• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ISIS release video showing Paris attackers executing prisoners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polari

PARIS — The Islamic State released a video on Sunday apparently showing footage of the men who carried out the November attacks in Paris while they were in Syria and Iraq, where they are pictured carrying out executions, including beheadings.

If the identities of the men in the video are confirmed, it would be the first evidence that the group that killed 130 people in coordinated attacks in Paris on Nov. 13 had been sent entirely from the Islamic State’s base in Syria.

The video appears to make clear that the Paris attacks were not just inspired by the Islamic State, but that the group itself was attacking on European soil. It also aims to show that the assailants — some of whom had European passports — had been carrying out atrocities in the group’s name long before their return to Europe.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/25/world/middleeast/isis-video-paris-attacks.html

du1qCkp.jpg

Samy Aminour, one of the Bataclan attackers after beheading a prisoner.

yOYLKNe.jpg

Bilal Hadfi, who blew himself up near Stade de France.

siddhu33

Yep, they're getting desperate...it's only a matter of time before everyone gives them the Armageddon they're crying for.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
That first picture is disturbing as hell.

BTW, wouldn't this demonstrate the incompetence of the security agencies? I'm sure I read somewhere in The Guardian that said that the attacks highlighted problems that agencies had. This seems to prove it even further.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Remember how many weird losers you knew in high school with delusions of grandeur and an idiotic obsession with martial arts and guns? Now imagine them with access to an organizational that encourages their delusions and rewards their venal stupidity. They all think they're Rambo and their support system defines everyone else as an enemy soldier.

Polari

Remember how many weird losers you knew in high school with delusions of grandeur and an idiotic obsession with martial arts and guns? Now imagine them with access to an organizational that encourages their delusions and rewards their venal stupidity. They all think they're Rambo and their support system defines everyone else as an enemy soldier.

Pretty much sums them up.

This is a pretty serious intelligence fail though. Not to mention one of them is still on the run.

Fluvian

Banned
He probably is. He honestly gives me goosebumps.

Deranged/brainwashed/drugged out of their minds on amphetamines, no joke ISIS give their foot soldiers amphetamines, ones that make meth look like ambien. Despite that obviously being against one of the most basic rules of Islam, and how does ISIS an extremist islamic state excuse this use of drugs to hype up their soldiers? "anything for the Jihad is permitted" next they'll be drinking booze because the "Jihad" permits it.

nilbog21

Banned
Lmao, looks like a bad movie poster
CZghUCnXEAQYByt.jpg:large

They are turning into the very thing they hate

"whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster."

Condom

Deranged/brainwashed/drugged out of their minds on amphetamines, no joke ISIS give their foot soldiers amphetamines, ones that make meth look like ambien. Despite that obviously being against one of the most basic rules of Islam, and how does ISIS an extremist islamic state excuse this use of drugs to hype up their soldiers? "anything for the Jihad is permitted" next they'll be drinking booze because the "Jihad" permits it.

People who were with them reported that they act more like a gang, with the soldiers not caring about the Islamic part. So the strict rules mostly get enforced on the citizens, not the soldiers.

Valhelm

contribute something
Lmao, looks like a bad movie poster
CZghUCnXEAQYByt.jpg:large

"whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster."

ISIS has relied on professional video editing and graphic design for a while. It's a cheap and easy way to appeal legitimate to potential recruits.

Fluvian

Banned
People who were with them reported that they act more like a gang, with the soldiers not caring about the Islamic part. So the strict rules mostly get enforced on the citizens, not the soldiers.

Yep, and a lot of their defectors leave because of that reason.

oneils

Who's the poor guy in red getting executed?

From what I have read, ISIS' strategy is to execute all government officials of the towns they take over. I'm guessing these poor guys are either prisoners of ISIS or officials of the towns that they have captured.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
They are just begging for a ground attack. Hopefully we can stay strong and not take the bait.

I am still not sure what I think about boots on the ground. Of course, they want us to attack, but that would not validate their crazy apocalyptic prophecies. I'd not be opposed to have those savages removed from the surface of the Earth and have the people who have to live under the terror of their insurgency liberated. I just hope that the Syrians, Iraqis, and Kurds on the ground can get the job done with the aid of airstrikes.

Man, fuck these guys and their delusion of grandor.

These little bitches would go in to hiding like the cowards they are if the countries they attack truly decided to do full out grand attack. They would just disappear in to the population as they don't have the fortitude to truly face a powerful opponent.

I mean fuck, they already are getting their asses kicked.

This is just an attempt to remain relevant because they are fear mongering douche bags that are losing their ability to instill fear.

sangreal

They are just begging for a ground attack. Hopefully we can stay strong and not take the bait.

To be clear they are begging for it because they believe in some dunb prophecy for the end times not because they think they can win or even because it will drag us into endless war ala Iraq/Afghanistan (it will, but that doesn't have anything to do with the 'we can't attack because that's what they want' narrative)

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)

You forgot the part about pumping them full of Commando meth.

To be clear they are begging for it because they believe in some dunb prophecy for the end times not because they think they can win or even because it will drag us into endless war ala Iraq/Afghanistan (it will, but that doesn't have anything to do with the 'we can't attack because that's what they want' narrative)

Easy man, you need to realize that that dumb prophecy is believed by many in Islam and to reject it is contradicting the Koran.
ISIS may well be the equivalent of some suicide pact Christians believing very hard that the rapture is going to happen on Dec 31st 2011 and they look a bit foolish on Jan 1st.
But make no mistake: they are not dumb.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious

That seems to be implying that their target is in any way legitimate.

It's mostly a fallacy that they are motivated by revenge against Western imposition. They are merely attacking the big guy on the planet who doesn't happen to serve their religious ideology.

So it's not that they are fighting a monster and becoming a monster. They are the original monster, created from a twisted version of political Islam.

woen

It would be good to stop posting everywhere footage of their video and only descriptions of what there is. It requires analysis, especially from medias, not taking their everything they say or show as if it was the absolute truth. For instance here they don't show the only one that survived the attacks and is still on the run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom