• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is this OLED TV deal too good to be true? (LG OLED65E6P $2,799)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyzer

Banned
idk...high end TVs do tend to have a bigger profit margin that could be slashed more, the question is whether or not this seller really has access to these products and is selling them at discounts without getting in trouble

NYR

I have this TV. It's the best TV of 2016 IMO. The B6 is very similar but this one has a way better design and has advanced internals, as well as 3D support. Actually, the best 3D TV ever made, shame it is dead.

Buy it.

Cappa

Banned
I bought a 55" C6P from Echo & Optics on eBay for ~$1500. Shipped to me in under a week in perfect condition. It's a risk because LG can deny a warranty to TVs sold by unauthorized resellers... iElectrica is not an LG authorized online reseller and you probably would not get warranty coverage.

http://www.lg.com/us/authorizeddealers/lg_online_authorized_retailers
Hmm

ielectrica(7359)
100.0% Positive Feedback
The following companies are not authorized to sell LG products:
Abe's of Maine
Adorama.com
Audiovideonation.com
Bestbuypcs.com
Big Box Superstore
Bigboxsuperstore.com
Buysquad.com
BuyUSA.com
Cleveland Plasma
Cliffsdeals.com
East Coast TV's
Echo-and-optics
Fivestarbuy.com
Gear4less.com
Greystoneappliances.com
Groupon.com
Ibuysonline.com
Ielectrica
Joe's AV
Nice Electronics
Plamabuddy.com
Techforless.com
Thenerds.net
TVsuperstores.com
Universe-deals
Wholesale-connection.com

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Thanks for the opinions. This one is a set my Father has been eyeing for a while. He usually only deals with local retailers unless it's something from Amazon.com. When it comes to TVs he usually only wants to deal with local retailers, so I'm hesitant to mention this one to him for that reason, however, the price is really good.

I've seen lower from Pauls TVs and East Coast TVs, but.. I just don't trust them at all.

Nugg

It's an amazing deal, and I would jump on it myself if it was available outside the US

Edit: Beware of the warranty thing posted above me though.

I buy shit from eBay often. That guy has perfect feedback and is a top seller. I'm pretty sure I have the 55" from him on watch when I can aff D it.

I dunno about LG warranties or anything like that, but as far as asking if this deal is legit, it is.

Darklor01

Hmm

The following companies are not authorized to sell LG products:
Abe's of Maine
Adorama.com
Audiovideonation.com
Bestbuypcs.com
Big Box Superstore
Bigboxsuperstore.com
Buysquad.com
BuyUSA.com
Cleveland Plasma
Cliffsdeals.com
East Coast TV's
Echo-and-optics
Fivestarbuy.com
Gear4less.com
Greystoneappliances.com
Groupon.com
Ibuysonline.com
Ielectrica
Joe's AV
Nice Electronics
Plamabuddy.com
Techforless.com
Thenerds.net
TVsuperstores.com
Universe-deals
Wholesale-connection.com

Hrmmm indeed. He'd want a warranty. I guess I may have to hold off on it. The price is so good.. but I guess there are reasons for that.

Cappa

Banned
Hrmmm indeed. He'd want a warranty. I guess I may have to hold off on it. The price is so good.. but I guess there are reasons for that.
If you're dad is real anal about those things but I don't ever recall having to use a warranty on a television anyway.

Any thing is possible but the price is great and maybe you can get warrant from a third party? Idk I've personally have had good luck with all my TV sets and never have had to use factory warranty

Darklor01

If you're dad is real anal about those things but I don't ever recall having to use a warranty on a television anyway.

Any thing is possible but the price is great and maybe you can get warrant from a third party? Idk I've personally have had good luck with all my TV sets and never have had to use factory warranty

He's over 70 and a bit old school with this kind of thing. I tossed him an Email telling him about the No Warranty thing, and other details. I'll let him decide. :D I appreciate all the comments.

KevinG

I've heard good things about ielectrica.

I bought my B6 from a similar eBay deal from a similar company at the end of February, and it arrived with a faulty panel (slightly bent/broken in shipment or a factory lemon).

Thankfully, LG covered the panel under their warranty and the company I bought the set from refunded me $250 for my troubles. So my "Is this too good to be true?" B6 at $1400 became a slight hassle, but for a B6 at $1100. I would've never been able to get this set under any other circumstances, and the company I bought it from could not replace it, only fully refund it, which is why I opted for the LG repair and partial refund.

Just know there are risks. Read the fine print, and know that LG's Customer Service is top notch, or at least it was for me.

The B6 is an absolute show stopper, and OLED has changed my viewing habits significantly. The E6 deal looks incredible.

Darklor01

I've heard good things about ielectrica.

I bought my B6 from a similar eBay deal from a similar company at the end of February, and it arrived with a faulty panel (slightly bent/broken in shipment or a factory lemon).

