• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guess the next game to have a TV Show

intbal

Dishonored_box_art_Bethesda.jpg

They would skip over Corvo and go straight to Emily.

Astral Dog

never like videogames to come as tv shows or movies, but well... i guess im old.

ps. maybe MGS
It seems like we are in a new age of videogame adaptions that are better than anything we seen before: Sonic the Hedgehog Movies, Super Mario Bros, The Last of Us, Castlevania, upcoming Devil May Cry

These are made from real fans and not just to get some cash from nostalgia i think we will see pretty interesting productions in the future

StueyDuck

Don't we know it's horizon...

But yeah mass effect needs to be next. But damn it's gotta be given to a good team.

Don't give it to some losers who made marvel stuff or star trek discovery

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Metal Gear should be made as movies

Red Dead Redemption as series, but holy shit, I hope as hell they don't woke anything

And oh, Persona anime

Trilobit

A show based on the atmosphere and challenge of The Long Dark's sandbox mode would be amazing. Just a guy crashed in the wilderness where all people are dead and he has to survive against the elements and wildlife. And

It should have him barely surviving as he wanders from cabin to cabin barely suriviving scavenging whatever scraps of food are left and whenever he can make a fire inside it should give the viewer a temporary relief from the oppressive atmosphere.

The Fallout show also made me wonder what a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. show could look like.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Another one is Dead Space, but I could see a Saints Row or Grand Theft Auto being made after all we just had this: (movie, mind you)

Happy Video Game GIF by Regal

Mitsurux

Final Fantasy, would make a lot of sense.
Doesn't have alot (if any) story baggage to worry about since the games are all separate stories/worlds etc.
Just throw in a few "references" Chocobos, someone named Cid, feature Magic is some way etc.
You would be pretty much free to tell your own fantasy story.

There's already an Horizon Zero Dawn series being developed at Netflix accordingly. So that and God of War are the next ones to grace our television screens.

As others have said Bioshock would make an excellent choice. Its 1920s visual style mixed with a futuristic 1950s setting (crazy when you say all that out loud) but it would certainly look different.

taizuke

Tell Tale's The Walking Dead Season 1. It's basically TLOU with two black leads and there's no worrying they will be race swapped. lol

Atrus

Gold Member
Take Two could make a lot of money on Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption.

Both take place in the real world so production costs would be lower than a purely fictional one and the writing drives the plot in both.

Even if they’re mediocre, the brand power would lead to a huge audience across a wide demographic.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I'd really like to see an Assassin's Creed series revolving around Ezio.

But, God of War is already in development. From a budget and practicality perspective, one of the John Clancy franchises are very makeable. A spy-heavy thriller with Splinter Cell, or an ensemble cast in a post apocalyptic setting with The Division.

Top Bottom