• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is this the best lightsaber fight in all the movies and tv series?

Is it

• No

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

gioGAF

Agreed, Ray Park was amazing. It ends on a shit note, but yeah, I can't think of a better sequence in any of the other movies. Obviously this doesn't have the weight the Luke / Vader battles in Empire and RotJ did, but those 2 fights were archaic from the "fight" point of view.

On top of everything, TLJ has given me a new appreciation for the prequels. I once thought, after AotC, "It can't possible get worse", how wrong I was :-(

Plus, nothing beats live action for me, which automatically disqualifies all cartoons.

Last edited:

Codes 208

As far as choreography goes I’m a sucker for so I-Wan vs Qui-Gon. Plus in the cartoon Grievous vs everyone was badass

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
It's certainly the best ballet sequence in Star Wars.

It's either Return Empire, as in, the only ones with any real emotion weight to them. The part where Luke's just fucking relentlessly wailing on Vader and struggling to control his rage is one of the best scenes of the film.

Nymphae

Banned
I can't tell if it's the final fight from Phantom Menace or not (at work), but if that's what it is, then yes. Best fight staging and music, plus the most badass jedi/sith moment ever when Maul and Qui Gon are separated by the force field.

Nothing will ever top that saber fight.

Also @ 1:55, Qui-Gonn's lightsaber gets FAT, and there seems to be a few errors in the CG with Maul's saber placement (shouldn't be showing glowy red blade when his body is in front of part of it, and then suddenly as he's turning, INSTA SABER BLADE. Still, even 20 years later, I still love the fight.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
ESB sequence is the best. It has verticality, it has insanely thick atmosphere, and it’s not just two equally matched people dueling. You can feel the desperation of Luke trying to fight this overwhelming force, trapped in the belly of the beast, the weird techno hell of Cloud City. Way past just a fight on a location, It tells a story in its own right.

Top Bottom