• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Issue with Steam cloud. Any suggestions?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Every time I load Steam, games will either not load if they require a download or if they do load they wont upload to the cloud once I close out.

The only way to fix this is to Clear the download cache which restarts the Steam client and then things will upload. I have tried reinstalling Steam in a new folder and the issue still remains. It's getting very tedious being forced to clear the cache every time I want to start a game and/or upload to the cloud. I have to do this EVERY SINGLE TIME and I am sick and tired of it. No other launchers have this issue. Just Steam.

A.Romero

That's a weird issue. It sounds to me like a security application issue. Check your firewall/AV settings. Pause them for a minute to test it out if you can.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
That's a weird issue. It sounds to me like a security application issue. Check your firewall/AV settings. Pause them for a minute to test it out if you can.
It's only steam that has that problem. GOG, EA Play, Epic, Ubisoft, Xbox App. None have that issue.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Have you tried contacting Steam CS? Sounds like maybe some box you ticked by accident in the settings or something

A.Romero

It's only steam that has that problem. GOG, EA Play, Epic, Ubisoft, Xbox App. None have that issue.

What's weird is that it still happens despite you reinstalling so even if the rest work an entry in your security software could be blocking Steam specifically.

Another thing to try: Opt in to Steam Beta and test. If it doens't work opt out and try again.

Top Bottom