• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there any possibility of Ys Seven ever getting a console port?

Methos#1975

Playing through all the PS4 releases now, it really strikes me as odd that this hasn't gotten a port or remaster. Any chance it might, especially with the Anniversary coming up?

Thief1987

In one of interviews Kondo said that they want to bring older ys games to modern consoles. So maybe we will see them someday.

Last edited:
I didn't realise they never ported that to console, since it's on PC I assumed they must have put out a console version. They should get on that.

I could never get into the game though. I liked the previous three Ys games and Ys 8, but not so much Seven and I never played Memories of Celceta. Party system doesn't add much in practice until there's more character individuality imo.

NahaNago

This a series I keep telling myself I'm going to get into. Went ahead and downloaded the first one I'll try it out when I wake up.

Vlodril

Got premium and the first game i tried is monstrum nox. I did try one of the older ones on pc but it didn't do it for me. Monstrum seems nice so far.

SpiceRacz

If you have a Series X, you can install PPSSPP and play it upscaled in higher resolution. This is the game on my 55" TV in my office. Looks pretty clean.

WziC8IX.jpg

Better just play Oath in Felghana, Origin or Lacrimose of Dana imo...

Did anyone else here play 9? I really didn't like that one. Felt like they wanted to make it a Trails game and spread the gameplay super thin. People complained about interruptions in 8 but 9 is literally just interruptions with occasional gameplay sections lol

Graciaus

I didn't realise they never ported that to console, since it's on PC I assumed they must have put out a console version. They should get on that.

I could never get into the game though. I liked the previous three Ys games and Ys 8, but not so much Seven and I never played Memories of Celceta. Party system doesn't add much in practice until there's more character individuality imo.
Celceta improves on Seven it's worth a try. The party system imo makes the games a lot easier overall.

Top Bottom