Thankfully, LG covered the panel under their warranty and the company I bought the set from refunded me $250 for my troubles. So my "Is this too good to be true?" B6 at $1400 became a slight hassle, but for a B6 at $1100. I would've never been able to get this set under any other circumstances, and the company I bought it from could not replace it, only fully refund it, which is why I opted for the LG repair and partial refund.

Just know there are risks. Read the fine print, and know that LG's Customer Service is top notch, or at least it was for me.

The B6 is an absolute show stopper, and OLED has changed my viewing habits significantly. The E6 deal looks incredible.

I've updated my Email to my father with all the positives you guys are mentioning so he knows "actual people" have bought from them and shared experience.

nillapuddin, personally, for $50, I would do the swap. That's me. I'd put aside my feelings about the soundbar, but.. that's just me.

molnizzle

Thanks for the quick hitters, yeah I literally just bought a B6 for like $50 less yesterday.

Quick help GAF, am I good or should I try and figure out a swap?

I don't like the idea of the soundbse on the bottom though.. Ugh.

This is why I'm not interested in anything but the B or C series in the 2016 line. Then again the C6 is curved, so...

The actual panels are identical across the entire line, the only difference is the sound bar, the bezel and 3D. I happen to think the glass bezel looks like shit anyway. Also fuck 3D.

B6 reign supreme imo.

nillapuddin

This is why I'm not interested in anything but the B or C series in the 2016 line. Then again the C6 is curved, so...

The actual panels are identical across the entire line, the only difference is the sound bar, the bezel and 3D. I happen to think the glass bezel looks like shit anyway. Also fuck 3D.

B6 reign supreme imo.

Fuck yeah, that's the kinda confidence I need to hear

I bought a 55" C6P from Echo & Optics on eBay for ~$1500. Shipped to me in under a week in perfect condition. It's a risk because LG can deny a warranty to TVs sold by unauthorized resellers... iElectrica is not an LG authorized online reseller and you probably would not get warranty coverage.

http://www.lg.com/us/authorizeddealers/lg_online_authorized_retailers

Bought my B6 from Adorama and was able to activate the warranty on it even though they are on that list.

Darklor01

Fuck yeah, that's the kinda confidence I need to hear

LOL.. each unto their own.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-oled-technology-flat-panels-general/2539281-lg-b6-c6-vs-e6-2.html

Seems some feel the 3D is astonishing, and some like the look of the glass. Sounds like you're in the same boat as someone who doesn't want the sound bar, 3D, or Glass.

For me, I couldn't care less about 3D, I do like the sound bar, and glass wouldn't work for where I need to put the TV for myself. For my father, he likes Glass, Soundbar, and would like 3D.

KevinG

Bought my B6 from Adorama and was able to activate the warranty on it even though they are on that list.

Adorama is also who I bought from. LG did not hesitate to honor their warranty terms despite me not buying from an authorized dealer. The whole process with LG's handling of the matter was impressive, quick and efficient.

nillapuddin

LOL.. each unto their own.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-oled-technology-flat-panels-general/2539281-lg-b6-c6-vs-e6-2.html

Seems some feel the 3D is astonishing, and some like the look of the glass. Sounds like you're in the same boat as someone who doesn't want the sound bar, 3D, or Glass.

For me, I couldn't care less about 3D, I do like the sound bar, and glass wouldn't work for where I need to put the TV for myself. For my father, he likes Glass, Soundbar, and would like 3D.

Yeah I feel you on all that.

I'd like 3D, but yeah the aesthetics of the device are holding me back.

Good luck with your (potential) E6!

Buyers Remorse is for real, it's an expensive ass TV.

I'm just fulfilling my promise when I bought the B6

"Wish me luck GAF, TV arrives 5/3/17. Now I will panic check the internet every 5 minutes for the next 6 weeks to confirm to myself I made the wrong decision"

Darklor01

Yeah I feel you on all that.

I'd like 3D, but yeah the aesthetics of the device are holding me back.

Good luck with your (potential) E6!

Buyers Remorse is for real, it's an expensive ass TV.

I'm just fulfilling my promise when I bought the B6

I'm with you. Buyer's remorse is VERY real. I'll take my father to see the set. He's seen it in person before, but it's a good idea to take him for a refresher. I'll see if they'll price match, though, they probably won't. Make sure he knows what he's getting into if he even might think about taking this deal, which, he may not.

hoss

I bought an E6 from iElectronica on eBay. Love it and have had no problems whatsoever. The 3D is the best I've ever seen, period.

I purchased an extended warranty directly from LG after registering the TV with them. Filled out the form with iElectronica as the retailer and had no troubles making the purchase.

Darklor01

I bought an E6 from iElectronica on eBay. Love it and have had no problems whatsoever. The 3D is the best I've ever seen, period.

I purchased an extended warranty directly from LG after registering the TV with them. Filled out the form with iElectronica as the retailer and had no troubles making the purchase.

Thanks for this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom