 4 than "this"

Now, I'm very surprising is Toys for Boys (they doing Spyro Trilogy) have made Crash 4 and is very bad.
I disagree with all of this, but ok.

xrnzaaas

I'd buy it. Loved the trilogy - fun beautiful games and they didn't try to make me break the controler like with Crash.

Unknown?

Crash 4 wasn't a bad game but no where near as good as the originals. It was like Wrath of Cortex(minus bad loading), I enjoyed it but it was clearly inferior.

Even if they were taken away from COD, they just don't have the talent to make a good Spyro 4.

The Alien

Banned
Yes!!!

But won't happen until after MS completes the acquisition. I'd definitely expect it to happen as XBox needs kid friendly games (for game diversity). Id also bet it'd be exclusive.

gundalf

I'd buy it. Loved the trilogy - fun beautiful games and they didn't try to make me break the controler like with Crash.
I still can't get over how ridiculously good the trilogy looks on Switch and even ran super smooth!
Such great comfort games.

Holammer

I just learned Spyro & Elora will be playable in Season 3 of Crash Team Rumble.
There's a four page digital comic on the Toys for Bob site.

Spyro's player model seems to be lifted straight from Spyro Trilogy. But Elora and a few others assets are reworked from the ground up. She looks less derpy and dare I say? Even sexed-up, even if the new model hides her hairy crotch. Could these be assets developed for Spyro 4?

oGBd8NT.jpg

Spyro's player model seems to be lifted straight from Spyro Trilogy. But Elora and a few others assets are reworked from the ground up. She looks less derpy and dare I say? Even sexed-up, even if the new model hides her hairy crotch. Could these be assets developed for Spyro 4?

oGBd8NT.jpg

I hope so too but I also hope it's not a Skylander game

Drizzlehell

Banned

oGBd8NT.jpg

Eh. I don't get my hopes up. Would be great if true but probably a stretch.

yurinka

Now MS bought them I assume they'll want to use the ABK IPs, specially CoD, Warcraft, Candy Crush or Starcraft.

Maybe not Spyro, unless they find a way to turn it into a GaaS and maybe release it on mobile too, or something like that to make it generate more revenue than it did in the past. But well, their recent devs as I remember are busy working on CoD.

Last edited:
It won't be a priority for sure. But maybe.

Same thing for me with MediEvil. I would love to play MediEvil 2 remake. No news in sight whatsoever unfortunately. Which is a bummer.

Top Bottom