• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Isn't it wrong to title a bundle "Complete DLC Bundle" but not include all the DLC?

So recently Playstation has started offering bundles of certain things on PSN. One of those, introduced onto the store March 21, 2017 is titled the PlayStation® All-Stars Complete DLC Bundle.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/playstation-all-stars-complete-dlc-bundle/cid=UP9000-BCUS98472_00-PSABATROYLDLC001

The description says the following:

Description
Complete your collection with this complete DLC bundle for PlayStation® All-Stars!

PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale is a free-for-all brawler showcasing the best and brightest of PlayStation®'s characters and worlds!

From Kratos to Sly Cooper, Sweet Tooth to Parappa the Rapper, Sony characters from all over the gaming spectrum are brought together in a fighting adventure that's both easy to play and hard to master. Take the battle online for competitive multiplayer action, or go head to head with a group of friends on the couch and prove once and for all who's really the best!

This bundle includes:
• Super Pack Costumes
• Isaac Clarke, Zeus and Graveyard Pack
• Kat, Emmett and Fearless Pack
• Super Pack Dynamic Themes
• Minion Super Pack 1
• Minion Super Pack 2

The following bundles are listed:

What isn't listed and included are the two costume packs that contain the DLC characters' outfits, The Fortune Kat Cake Sack Pack and the Gotta Believe in Bladed Rift Thieves Pack (also the Heavy Hitters pack that had the four third-party character costumes but those are free).

So while the bundle is titled and described as a complete bundle it is in fact missing two paid costume bundles. Yet it includes DLC (Isaac Clarke, Zeus and Graveyard Pack) released after these packs.

I knew beforehand what packs were listed but had hoped it was a mistake. I'm still perfectly find with having bought the bundle as purchasing the big bundle content separately would have still cost me $45.

But I find it annoying and more importantly wrong that it is titled a Complete Bundle and described as "Complete your collection with this complete DLC bundle for PlayStation® All-Stars!" when it does not include all the DLC and with it you will not complete the DLC collection.

Any thoughts? Isn't this bundle titled and described incorrectly?

Also I find it amusing that this is a bundle of bundles of bundles:

• Super Pack Costumes:
- 4 Bundles:
▪ 4 Costumes
• Isaac Clarke, Zeus and Graveyard Pack
• Kat, Emmett and Fearless Pack
• Super Pack Dynamic Themes:

- 4 Bundles:
▪ 4 Themes:
• Minion Super Pack 1:
- 3 Bundles:
▪ 6 Minions
• Minion Super Pack 2:
- 3 Bundles:
▪ 6 Minions

So it's a bundle of 6 bundles that have 14 bundles under 4 of those 6 bundles.

Eumi

If it doesn't include all dlc released up to that point then yes, that should be pretty blatant false advertising.

It's GOTY/Complete Edition releases that don't include all the DLC on the disc that drive me insane. Defeats the whole purpose of even doing a rerelease like that.

Remember being so annoyed when Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 came out and Jill and Shuma were still DLC. Until they rereleased the game a few months ago they would've been lost forever if you hadn't downloaded them.

It's kind of astounding how many add-ons are listed in the store for this game. There are 85 including bundles. Then again they're selling the 36 minions individually for $0.50 a piece

Hohoho, you should see Paradox's DLC Bundle packs if you want to know what true hell looks like in these scenarios.

Any examples?

It's kind of astounding how many add-ons are listed in the store for this game. There are 85 including bundles. Then again they're selling the 36 minions individually for $0.50 a piece

Any examples?

Literally all of them.

"Contains all DLC released between launch and [Date two years after launch]"

There are no follow-up packs containing DLC released in the years afterward or updates to the original pack.

Cday

Banned
Yes and this happened to me once. I forget what game it was, but if you plan on having more dlc at some point, don't sell a fucking """complete""" edition. Call it something else.

Top Bottom