• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's freakin insane how challenging Kirby's True Arena is (hardest Kirby mode so far)

Antoon

Banned
Kirby expert here. Got my license by beating every Kirby game so far on 100% and everything, but this one, Kirby Planet Robobot on 3DS blows me away on how much skill you need to have to beat it, and its really fun too. I have always loved Arena modes in Kirby games, since they actually offer a real challenge unlike the main story modes. I mean I still like the casual gameplay of the Kirby games, as they are easy to pick up and are often relaxing, but to use all the skills you got from the Kirby games to face the toughest enemies in Kirbys history is another level of joy.

FOR THOSE GAMERS WHO LAUGH AT THE KIRBY SERIES FOR IT'S BABY GAMEPLAY, I DARE YOU TO BEAT THIS MODE! ;)

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Vawn

Banned
I can see that. The Switch game was the only Kirby game I ever played. A lot of the time I wasn't sure what I was doing or even where Kirby was on screen. It was easy - not because I felt good at the game, but because even though I felt like was playing poorly, nothing I did ever resulted in my dying or losing.

If the game had actually consequences for playing poorly, I could see it being very difficult. Either way, I didn't care for the mechanics and am doubtful I'll give the series another shot.

KINDERFELD

Banned
Played the demo for the one on Switch and its a very pretty game.
Made me strongly consider picking it up.
Just lighthearted fun. Sometimes that's all a game needs to be.

Antoon

Banned
I can see that. The Switch game was the only Kirby game I ever played. A lot of the time I wasn't sure what I was doing or even where Kirby was on screen. It was easy - not because I felt good at the game, but because even though I felt like was playing poorly, nothing I did ever resulted in my dying or losing.

If the game had actually consequences for playing poorly, I could see it being very difficult. Either way, I didn't care for the mechanics and am doubtful I'll give the series another shot.
Well its common sense for veteran Kirby players that the real challenge lies after you beat the main story mode. The main mode is like an appetizer, just to have a taste of Kirbys abilities, so you can see which work best for the real deal after you beat the mode. Kirbys mechanics have been improving quite a lot over the last 10 years, so the games are getting more and more tougher to beat on 100%. I highly encourage you to at least try one of the modes after you beat the story one, youll see how different it is. Kirby can now block, counter attack and much more based on different copy abilities.

Last edited:
I'll need to check this out. I loved Robobot and completed (nearly) all the content, but I wasn't aware the Arena mode was worth a darn.

Is the True Arena unlocked by completing The Arena, just like previous titles?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

If I remember correctly, they added a pretty darn difficult mode to the game as free-post-release DLC. You should check it out!

Antoon

Banned
I'll need to check this out. I loved Robobot and completed (nearly) all the content, but I wasn't aware the Arena mode was worth a darn.

Is the True Arena unlocked by completing The Arena, just like previous titles?
Yeah, its the same as in other games, unlocking after Arena mode. Its some of the best hardcore arcade experience Ive had in ages :) No saves, just you, a bunch of the weakest recovery items and a horde of bosses.

I 100% the collectables in Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot. I also beta the Normal Arena mode in the latter but I will never dare venture into True Arena as I don't have the skills for it. :(

I do like the extra Mode for the Single Player Campaign as it changes up some of the gamplay enough to warrent it. :)

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Always wondered why games have to be this hard.

Aint got time for that shit with that many games

Athena~

Banned
Yes I got real fear every time a boss shows up at the portable games, and Kirby Air Ride was the most difficult racing game yet for me

And the RE2 demo I just finished in 20 mins was such a cakewalk. No fear whatsoever.

Top Bottom