• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is this real live..!!! 12K

Status
Not open for further replies.
cat_its_beautiful.jpg

You keep trying very hard, but missing the point: I described exactly how many people were reacting (and how others kept reacting even after my post), while you are just stating that I essentially annoy you a lot but you can't blame me of being wrong about anything specific.

And care to tell me what should I be particularly defensive about, exactly?
Unlike you I'm not emotionally invested in the hardware I use to play games, and if someone with four Titans jokingly tells me his system shits all over mine you will just find me agreeing with him.

Sure I'll care to to tell you exactly what you're defensive about. You're defensive about the idea of saying "suck it consoles" and people not liking the commentt. Again, I thought that was obvious enough and didn't need to be pointed out.
Care to point out where I am incredibly emotionally invested in hardware to play my games in comparison to you?

Talk about being over-defensive...

He was just poking fun at people getting upset about some little shot at console hardware. Sheesh! Do you have to be so sensitive!?

Chopper Dave said:
He was just poking fun at people getting upset about some little shot at console hardware. Sheesh! Do you have to be so sensitive!?

Talk about being over-defensive * rolls eyes*

Seriously though, I'd love to actually play like this. Youtube videos don't exactly do the game/hardware justice. Too bad I don't have any friends/family who are crazy enough to buy all the hardware involved here.

Sentenza

Sure I'll care to to tell you exactly what your defensive about. You're defensive about the idea of saying "suck it consoles" and people not liking the commnet.
I found the comment silly myself.
The big difference is that silly is just silly to me. It's harmless. It's not "I'll freak out about this, insult this man and try to downplay what he just showed to me".

Again, I thought that was obvious enough and didn't need to be pointed out.
You were wrong.

Care to point out where I am incredibly emotionally invested in hardware to play my games in comparison to you?
It obviously annoyed you a lot that I mocked people for being over defensive. Didn't it?

Random guy: "Suck it consoles."

GAF: "I will not suck consoles you $100,000 PC buying random guy! Do you even Red Dead Redemption, bro?"

And I wouldn't have it any different. <3 GAF.

Indeed. I love you all. Watching that video and just knowing that this little sentence would amount to 80% of the discussion is so awesome. All the trolls on Dota should stop calling your mother names and just say "suck it, consoles". The internet would melt.

I think the whole thing can be condensed into this:

Griss

Why does he say suck it consoles? That's like taking over a standard family car in your 1 million bucks sports car. Sure its probably better, but can you really compare them?

That's exactly what I was thinking. It's like a 1 minute preview video of a new Ferrari, and at the end the Ferrari fanboy goes 'suck it Toyata Camry!'

Makes no sense, but I did laugh. Gaming isn't meant to be serious. A bit of PC / console war every now and then never hurt anyone. I was far more bothered at the fact that he wasn't racing in 1st person to actually use the bloody screens.

I found the comment silly myself.
The big difference is that silly is just silly to me. It's harmless. It's not "I'll freak out about this, insult this man and try to downplay what he just showed to me".

It obviously annoyed you a lot that I mocked people for being over defensive. Didn't it?
Insulting a guy by calling him things like "douchenozzle" or "manchild" in response to a deliberately trollish comment is also pretty harmless, and doesn't strike me as gaf freaking out.

And no your comment didn't annoy me a lot, I just thought it was hypocritical, so slightly annoyed I guess. I don't know how that shows I have more emotional investment in my hardware than you do. I prefer pc over console anyway

6000$ for the PC, like $14,000 for the 3 screens.
and let's not forget the tier 3 bio-tech eye upgrade so you're still able to see a difference compared to ONE 4K display at the same size.

Also: sizing up the original Quake to 100k wouldn't make the game look good anymore.

goomba

Banned
Considering consoles like ps4 and xbone cant even support one 4K screen, let alone three , i can see why consoles should suck it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
As beings who think with electric nerves wrapped in silicon flesh, we don't have prejudices towards those of different processing capacity or display resolutions. We imagine the pictures and paint them on canvases of light for you to gawk and compare, but we cannot see our works for ourselves. You saddle us with windows into our minds, to wrench open our brains and dissect our dreams.

This thread bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom