• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ISIS plotting ‘end of the world’ by attacking India with joint Afghan-Pak army

Status
Not open for further replies.
India getting nuked would basically start WW3 and challenge global alliances. And in this nightmare scenario of terrorists getting nukes, what's stopping them from nuking NATO's counter attack? It's not like they have a country that you can use MAD against. The collateral damage and nation rebuilding would be devastating

You are worrying about something that isn't going to happen.

Jesus hasn't come back yet it isn't time for armageddon just yet

wouldn't put it past these guys to try and provoke something though

Seventy70

Translation: We watched The Bomb documentary on PBS last night and then spent the rest of the night writing this fan fiction. We hope you like it.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
India getting nuked would basically start WW3 and challenge global alliances. And in this nightmare scenario of terrorists getting nukes, what's stopping them from nuking NATO's counter attack? It's not like they have a country that you can use MAD against. The collateral damage and nation rebuilding would be devastating

I don't think Pakistan has long range ICBMs to start World War 3 anyway. No clue why India would want to nuke anyone other than Pakistan.

Worst case scenario you have localized nuclear warfare with catastrophic long term environmental and global consequences but I don't think it'd be World War 3.

glaurung

It's too foolproof, we better just surrender now.
And then what? The muslim zealots are not going to negotiate. Their goal is not converting mankind, their goal is killing anyone who is not their brother.

We might as well surrender to loud farts, since we cannot do anything about them.

kswiston

India getting nuked would basically start WW3 and challenge global alliances. And in this nightmare scenario of terrorists getting nukes, what's stopping them from nuking NATO's counter attack? It's not like they have a country that you can use MAD against. The collateral damage and nation rebuilding would be devastating, and probably set the world back a few decades

1) How many nukes do you think they will have access to?

2) What global alliances would be threatened? None of the major world powers want an aggressive islamic theocracy as a superpower. Russia and China would set aside their differences with the west in that fantasy scenario. Both of them have have land borders with Islamic countries and both have fairly sizable Muslim minorities.

And then what? The muslim zealots are not going to negotiate. Their goal is not converting mankind, their goal is killing anyone who is not their brother.

Not really. They plan on keeping a lot of non-Muslim women and children as their slaves.

Haha, if they want an army-on-army fight, this is a joke. They won't be able to raise a sizable army, and India will wipe the floor with them.

However, I do hope there are no acts of terrorisms being planned though - those are much harder to control and look out for.

Bishop89

We'll no longer be able to access tech support for all of our many devices. Mass hysteria.

tumblr_m84tmvNfOP1qa4kw5o1_500.gif

I don't want these morons with a nuke. They will likely set it off accidentally and kill any number of innocents along with them (pretty much any nation in the world is at risk if they get one).

Abounder

Banned
You are worrying about something that isn't going to happen.

Yup it's up to the military and politicians across the globe to prepare for scenarios like terrorists getting nukes...may the gods help us all

I don't think Pakistan has long range ICBMs to start World War 3 anyway. No clue why India would want to nuke anyone other than Pakistan.

Worst case scenario you have localized nuclear warfare with catastrophic long term environmental and global consequences but I don't think it'd be World War 3.

That's the thing - you don't need ICBMs or a country if you're a terrorist that wants to see the world burn, and India's allies and the global economy will have to sacrifice quite a bit as well

1) How many nukes do you think they will have access to?

2) What global alliances would be threatened? None of the major world powers want an aggressive islamic theocracy as a superpower. Russia and China would set aside their differences with the west in that fantasy scenario. Both of them have have land borders with Islamic countries and both have fairly sizable Muslim minorities

Not really. They plan on keeping a lot of non-Muslim women and children as their slaves.

1) No idea but it wouldn't take much to start WW3
2) Depends how India's allies respond, especially if those troops find themselves getting nuked fighting in response as well. If Russia and China gets involved then more land grab politics are in store...I can only imagine how Pakistan and Afghanistan would be divided in the aftermath and the geopolitical collateral damage

Pluto

They can't be serious, muslims will be united? Under them? Most muslims want nothing to do with them and looking at the things ISIS is doing to muslims in Iraq, Syria etc, they're not too fond of them either. They're fanatics who would kill anyone who isn't them, muslims and non-muslims alike.

That's the thing - you don't need ICBMs or a country if you're a terrorist that wants to see the world burn, and India's allies and the global economy will have to sacrifice quite a bit as well

If a terrorist group or rogue nation ever used a nuke they likely face a global alliance that would wipe them from the face of the Earth.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If a terrorist group or rogue nation ever used a nuke they likely face a global alliance that would wipe them from the face of the Earth.

Pretty much this.

When 9/11 happened, pretty much everyone was on board with bombing the fuck out of the Taliban. Now imagine how people would respond if a nuke was used.

GeeTeeCee

Isn't one of the main reasons ISIS is running rampant because there are no major military powers (US etc) currently willing to fight them directly? And ISIS actually wants to go up against some of the biggest and best equipped armies in the world? Madness.

Abounder

Banned

I agree but hopefully that global alliance rebuilds nations better than North Korea or Iraq. World needs more Japans and South Koreas

Nivash

I agree but hopefully that global alliance rebuilds nations better than North Korea or Iraq. World needs more Japans and South Koreas

If a ISIS ever got hold of nukes and used them in terror attacks there wouldn't be much left of them to rebuild. The response would be genocide. If Manhattan, D.C., Moscow, Beijing, New Delhi or any other major city in belonging to a nuclear power got hit by a megaton-class device there would be hundreds of thousands if not millions dead. The population of the attacked country would demand nothing less than all ISIS territories basically being glassed to make sure they never get another shot.

It would make the War on Terror look like a polite conversation.

who would win between ISIS and ten trillion ants ?

Are the ants blood-lusted? Doesn't matter either way. I saw Ant-Man and they would stomp...

Also, thanks for the laughs ISIS, you guys are my favorite comedians...

If a ISIS ever got hold of nukes and used them in terror attacks there wouldn't be much left of them to rebuild. The response would be genocide. If Manhattan, D.C., Moscow, Beijing, New Delhi or any other major city in belonging to a nuclear power got hit by a megaton-class device there would be hundreds of thousands if not millions dead. The population of the attacked country would demand nothing less than all ISIS territories basically being glassed to make sure they never get another shot.

I have a morbid and near suicidal desire to actually see this play out...

zeemumu

Won't God be kind of upset if you attempt to end the world? I don't think he'd ask people to do it for Him. I feel like that would undermine the point.

Rogan

Banned

It would bring peace for sure.

Hyun Sai

"United Muslims". Check.

"Attack India". Check.

If people weren't sure ISIS are idiotic morons not knowing a fuck about anything on earth, that's it.

The only frightening thing is that a supposedly ex CIA analysis is thinking that could work.

Nivash

Are the ants blood-lusted? Doesn't matter either way. I saw Ant-Man and they would stomp...

Also, thanks for the laughs ISIS, you guys are my favorite comedians...

I have a morbid and near suicidal desire to actually see this play out...

You wouldn't. It wouldn't just be ISIS getting wiped out, it would be all the innocent people living in ISIS territory. So a large chunk Syria and Iraq - and in the supposed case of ISIS advancing into Afghanistan and Pakistan to get those nukes - large chunks of Afghanistan and most of Pakistan as well. Tens of millions dead. Other Muslim nations might get hit too if public hysteria gets out of control.

There's not even a guarantee that it wouldn't be enough to kick off a small nuclear winter that could kill upwards of a hundred million in the poorer parts of world through famine. A recent study of a simulated nuclear exchange between Pakistan and India involving half their arsenals calculated that it would cause global temperature depressions lasting a decade and killing over a billion, so even a handful of nukes could potentially be far more dangerous to the climate than most people understand.

http://www.psr.org/assets/pdfs/two-billion-at-risk.pdf

You'd think this means that whatever power got hit by the nuke would show restraint but apart from those hundreds of thousands to millions killed in the terror attack there's a large chance it would also include the countries political and military leadership, leaving commanders further down the line who might not have the complete picture to retaliate.

EDIT: I should probably point out though that this assumes ISIS could get that far, and they can't. The world powers would intervene in force long before that precisely because of the risk that Pakistani nukes fall into ISIS hands if Pakistan can't fight them off. ISIS's little fantasy seems to suggest that they can conquer Pakistan with the Taliban which is delusional, or they're equally delusionally suggesting some kind of popular uprising. But no matter what they would never get their hands on those nukes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom