• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Its official Jews are colonizing the moon

cryptoadam

Banned

The Israeli Beresheet probe was meant to be the first private lander to touch down on the moon. And all was going smoothly until mission controllers lost contact in April as the robotic craft made its way down. Beyond all the technology that was lost in the crash, Beresheet had an unusual cargo: a few thousand tiny tardigrades, the toughest animals on Earth.

Now, the organisation behind the tardigrades’ trip, the US-based Arch Mission Foundation – whose goal is to find a backup for Earth – has said the organisms may well have shrugged off the collision. “Our payload may be the only surviving thing from that mission,” Nova Spivack, the organisation’s founder, told Wired magazine.

Tardigrades have fascinated scientists since their discovery in the 18th century by the German zoologist and pastor Johann August Ephraim Goeze. The millimetre-long animals, sometimes known as water bears or moss piglets after their favoured environment and food, resemble cheerful eight-legged maggots wearing distinctly sphincter-like faces.

The UN better get on this and make sure these illegal Jewish water bear settlers are sent back behind the green CHEESE moon line.

LOL I kid I kid.

Interesting though if these little creatures actually somehow managed to survive on the moon.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
They are likely to just go into hypersleep/hibernation, there shouldn't be any microbes for them to eat up.

cryptoadam

Banned
The micro organisms are still alive? How long do they have before they kick it?

And so it came to be that there is life on the moon, probably. Lukasz Kaczmarek, a tardigrade expert and astrobiologist at the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, said the animals may well have survived the crash landing. “Tardigrades can survive pressures that are comparable to those created when asteroids strike Earth, so a small crash like this is nothing to them,” he said. The animals could potentially survive on the moon for years, he added.

Dehydrated tardigrades have been revived after years in an inactive state by plunging them into water. Once rehydrated, the animals become active again and feed and reproduce as normal. There is little chance of that happening to those that are lost in space, however. “They cannot colonise the moon because there is no atmosphere and no liquid water,” Kaczmarek said. “But it could be possible to bring them back to Earth and then add the water. They should resurrect.”

So not only are Jews colonizing the moon, but we might now even be able to recreate Jesus (a Jew) resurrection!

LOL.

Seems like they could "survive" for a long time, but would be in a sort of stasis until brought back to earth and given water.

Thurible

And so it came to be that there is life on the moon, probably. Lukasz Kaczmarek, a tardigrade expert and astrobiologist at the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, said the animals may well have survived the crash landing. “Tardigrades can survive pressures that are comparable to those created when asteroids strike Earth, so a small crash like this is nothing to them,” he said. The animals could potentially survive on the moon for years, he added.

Dehydrated tardigrades have been revived after years in an inactive state by plunging them into water. Once rehydrated, the animals become active again and feed and reproduce as normal. There is little chance of that happening to those that are lost in space, however. “They cannot colonise the moon because there is no atmosphere and no liquid water,” Kaczmarek said. “But it could be possible to bring them back to Earth and then add the water. They should resurrect.”

So not only are Jews colonizing the moon, but we might now even be able to recreate Jesus (a Jew) resurrection!

LOL.

Seems like they could "survive" for a long time, but would be in a sort of stasis until brought back to earth and given water.
Interesting, so they likely have some years left and can survive in such an environment (but they cannot thrive nor reproduce).

It's weird to think there are living things on the moon right now, even if it is just micro-organisms that are basically frozen until they receive water (which they likely will never get so they will probably die after some years :( )

I first head of tardigrades on Gaf, years ago.

Those little buggers can survive almost anything. Near Absolute Zero temperature, no oxygen, no atmosphere...If you could make one human sized and put the brain of a human in it, that would solve space travel.

JordanN

Banned

Those little buggers can survive almost anything. Near Absolute Zero temperature, no oxygen, no atmosphere...If you could make one human sized and put the brain of a human in it, that would solve space travel.
Well Japan did announce they're experimenting with Human-Animal hybrids.

What if this is actually one of their goals? 🤔

Last edited:
Well Japan did announce they're experimenting with Human-Animal hybrids.

What if this is actually one of their goals? 🤔

Here's to hoping

I member, back int day that there was talk of mixing a tree with an electric eel to provide free electricity. Then they said it was unethical and stopped.

I want us to go fucking nuts with cloning, gene splicing and hybridization as long as it doesn't involve humans or primates.

Pick stupid animals and plants, what harm can be done?

DiscoJer

Apparently this was the plot of Star Trek Discovery Season 1...well, not the human brain part, but apparently human sized ones.

I didn't watch the series, so I'm fuzzy on details, but they were in Star Trek Online

HarryKS

As long as it's not cockroaches.

Screenshot_55.png

Aintitcool

Banned
Yeah this is horrible science.

China sent plants that they manage to bloom on the darkside of the moon. And landed it okay. They have a live feed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom