• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Israel: Netanyahu's Wife To be Charged With Fraud Over Lavish Dinner Parties and Priv

Tripon

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s wife Sara is expected to face criminal charges over fraud amounting to the equivalent of over $110,000 after, among other accusations, she is alleged to have used public funds to throw lavish dinner parties and hire private chefs.

The indictment against Sara Netanyahu, anticipated in a matter of weeks, sees the noose begin to tighten around the Israeli Prime Minister—known as 'Bibi'—who is implicated with an inner-circle of associates in a series of cases relating to fraud, bribery and corruption, Haaretz reported.

Sara Netanyahu, the Prime Minister's third wife, is accused of misusing state funds at the residence the pair share, receiving goods under false pretenses and breach of trust.

Netanyahu reportedly ordered food and chefs to cater private events, at the expense of the Prime Minister’s Residence. The couple's former cartaker, Meni Naftali, has filed a lawsuit claiming she gave a higher number of guests than had actually attended so as to pay more per meal for fewer diners.

The Times of Israel reported the most serious charges against her include the hiring of an electrician from her husband’s right-wing Likud party’s central committee. Sara went ahead with the hiring despite the Prime Minister’s legal office ruling against it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/israel-netanyahu-apos-wife-charged-144505928.html

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
So cheap and sordid. Like claiming your son's seven dollar scout membership as a tax deductible from your foundation.

Charged with fraud over Priv?

blackberry-priv.jpg

Worth it.

kmax

Palestinian children have their schools bombed, their homes taken, and their future destroyed.

Israel must change from within. Netanyahu going down is an important step.

bionic77

Palestinian children have their schools bombed, their homes taken, and their future destroyed.

Israel must change from within. Netanyahu going down is an important step.
I hope Bibi doesn't start some conflict to deflect away from himself.

Sinfamy

WTF dude? What has his wife's lifestyle got to do with the state of Israel? Take your hate somewhere else.
Does a country bare absolutely no responsibility in electing the same leader over and over and over again?
I think you could say fuck America if Trump wins 2020 and Pence 2024.

M.D

Does a country bare absolutely no responsibility in electing the same leader over and over and over again?

Thank god this is the only time America has elected an awful President.
We're lucky Trump might not get a second term, after all, what damage can he do in 4 years ?

norinrad

No, a country is more than just a few people who could vote. The entire country didn't put him there. You cannot blame a whole country.

I’ve hated Bibi ever since that video came out with him talking about how easy it is for Israel to get the US to do whatever it wants.

Good riddance.

WTF dude? What has his wife's lifestyle got to do with the state of Israel? Take your hate somewhere else.

Well, the relationship between a democracy and it's elected officials should be quite clear. If the right wing is ok with this, it is a reflection of at least some portion of the country of israel.

norinrad

Well, the relationship between a democracy and it's elected officials should be quite clear. If the right wing is ok with this, it is a reflection of at least some portion of the country of israel.

He should probably have said f**k Netanyahu and those who voted for him over and over again. Not everyone in Israel voted for him you know? He basically condemned the whole country and i think that is unfair.

KingK

No, a country is more than just a few people who could vote. The entire country didn't put him there. You cannot blame a whole country.
I mean, I've said "fuck this country," about America plenty of times before in response to news. I and most of the people I care about live here, I'm obviously not talking about every American. But generally when people say "Fuck America, fuck Israel, fuck Russia," etc. it's commonly understood to refer to the government and its supporters/enablers. In the case of democracies, that includes a significant chunk of the electorate that put them there, but I don't think he or most people are saying that literally everyone in the country is terrible.

Edit: More on topic, Netanyahu is among the worst in a country full of plenty of awful, evil politicians and I hope he goes down as hard as possible.

He should probably have said f**k Netanyahu and those who voted for him over and over again. Not everyone in Israel voted for him you know? He basically condemned the whole country and i think that is unfair.
If you don't like what your country has been doing for decades, OWN IT.
#notallisraelis is not going to fly here.

GuessWho

Fuck bb and his corrupt wife. Fuck Israel in general.
Oh stfu.
Look how democratic Israel is. Seems to me, that Israel is one of the few Democratic countries where people in power can actually go to jail if found corrupt. I don't think the US and many first world countries are that honest.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Oh stfu.
Look how democratic Israel is. Seems to me, that Israel is one of the few Democratic countries where people in power can actually go to jail if found corrupt. I don't think the US and many first world countries are that honest.
Lmao.

ZiZ

On one hand, fuck 'em.

On the other hand, this is what they get in trouble for?

Crimes against humanity? No one bats an eye.
Throwing a party and lying about the guest count? Unacceptable!

Go into any number of threads saying "fuck trump and the US" and try and convince people that not only does Trump not represent every american, but that the majority voted against him.

Top Bottom