• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is this the possible story for Silent Hills

Was searching through old stuff on gaf and stumbled on this old locked thread from 5 years ago about Pale Gale Network, the leaker behind PSASBR. Here's the link to the PGN's page about Kojima's taboo game.

The possible plot:
Without further delay, I’ve been told that Hideo Kojima’s current “taboo” game in the works is based off a doctor in New York City that regularly performs circumcision to boys as part of his doctoral duties, but when his wife gives birth and he performs his own son’s circumcision and it goes wrong (killing his newborn baby), he becomes a mass murderer by using the list of all newborns in NYC that he’s performed operations on, and killing them at their family’s homes while they sleep.

You are a New York City detective that is on the case to stop this doctor who’s now mad and are taken through a complete psychological thriller/action-horror game of sorts, to stop the doc. It’s supposively a pretty twisted game and it has you failing on purpose multiple times in the beginning, to really get to you and strike you deep.

You’re constantly falling short (no pun intended) of catching the mad man, but begin to get better as your character advances, by solving puzzles as to which family will be struck next, when, etc. This apparantly is the “taboo” subject that Mr. Hideo Kojima spoke about his game having and this Saw-like title certainly sounds pretty bold and daring to say the least. It’s definitely something never done before in the video game industry that I can think of, so if true…wow I’m surprised (even moreso because of a script I wrote for South Park that deals with circumcision a few months ago).

Back to the Kojima Productions game, at sometime in the story, your own wife gives birth to a baby boy and certain events happen that further escalates the tension your character and you the player gets. Does it sound believable? Yes, but that doesn’t mean it’s real. Consider it a RUMOR, but know that I will be contacting Kojima Productions and Konami to see if I can get anything to confirm or deny such a title in development.

It definitely falls in line with what happened P.T., failing constantly when actually you've progressed, dead baby thing plus going to other areas since the game takes place in NYC would make sense for the s in Silent Hills.

A couple things. The taboo game Kojima was referring to is MGSV. Aside from that, the whole ball started rolling as far as Kojima making a SH game when Konami's president asked him to do it. And that was mid-2012.

JayEH

A couple things. The taboo game Kojima was referring to is MGSV. Aside from that, the whole ball started rolling as far as Kojima making a SH game when Konami's president asked him to do it. And that was mid-2012.

Oh how times have changed. What happened to this guy :(

Corpekata

Banned
Has way too much in common with that whackjob Silent Hills wiki story about the dude obsessed with circumcision. I bet he's the source.

I've played MGS V to the end but I cant remember exactly what was taboo bout that game. Also, huh, didn't know that little fact. Guess this is a bust then. Its odd how the whole baby theme and the PT ending kinda match up though.

You linked something disproving this rumor. Also the taboo game was MGSV I thought.

I was thinking since this Paul guy got PSASBR right, maybe he was right again. Plus what I mentioned above.

"Dad was such a drag"

I always liked to think this referred to Konami.

Has way too much in common with that whackjob Silent Hills wiki story about the dude obsessed with circumcision. I bet he's the source.

Really? Could you post a link to this.

Corpekata

Banned
I've played MGS V to the end but I cant remember exactly what was taboo bout that game. Also, huh, didn't know that little fact. Guess this is a bust then. Its odd how the whole baby theme and the PT ending kinda match up though.

I was thinking since this Paul guy got PSASBR right, maybe he was right again. Plus what I mentioned above.

I always liked to think this referred to Konami.

Really? Could you post a link to this.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1157891&highlight=silent+hill+wiki

Guy that runs it is convinced that everything is a circumcision allegory and has been peppering even unrelated pages about it.

Azzanadra

Doesn't sound like it, though tackling circumcision in a game sounds pretty...interesting. From PT, the game seemed to a fixation on fathers murdering their families, and that isn't really represented in that synopsis.

It's hard to tell how much of MGSV is what Kojima wanted it to be since it was obviously cut short. That said, the child soldier aspect was one of the taboo elements.

As far as the president stuff, here's where it was first mentioned

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-...ower-other-konami-games-silent-hill-included/

I guess technically the ball started rolling because Kojima borrowed the original Silent Hill movie from a friend in preparation for the sequel and started thinking about the possibilities of SH using Fox Engine. He felt that they could reach really high levels of visuals due to the nature of Silent Hill (largely built around small rooms with slow moving enemies).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1157891&highlight=silent+hill+wiki

Guy that runs it is convinced that everything is a circumcision allegory and has been peppering even unrelated pages about it.

This was in 2015 when this happened though. I'm not sure how to react to that whole circumcision thing.

The "taboo" stuff was most likely what happened to
Paz and Chico in Ground Zeroes.

Oh that, I guess that was pretty taboo but it was just a slight part of MGS V. All I remembered from MGS V was
parasites
, burgers and the reveal to VS.

Doesn't sound like it, though tackling circumcision in a game sounds pretty...interesting. From PT, the game seemed to a fixation on fathers murdering their families, and that isn't really represented in that synopsis.

It was about a father who I think ended up abusing and killing his family? Now that I try to recall, what was up with the crying dead baby thing.

It's hard to tell how much of MGSV is what Kojima wanted it to be since it was obviously cut short. That said, the child soldier aspect was one of the taboo elements.

As far as the president stuff, here's where it was first mentioned

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-...ower-other-konami-games-silent-hill-included/

I guess technically the ball started rolling because Kojima borrowed the original Silent Hill movie from a friend in preparation for the sequel and started thinking about the possibilities of SH using Fox Engine. He felt that they could reach really high levels of visuals due to the nature of Silent Hill (largely built around small with slow moving enemies).

Right, the child soldiers, nearly forgot them. To be honest, MGS V didnt really feel all that taboo-ish to me, possibly because I felt let down by the story.

And damn, considering the current Konami being dicks situation, this seems depressing to read. Its good Kojima left them ASAP.

Top Bottom