• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It seems like The Two Thrones and Warrior Within didn´t have bad art after all

fresquito

Today I was checking Eric Chahi´s website (the author of Another World) and clicked on "Links". There I found a link to Hydropix website. Hydropix is the artist behind Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones and Warrior Within (and Alone in the Dark IV as well). I´ve read complaints about his bad art, and after seeing his stuff, I couldn´t disagree more.

Hydropix site

Make sure you check the "Video Tutorials" :)

demi

Art's good, gameplay sucks (in Warrior Within's case anyway)

That's how it is with most games, great to look at, horrible to touch

jarosh

i doubt that people were complaining about bad art. they were complaining about the design decision of making the prince badass and full of 'generic rage'. that wasn't the artist's choice.

Xrenity

I liked Warior Within and The Two Thrones (the last being the better). Art was awesome, you could unlock those.

Still love the PoP gameplay. Hope they're making a new one, although Assassin's Creed seems to future some PoP-style things.

Did these games get knocked for bad art, or just for inappropriate art? A lot of WW, especially, would have fit a Mortal Kombat game better than PoP.

Art and art direction are two separate but inexorably linked things is a game. so while the art may have been good, the art direction was terrible.

Top Bottom